Proof Good Music Is Dead

here is a great way to destroy that song from your mind

the diva song from the fifth element

I loved that song! XD

What other reason besides that song would there be to watch that movie?

Yeah, it's a grown woman, playing a fictional Canadian teenage pop star from 1993. (The joke is that the 1980's didn't come to Canada 'til like '93.) It's from a show called How I Met Your Mother.

This is actually my new obsession. I die over this brilliance. What can I say? I have a taste for tasteless music.

This was created for the second season of How I Met Your Mother in fall 2006. The premise is that their Candadian friend, Robin, was a teenage pop star in 1993. (Everything looks like 1986 because the '80s didn't come to Canada until like '93.) It's basically a parody of Alanis Morisette, who was a teenage pop star before she became the angry rocker we knew her as in the United States. They also make fun of Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. To get a fuller appreciation of just how brilliant that video is, check out what they're parodying:

Alanis Morisette, "Too Hot"

Tiffany, "I Think We're Alone Now"

Debbie Gibson, "Shake Your Love"

God. Just nailed the tone of those videos. "Let's Go to The Mall" really was a brilliant parody.