How to become an Alpha Male

So am I to understand spray-on abs is also a requirement? :P

Being an 'Alpha Male' as it is accepted in this day and age is all about being that douchebag that secretly everyone hates. The important thing is to note the difference between Alpha and macho. Matt is, sure, quite masculine, macho, and a little egotistical. But Alpha? No, just the fact that he's in a relationship knocks him out of that ballpark.

Take lions for example: the alpha does nothing but bang the chicks. The other males want to dethrone him constantly and loathe him (and will loathe anyone that surpasses him). You don't want to be an Alpha, they always end up bald and usually alcoholics.

You want to be an Omega; they're the ones that get the happy ending. ;)

P.S. - Cheating on your girlfriend? You've got some Alpha in those jeans*, my friend!

*intended

Hey, those spray on abs looked sexy as hell in that movie, even on the older guys! :D But on a serious note, I think you say it best right here on all your points.

• Like 1

I was checking what Eon said :

Become? Very tough to do. An alpha male is self-aware without being self-conscious, comfortable in his own skin, with nothing to prove. He competes for the love of it. He's confident, not self-conscious, honest with himself. Every alpha male I've known exemplified the renaissance man - interested in many things, not prepared to stop short of excellence. Self-confident because he knows how to work to succeed. Curious, always growing.

Never known an alpha male to strive to be an alpha male. Most just strive for authenticity in their lives, and to be the best they can be. In sex, they give freely of themselves - they don't take from their partner. Instead, they accept what's given. Graciously.

Its the best adequate definition of an alpha male :great:.

Looking back in all my memories, It suits perfectly with who I was and with what I did, till I met other "alpha males"... It resulted always in fights, and I didnt win each time. Live is funny and hard. Thats makes it worthy :D.

Old Bob (a retired "alpha male")

I doubt anyone who commented really cares however the kid may end up but given the nature of this forum, people will call on BS no matter who wrote what. Sure, ultimately we shouldn't try to come to quick conclusions about people but to me, this thread turned in a direction that made it a complete joke.

and lest you forget Jamessavik, you PMed me something bitter and hateful the last time I wrote something your own personal values didn't find acceptable, so go ahead and pick your pot or kettle.

Edited by Yang Bang
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

So am I to understand spray-on abs is also a requirement? :P

Being an 'Alpha Male' as it is accepted in this day and age is all about being that douchebag that secretly everyone hates. The important thing is to note the difference between Alpha and macho. Matt is, sure, quite masculine, macho, and a little egotistical. But Alpha? No, just the fact that he's in a relationship knocks him out of that ballpark.

Take lions for example: the alpha does nothing but bang the chicks. The other males want to dethrone him constantly and loathe him (and will loathe anyone that surpasses him). You don't want to be an Alpha, they always end up bald and usually alcoholics.

You want to be an Omega; they're the ones that get the happy ending. ;)

P.S. - Cheating on your girlfriend? You've got some Alpha in those jeans*, my friend!

*intended

LOL. Have you been watching Alpha and Omega, the cartoon movie? Huh... that actually is quite pertient to this subject actually, and is funny to boot. The cg sucked but the plot was funny as the alpha wolves got schooled by the omegas til they realized what they were really doing wrong.