UK GA Meet Summer 2011

paya

Well, i have to say that a Youth Hostel is not for me.... I need certain comforts... like a private bathroom and a non-dormitory style rooms (paya and I need our privacy)

Though, I suppose we dont all need to be in the same hotel just as long as we are all nearby. I have to say that i usually stay in the Earls Court Area because of the reasonable prices and very good access to all the best attractions. The last two times in london however, I have stayed within the City itself (the company paid) - i found it very unsatisfactory.

For the obvious security reasons, i wont say on here which hotel im going to book, but i think the earls court area is where we will be....

• 2 weeks later...

I have pretty much decided on the YHA. It's pretty basic but I really don't mind that. I've spent enough times in barns and roundhouses to be happy with just a bed :)

There are certain things I refuse to do, camping and youth hostels are 2 of them! :P

I like my creature comforts way to much.. as well as cute waiters bringing me room service. :D Oh, and the whirpool baths.... fluffy towels....cute waiters....showers with room for 3....and a cute waiter. 0:)

There are certain things I refuse to do, camping and youth hostels are 2 of them! :P

I like my creature comforts way to much.. as well as cute waiters bringing me room service. :D Oh, and the whirpool baths.... fluffy towels....cute waiters....showers with room for 3....and a cute waiter. 0:)

Is that a yes you're coming? :P

Is that a yes you're coming? :P

That's a serious maybe. My work commitments keep me busy in Germany and time off is hard to pin down. Will try my very hardest though. :)

Be very radical to meet folks off here.

*sigh* anyone want to drag me accross the little pond for free to come say hi? :P

Why not :D .... Not sure you'd want to go back across the pond afterwards though ;)

Seriously, there are some nice universities in the UK. Just get a transfer, piece of cake! :)

Just stumbled on this thread. I can hear the Pointer Sisters singing "I'm so Excited"!

I'm in. That's a definite "YES"....in case you weren't sure. :D

I will be the senile Canadian....I mean senior Canadian. :lmao:

Could we ask Prince William to schedule his wedding that weekend??? B)

I want a room next to Neph! :wub: There'll be no hanky panky though, Neph, I am gay. Me in a youth hostel? I can't wait! Considering some of the places I've slept, a barn would be an upgrade! :lol:

So whoever is sending out details, send away, thanks.

Just stumbled on this thread. I can hear the Pointer Sisters singing "I'm so Excited"!

I want a room next to Neph! :wub: There'll be no hanky panky though, Neph, I am gay. Me in a youth hostel? I can't wait! Considering some of the places I've slept, a barn would be an upgrade! :lol:

LOL I bet you'll be a hoot Conner :P

I dont think details will be sorted for a while though.

And yay someone from outside Europe is coming :D

Oh and btw you american members, we have a Canadian coming why aren't you? :P hehe

LOL I bet you'll be a hoot Conner :P

I dont think details will be sorted for a while though.

And yay someone from outside Europe is coming :D

Oh and btw you american members, we have a Canadian coming why aren't you? :P hehe

Well I'm more or less keeping account of the people who'd like to come. There aren't many details as the only thing that you need to sort out ASAP are the flight tickets and the accomodation. We've already found out ours (me and West) and I'm really in for some sightseeing! :D We were also considering going to some show in some theatre... so there will be a lot to do for sure! :D And if we are a bigger group, we might need to put a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights!

:D :D :D

There is no way of stopping me from coming! Now I need to start booking flights, trains, schedules... find a suitable bed... Sigh! I need more details on what everyone is doing?

I was in London 16 years ago last time! So exciting! :lmao:

:D :D :D

There is no way of stopping me from coming! Now I need to start booking flights, trains, schedules... find a suitable bed... Sigh! I need more details on what everyone is doing?

I was in London 16 years ago last time! So exciting! :lmao:

As for programme, we're going to Covent Garden at least one evening! :D

well I meant me and Westie, but of course if anyone likes our idea you can join us! :D

Edited by paya

Paya and I have started putting together our programme of things to do. While we are in London, we are gonna be 'tourists' - the GA meet is important but not our only reason for being in London.

We have chosen our hotel, which is quite a way from the Youth Hostel people are planning on staying at, but really its only 10 minutes on the 'tube'.

I am coming up with ideas for restaurants etc that will be affordable for all, and i will distribute these by Private message for everyone to vote on. Paya and I are staying very VERY close to SoHo, and so im also researching gay specific events and venues (though remembering that not everyone is a "club" person - myself included).

Im getting REALLY excited now ....

• Like 1

Please West, let paya deal with your 'excitement' the rest of us dont need to see that :lmao::P

As for programme, I'll probably leech around some people maybe lol and just follow like a sheep :sheep:

And as for meeting places seeing as though I wont be staying in London I'm easy. ( Easy only in terms of meeting places ;) )