Do you have any addictions?

Marzipan

I'm addicted to...  

50 members have voted

1. 1. I'm addicted to...

I'm the kinda person that gets addicted easily. When I get interested in something I'm always totally hooked.

Latelly I've been hooked for Internet, GA especially. It started with reading here. Then it expanded to writing too. Now, all I seem to be doing is one or the other on my free time. I've already gotten some sour comments from my mum (she's afraid I have online games addiiction, lol) and from some of my friends that I have no time seeing anymore.

What can I say, I'll probably be here untill I'm kicked out. Please let me stay, please!!!!! :lmao:

I feel I'm not harming anyone, me included, I feel creative and I have gained new friends here. GA helps me to be more me in my real life too.

I have been addicted to TV-series, not anymore! I haven't open TV once after may 2010. Well, honestly, I did open it once when I bought a new one. That is now totally useless... I don't even watch the news anymore.

I've been quite a sports junkie too. Latelly I have reduced that some.

• Like 1

Some thing else is cigarettes.. :P

quit twice and have taken it up again.. :(

GA is kinda a given, given how much time i actually manage to spend here, reading... Never wanted to be able to write more.. ever! (sigh)

Definitely online stories. Not just on this site but freaking everywhere. I usually don't get addicted to things, like at all, but for some reason for the past few months I can't seem to let a day go by without reading at least a few chapters of a story. It's consumed my life >_> But in a good way. lol.

Also I'm kind of addicted to Dexter. I need season 5 on DVD now! :wacko:

I get addicted to everything that I like..... apparantly I have an addicted personality

Gambling.... I loooooooove gambling! I love the races, and since I normally win so I don't see it as a problem, It's actually pretty easy to pick winners when you can read the horse.... and betting on everything, If I could, I would bet on how quickly I can type a word, or how much I could buy with a $50 note.

Sleeping pills, That lasted over 2yrs and at the end it was the only way I could fall asleep.

Cuttin, Burning - eg self harm..... its addictive.

Racing Games.... I won't quit at a game unless I have come first

Work, It's the horses fault lol :P

I have two addiction currently...

1. Second Life, which, for those who don't know, is a virtual world in which nearly anything is possible. (Participation is free, btw.)

2. Men. I love men; everything about them. I'm not a sex addict, but sometimes I think that would be easier. I can be in a mall when a man walks past, and his scent will hook me by the nose, dragging me along behind him. I'll see a guy and think he's so beautiful that I want to touch him. I'm fascinated by men. Especially hairy men.

Although, the grungy, baggy look has helped me. It covers guys up and makes them so unattractive that I may not even notice them! But just when I think I'm safe, a classy guy will walk by and I'm a gonner. He may be in snug-fitting ratty old jeans and a T-shirt, but if he carries himself well; and if he smells nice, and has a nice smile, oh dear...

Coffee has to be a first because I simply can't start the day without it so all of my other addictions depend on that one to get going.

Chocolate... it's almost as good as sex.

GA

Sex... of cours... well I would be if I was having any

Painting

GA

Writing

Reading

GA

:)

• Like 1

cocaine, weed, booze, violence, tobacco.

I've been clean and sober from four out of five for over 6 years.

Good for you!:2thumbs:

I have an addictive personality. I have kicked some of my worst addictions and replaced them with slightly more appropriate ones. That counts, right?

It definitely counts! :2thumbs:

Internet. I'm definitely addicted to that!

GA's lookin' like it'll become one.

Also, ingesting non-food items, but that's kind of weird, and I really ought to stop...

Some thing else is cigarettes.. :P

quit twice and have taken it up again.. :(

GA is kinda a given, given how much time i actually manage to spend here, reading... Never wanted to be able to write more.. ever! (sigh)

Why don't you give a go to writing! I think you have it in you! I'll read it :D

Also, ingesting non-food items, but that's kind of weird, and I really ought to stop...

:blink:

Whe I was kid, I used to eat all my doll's and Barbie's fingers, toes and noses. And I also ripped peaces of the pages in my school books and ate those. Well, I ate paper in general.

Not anymore! Phiu. :D

:blink:

Whe I was kid, I used to eat all my doll's and Barbie's fingers, toes and noses. And I also ripped peaces of the pages in my school books and ate those. Well, I ate paper in general.

Not anymore! Phiu. :D

Poor Barbies!

Glad to see I'm not alone. biggrin.gif I'm getting help for it, though, heh-heh.

PICA! Stay away from the stuff that will make you sick at least. :rolleyes: No really, seek medical attention. :P

You forgot to list cigarettes. I think thats really one of the worst things. At least for me it is!

Well, YAY, i am nicotine free for 20 months now. Thats the longest time since i started smoking at 14 - and I hope i dont fall off the wagon again. But yes, i am still (and will always be) addicted to nicotine/cigarettes. So stupd really (smells bad, doesnt give you a real benefit, costs lots of money, harms your health... etc etc). For me definitely the drug that was hardest to quit....

Weed... It isn't dangerous, I know, but it's still something I'm working on getting under control. It's all about the ability to just feel okay, happy, for a bit. It kills my dreaming and creativity though... not to mention sucks all the motivation out of me...

• Like 1

Weed... It isn't dangerous, I know, but it's still something I'm working on getting under control. It's all about the ability to just feel okay, happy, for a bit. It kills my dreaming and creativity though... not to mention sucks all the motivation out of me...

At least you can see it. Most "heads" are too mellow to notice.

So while it isn't supposedly physically dangerous, it is dangerous in the ways you pointed out in the end of your post.

Anyway, I'm addicted to competition and winning. I love everything about those two things. I seriously hate to lose.

Edited by TetRefine

Well I have a few:

Games

Caffeine

Junk Food

People who catch my interest

I have some that aren't so great, like being a drug addict, or getting obsessed with games where I stay up all night playing, but it's part of being me. XD

My biggest physical addiction is soda ... the caffeine.

I was a smoker for a long time but I quit then I have one or two and then go for months without smoking at all.

I think I'm probably addicted to xanax because I can't sleep without it but I don't take more than what is prescribed.

I don't really have one of those addictive personalities. I like certain things but I don't have to have or do them.

My biggest physical addiction is soda ... the caffeine.

I was a smoker for a long time but I quit then I have one or two and then go for months without smoking at all.

I think I'm probably addicted to xanax because I can't sleep without it but I don't take more than what is prescribed.

I don't really have one of those addictive personalities. I like certain things but I don't have to have or do them.

Things I like, I have to have. MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, I'm so happy for you :2thumbs: I secretly love my addictions... But I'm working on it to keep things more in balance.