What I love about this chapter is the fact that you were able to give us a glimpse of Scott and Rune's characters in such a small space. I really love where this story is going. Take us on a journey, Anyta. It will be an amazing journey for sure.

John

• Like 2

5b!?!?! Is there such a thing as a chapter 5b??? C'mon :blink:

Okay, seriously? 5b would have been fine as just six - sure they are connected, but there was a lot going on there for such a short chapter. Sometimes chapters can be short if they say all they have to say.

So, there really was a lot going on there. the confrontation, the Teresa 'let's make whoopee twice' [do me twice is just so trashy - I love it.], the realization Rune was lying, Scott's decision to get closure, everything. Oh yeah I love Scott even more now that he has impeccable taste in vehicles

• Like 1

Given Chapter 5b was so short, can we expect 6 [or 7 as the Chapter count states] soon??? :rolleyes:

How about tomorrow? Or is that too far away? :P

Honestly this story is delightful, Rune is being a bit of pillock at the moment <_< lets hope we get an explanation soon

• Like 1

Hehe,

I'm chuckling. (5b)--I'll get to that soon.

John-- :P thanks for the comments. I'm sort of racing through the writing now--doing whatever I can to get it done by November. I hope the journey does stay enjoyable. I know I'm having a ball writing it.

Andy-- okay:

1) Yeah, what can I say about Teresa? Girls, huh?

2) The jeep: it's the one his dad had before he died (he'd taken the mom's car when he had the crash). I don't think I've mentioned that yet, in fact, I may have cut it out in edits, but who knows, maybe the fact will make an appearance yet--if it fits the story. Hehe, so you like jeeps, huh? And motorbikes too? :P

3) 5b--so, I really thought it was too short to be a chapter. And it really does continue directly from chapter five so... *shrugs. Hopefully I don't confuse people. Maybe I should just change it to six?

4) I've finished chapter 6/7, John's got it at the moment--but I'll leave him a few days to read through it, I don't want to bog him down. In the meantime, I'll work on 7/8 (gosh, I'd better make a decision on the chapter naming, jeesch, I'm confusing myself now.) In my plan of the book, I think the whole thing will be 12-14 chapters. We'll see, I guess.

Agaith: hehe, soon soon. And yes. The next chapter does reveal stuff... :P

Thanks for your comments. (Man, I wish I had more than five of those points thingys a day! Also, what's with the way it counts the days?--If you forget to dole them out in the morning, then the following one you have to wait until the last time you did it the previous day! Gosh that's a pain. And over time I lose out on giving more of them away :( )

• Like 2

short

short

B)..................Well, 2 confrontations nice and short, Teresa? If she didn't get it by now, that was a goodbye! :lol: And for Rune that was a rude hello! The very question Scott was asking, 'why did Rune lie?' Bigger mystery how did invisible boy score an apartment? :blink: Great

short

chapter! Looking forward to more! :2thumbs:

• Like 1

short

short

B)..................Well, 2 confrontations nice and short, Teresa? If she didn't get it by now, that was a goodbye! :lol: And for Rune that was a rude hello! The very question Scott was asking, 'why did Rune lie?' Bigger mystery how did invisible boy score an apartment? :blink: Great

short

chapter! Looking forward to more! :2thumbs:

Lol, yup, that was a short chapter... :P Next one is a normal sized one, I promise. The one after that is looking to be a bit longer. As for the apartment, that will be explained, but I think not for two chapters... hehe--also, in my mind that adds to a little bit more tension...

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

OMG what a chapter Anyta! :D

That was intense, with both characters expressing long repressed thoughts and feelings. That was a horrible twist of fate with the boysenberry juice!

And oh yes there is enough to keep me hooked, especially with Scott just walking about.

Keep it coming :D

:2thumbs::hug:

• Like 2

OMG what a chapter Anyta! :D

That was intense, with both characters expressing long repressed thoughts and feelings. That was a horrible twist of fate with the boysenberry juice!

And oh yes there is enough to keep me hooked, especially with Scott just walking about.

Keep it coming :D

:2thumbs::hug:

Oh, yay, I'm glad to hear that! Yes, now it's Scott's turn to walk. :P How will they recover from this? Will they? :P.... Thanks for leaving a message!

• Like 2

Great Chapter,

Nice to see Scott didn't forgive and forget - though I suspect he will when he has time to process things. Right now his pain is more because he was more upset over Rune leaving than his dad's passing and before he had a right to be mad at himself for those feelings. Now he realizes Rune's leaving was not meant to be hurtful and painful as it still is, he knows it was out of concern - and he knows Rune still cares for him still. Thus there is no anger toward Rune to stop the pain of his feelings of Guilt over not mourning his dad properly. [Can you tell I have studied psychology a bit - or at the least had it practiced on me :P ]

I say we send Scott to this guy:

On a different note, Scott totally up ends Rune's world - in the real world he can just be invisible and watch people, follow them etc. With Scott he can't do that. So he can't hide behind his invisibility to avoid things. He has to confront them with Scott and that has him back on his heels.

As for enough to keep going, depends really. If you are going to spend the rest of the chapters keeping them apart yeah probably this would be the time to end it. But as there are so many more things to deal with and I am sure this is not the end of their interaction, then well let me say this in a spoiler:

Are you crazy woman?!?!?! Of course you better keep going. Remember what I said before about planes and haunting you <_<. Nuff said!

Great Chapter.

Andy

• Like 3
Nice to see Scott didn't forgive and forget - though I suspect he will when he has time to process things. Right now his pain is more because he was more upset over Rune leaving than his dad's passing and before he had a right to be mad at himself for those feelings. Now he realizes Rune's leaving was not meant to be hurtful and painful as it still is, he knows it was out of concern - and he knows Rune still cares for him still. Thus there is no anger toward Rune to stop the pain of his feelings of Guilt over not mourning his dad properly. [Can you tell I have studied psychology a bit - or at the least had it practiced on me tongue.gif ]

Oh wow, intuitive. Hmmm, maybe studying psychology rather than philosophy would have helped me more! hehe.

I say we send Scott to this guy:
ROFL--actually, I think this type of kick might be what I need sometimes, haha.

On a different note, Scott totally up ends Rune's world - in the real world he can just be invisible and watch people, follow them etc. With Scott he can't do that. So he can't hide behind his invisibility to avoid things. He has to confront them with Scott and that has him back on his heels.

Too true.

As for enough to keep going, depends really. If you are going to spend the rest of the chapters keeping them apart yeah probably this would be the time to end it. But as there are so many more things to deal with and I am sure this is not the end of their interaction, then well let me say this in a spoiler:

Spoiler

Are you crazy woman?!?!?! Of course you better keep going. Remember what I said before about planes and haunting you dry.gif. Nuff said!

No way is the story finished! :P I just wanted to make sure I wasn't rolling the story into a lull or something. Perhaps I'm worried because chapter eight isn't my favorite chapter. I am having a lot of fun writing nine, though, I won't say much but to say I find it both sad and sort of light relief-fun.

Yay, now I just managed to score an hour to do some writing, so I better use it wisely... and write more...

Thanks so much Andy!

• Like 2

Okay, chapter seven is up. :D

I hope things are starting to become clear. What I'm anxious about with this chapter, is that a lot of explanation is given, but do I still have enough hook to keep readers interested in continuing the story?

I'm still hooked. I mean, I'm eagerly anticipating that they get together. They will get together, right? I would be awfully sad if they don't :(

Anyway, you still have a lot of things to clear up:

1. If they ever get together, how would Scott handle having an invisible man as a boyfriend? It would be hard for sure.

2. Will Rune be able to manage his invisibility better (i.e. others can see him without causing them to be sick/death)?

3. Will Scott's mother ever be the same? Will their relationship improve for the better?

4. When will Rune learn that exchanging things for paper flowers is wrong? His intention his good, but what he's doing isn't technically good.

5. Will Rune's offspring be invisible too? (Ok this is not required, I'm just curious hehe).

And a lot more!

John

• Like 2
I'm still hooked. I mean, I'm eagerly anticipating that they get together. They will get together, right? I would be awfully sad if they don't sad.gif

there are three options: They get together. They don't get together and never see each other again, but have had an amazing few moments in their life together. They don't get together, but learn the value of friendship. I'm not saying which one will happen, hehe...

Oh, absolutely!

1. If they ever get together, how would Scott handle having an invisible man as a boyfriend? It would be hard for sure.

hmmm, interesting, same applies I think if they were just friends. :P

2. Will Rune be able to manage his invisibility better (i.e. others can see him without causing them to be sick/death)?

No comment.

3. Will Scott's mother ever be the same? Will their relationship improve for the better?

Also no comment. (but these things will be dealt with)

4. When will Rune learn that exchanging things for paper flowers is wrong? His intention his good, but what he's doing isn't technically good.

Lol. We'll see... :P Okay, so I imagine he pilfers or skims of the top of hospitality tips. Sort of a win-win--he never takes more that the tips go under 15%. Still, I know it's not perfect, but for his sit. it works. He does try to pay for things with the money he pilfers--and he doesn't like to steal.

5. Will Rune's offspring be invisible too? (Ok this is not required, I'm just curious hehe).

hahaha, and in my opinion, yes.

And a lot more!

Maybe.

Thanks for the post!

B)...............Great chapter, sure cleared up a few things :2thumbs: But then added more, who is Libby? Looks like it is Rune's turn to run after Scott now. :D Looking forward to more!

Lol, yeah, plenty of running seems to be happening in this story. Ha. There's a little more to come... More about Libby in chapter 8. :D

• Like 1

* Will Scott one day get injured and get a blood transfusion from Rune and become invisible too.

* Will they have invisible sex? Kinda like pin the tail on the donkey

Found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invisible_Boy

Old movie with Robbie the Robot

I'm still hooked. I mean, I'm eagerly anticipating that they get together. They will get together, right? I would be awfully sad if they don't :(

And a lot more!

John

* Will they have invisible sex? Kinda like pin the tail on the donkey

LOL, that reminds me of Spike and Buffy when she's invisible one episode, and... yeah, it's funny.

Well, since Scott has the ability to see Rune, I guess things won't be too much guess work. ;) But let's see how their relationship develops.

• Like 1

Thanks John! :P Yeah, I always imagined the story with the paranormal twist, but wanted to try give it a realistic feel as possible. It's a bit different from other paranormal stuff I've done, which is usually a little more action and blood spill--Though I like both types a lot...

Sweet,

Anyta

• Like 1

Well...first Nephy...then you Anyta! What is it with my fav authors and making me tear up lately!

I thought this was such a wonderful chapter the roles have truly been reversed now as Scott cannot fathom his true feelings or sort himself out . And to leave Rune standing there... :(

Bloody brilliant :D:2thumbs:

• Like 1

Well...first Nephy...then you Anyta! What is it with my fav authors and making me tear up lately!

I thought this was such a wonderful chapter the roles have truly been reversed now as Scott cannot fathom his true feelings or sort himself out . And to leave Rune standing there... :(

Bloody brilliant :D:2thumbs:

Thanks so much for reading and coming in here to tell me what you thought. :P Sorry Rune and Scott made you teary, (or, well, maybe not? At least from a writing perspective--wow, I managed that? hehe). Hmmm, what will happen to these two? There's a lot to sort out, can they do it? how? why? why not? I think the next wee bit of the story will be from Scott's perspective. But I'm planning to write a scene from Rune's point of view in the tenth chapter.

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Although I would love Scott to just drop everything and make a thing of it with Rune, I can see Scott getting really confused and it will take him a while to come around.

I hope they do get together but with the way things are who knows! :P (except maybe you Anyta) :P

• Like 1

B)................ I think Scott's anger and hurt got the best of him, thinking he has closure, when all he did was open up the wounds deeper. Although Rune caused him pain, what Scott did was plainly mean. I think he will really realize that, hopefully soon too, because I think he just pushed Rune over the edge.

Nice chapter!

• Like 1

Agaith-- hehe, *twirls the pen in her fingers. Jeesch so much power in it, I daresay it is mightier than the sword--or at least far more interesting...

Benji--There are a lot of emotions in these chapters--but four years of not knowing what really happened and that sense of abandoment has affects that don't so easily wash away, even if he wished it himself...

Thanks for leaving a note, hehe.

• Like 1

Okay, I'll start this reply by saying, hehe. Keen eye--passion for writing---I like you! :2thumbs:

I did immediately wonder how many chapters could be left after so much explanation was given and so many misunderstandings corrected. But, the emotional ties between them are so well written and the tension is just awesome, I can tell you people will be hooked to the very end and definitely want more when it is done (I am and will, no matter how great the ending is!). Just make sure you don't fall into the trap of continually extending it past where you planned just because you (or readers) can't let it go.

This makes me realize I've thought several times while reading this how well planned this story is. You give out hints super early and always bring them back and explain them. This is especially remarkable considering you're posting as you write. I usually don't read stories before they're complete because I can't stand if they never get finished, and I usually worry that stories that are posted as they are written won't have the quality of stories that are completed, edited as a whole, and then posted. You've made me very happy I took the risk in reading this right away! Keep it up!

Um, I haven't got a firm count in my head on how many chapters there will be, but I imagine around 14. I don't plan to keep extending and extending, but right from the beginning I planned one more twist to this story (though, the hints earlier on--I think the hint for this is in chapter four--well, I'm not so convinced it's strong enough. More little bits will be added in upcoming chapters though..)

But, I have a definite end in mind for this story (nup, not telling. Only one person sort of knows--and not in detail)--Oh, and I plan to finish it. Hopefully before the nano month in Nov. (Do you take part in that?)

Cheers so much for the note!!! hehehe

• Like 1