Okay, so I realized my next post was going to be my 500th and I decided to try to make it a good one - I was going to post to post it on my story discussion page, but figured, a) not many people read it, and b ) just a tad too egocentric - hell I realize my ego is too big already. So then I thought maybe I should say thanks to someone(s) but that seemed trite - besides, hopefully the people I would thank already have been told by me personally thanks.

Then I remembered that I can make up some witty name for myself once i reach 500. Since I don't have anything particularly begging to be used, I figured I use this post to solicit ideas for what to use. So if you can to help, please do so. Preferably here in the forum, but if you want to send me insulting suggestion without the general readership knowing, PM me [And I will be sure to post them in the forum and let everyone know who sent it to me as well :P ]

So with that, let the one or two people [being generous here I know] who give a rats ass about what I use on my profile, fire off their suggestions.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 2

You realize you have to go by your forum count, right? Currently, it's showing 451, so you've another 49 posts to go. :wub:

I love Mark's suggestion, too, but ... I dunno, 'love-able lawyer' just doesn't seem to have teeth, does it? I'll have to see if I can think of something. :D

How about:

A lawyer you can love.wub.gif They are pretty rare, you know.biggrin.gif

Hmmm, I'm only kinda a lawyer, being a prosecutor [some call me a persecutor] limits my lawyerly skills some BUT it does seem to be popular so it will get definite consideration

omg Andy , you are a gem :) truly

and what Mark said :D

:*) Thanks Mari!

You realize you have to go by your forum count, right? Currently, it's showing 451, so you've another 49 posts to go. :wub:

I love Mark's suggestion, too, but ... I dunno, 'love-able lawyer' just doesn't seem to have teeth, does it? I'll have to see if I can think of something. :D

Doh!!! I realized that after the field to change my title failed to appear. <_< That was rather anticlimactic wasn't it? Oh well more time to think of something snappy. Thanks for the note, now I gotta get back to posting 49 [48 after this] more posts to use whatever suggestions I get.

A take on Mark's suggestion ... "The lawyer with a heart." :D

Shhhhhh - you can't go spreading around that I have a heart, people [well defendants, their families and the defense attorney's at least] usually call me an asshole or worse - my fav to date was/is LWF. [little white faggot] Too bad I can't use that - too crude.

Andy

• Like 2

I think it needs to be snappier myself, though all the above suggestions are true. :P Still, you have a wit about you that I don't think comes across with these. Of course, I know anything I come up with will be lame, so....well, I'll think on it.

• Like 1

Okay, so I realized my next post was going to be my 500th and I decided to try to make it a good one - ...

Now that you've bought up the issue of number of posts, I'm trying to figure out just how many I have. My profile says I have 3,176 (before this one), but when I look at one of my posts it says the total is 2,754. I wonder which is right or if the Admin folks know of a glitch.

Now that you've bought up the issue of number of posts, I'm trying to figure out just how many I have. My profile says I have 3,176 (before this one), but when I look at one of my posts it says the total is 2,754. I wonder which is right or if the Admin folks know of a glitch.

Mike,

I remember reading that certain posts - game and humor for example - do not count for the count in the forum. They do count for the total on the Profile. So both are correct. I thought - wrongly obviously - that it was the profile count that mattered and allowed you to change your title - I was incorrect, you need 500 post that count in the forum number, not the profile number.

Andy

• Like 1

Mike,

I remember reading that certain posts - game and humor for example - do not count for the count in the forum. They do count for the total on the Profile. So both are correct. I thought - wrongly obviously - that it was the profile count that mattered and allowed you to change your title - I was incorrect, you need 500 post that count in the forum number, not the profile number.

Andy

Thanks, Andy. I didn't know there was a distinction between the two types of posts. You'll reach 500 soon...post away.

• Site Administrator

Andy is correct, the games and humour posts count to your overall total, but they don't count towards your levels.

Now I have a novel idea of what to post when you do reach that 500. What is a Quonus anyways? :P I searched Google and they it comes up with you as the top 3 searches, so that doesn't really help :) I checked Wiktionary and Wikipedia and nothing. Is it a plural or singular, is it a person, place or thing? So many questions that you could answer :D

Andy is correct, the games and humour posts count to your overall total, but they don't count towards your levels.

Now here's an idea. Those seeking to reach the 500 level could post their jokes in the Soapbox forum. Would anyone notice? :P

• 1 month later...