Proof Good Music Is Dead

While this video is a hot mess that lil sabrina the tenage witch looking bitch tryna rhyme but sound horrible. I'll just put it lightly she needs to stay in school and go to college. But, to show another video that I think you guys might enjoy. I give you a Ukranian male group who are gay and there serving this video and the song is pretty catchy. Plus, theres eye candy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko2IIvE34WY&feature=relmfu

There name is Kazaky!

That horrible Rebecca Black song actually gave me a headache. I think it's because I played it all the way through. Headache city, seriously. No song has ever done that before, including that awful "It's a Small World" song at Disneyland.

Colin :(

When you become a celebrity and and make universally hated music, you open yourself up to this. She needs to know the truth that she sucks.

Who are you to say it is universally hated?

Even if that were true, which it is not, does that give you license to be so obnoxious and condescending? And it's not just you, although you have demonstrated that you have a hair-trigger on many occasions. Many of the respondants here have made some really callous remarks.

Reading various threads on this website is quite a study in psychology. Most of us here have voluntarily taken on the label of "unusual" in some way; gay, bi, trans, figuring it out, whatever, so we ourselves do not fit the norm. Many of us have survived countless nasty verbal attacks and some of us, even physical beatings. Has that made you people hard and cold? Is it that pent-up anger that makes you so quick to be rude and nasty? Surviving painful situations can also have an opposite effect, you understand how painful verbal attacks can be so you can avoid spreading or adding to the hurt.

If we published reviews of writings here the way many of you have responded to this music video, I'd bet there'd be a lot of anger and hurt. Why are you people so extremely acerbic? If you don't like the video, ok, no problem; but you're so intensely negative and unkind.

I'm reminded of the movies I've seen about snotty girls having a bitch-fest to verbally murder someone they don't like. A very sad commentary on the participants.

• Like 3

I rather enjoy this little dity. I remember the days when my only stress in life was wondering how I was going to sneak a seat in my friend's Miata convertible. It was a much simpler time. And it rhymed.

• Like 1

Who are you to say it is universally hated?

Even if that were true, which it is not, does that give you license to be so obnoxious and condescending? And it's not just you, although you have demonstrated that you have a hair-trigger on many occasions. Many of the respondants here have made some really callous remarks.

Reading various threads on this website is quite a study in psychology. Most of us here have voluntarily taken on the label of "unusual" in some way; gay, bi, trans, figuring it out, whatever, so we ourselves do not fit the norm. Many of us have survived countless nasty verbal attacks and some of us, even physical beatings. Has that made you people hard and cold? Is it that pent-up anger that makes you so quick to be rude and nasty? Surviving painful situations can also have an opposite effect, you understand how painful verbal attacks can be so you can avoid spreading or adding to the hurt.

If we published reviews of writings here the way many of you have responded to this music video, I'd bet there'd be a lot of anger and hurt. Why are you people so extremely acerbic? If you don't like the video, ok, no problem; but you're so intensely negative and unkind.

I'm reminded of the movies I've seen about snotty girls having a bitch-fest to verbally murder someone they don't like. A very sad commentary on the participants.

Wikipedia says its basically universally hated. I think the sensitivity displayed over something like this is similar to the whole justin bieber shenanigans. People whom are celebrities, or who choose to get into the public spotlight, are going to be held up to be criticized, for better or for worse. What they do on their end is what counts, if they decide to let every little thing get to them, or if they just ignore it and move on is ultimately what matters.

In regards to your comment about peoples works here being talked about in such a manner, well, to be frank, it wouldn't be any different. Her video recieved over 22 million views (keep in mind, youtube goes by unique hits, not counting repeat views from the same person/computer). If you have 22 MILLION people looking at anything, a portion of them will love it, a portion will be neutral, and a portion will absolutely hate it. In this instance, I think there might be something about the quality of the video which makes a significant portion of the population dislike it. Namely, how there is minimal musical value by any standard to be had. Is it entertaining? Of course, but the only entertainment generally comes from the lack of quality. Rebecca could easily turn this to her advantage, as plenty of people have done before. A bad piece of work is simply a bad piece of work, no matter which way you slice it.

Bottom line I feel, does she deserve to be told to go kill herself? Obviously not, but it isn't the end of the world, and I'm not going to sugar coat it to ease peoples ego's and sense of accomplishment. The song is terrible, good effort, keep practicing and move on.

Edited by Skyline
  • Like 3

She was on Good Morning America and spoke out about all the hate mail she had received, and even sang a bit of the National Anthem. She's not all that bad! And I almost feel guilty for spending a whole week singing "Friday" mockingly in public areas. Almost.

Many of you forget that she did not write the song herself and is basically being used as a publicity puppet by the music industry. They got what they needed from her.

If someone is willing to pay you a large sum to sing a song (even if you recognize it's not great work) you'd all do it.

I saw that, her parents paid for the video originally, but she's probably made quite a bit on it now. I personally wish there was an unwatch button on youtube, cause I really didn't like it, but 22 million views is impressive in a few days. XD

She doesn't seem too awful either, she came across nice in the interview.

I don't know, I thought it was brilliant in a satiric way. It highlighted many common themes with the current generation of "carpe diem" music along with various genres of of pop and rap. Repetition and experimental choruses just seem kind of normal in today's music. Not my interest though.

I won't lie, I did have

on max for a while after "Friday". I highly recommend "Walk Away from the Sun" to anyone that needs a stark contrast to "Friday" pop. Too bad Grunge rock is dying out. :(

I thought we had hit a low point with Bieber, GaGa, and trashy Kesha...but apparently not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=channel_video_title

Heres what the critics had to say according to Wikipedia:

The song has received almost entirely negative reviews. Observers have called it "bizarre", "inept" and "hilariously dreadful". The song and singer were "savaged" on social networks across the internet, while being seen as a "YouTube laughing stock".

Kevin Rutherford, a columnist for Billboard magazine, wrote, "Black's video for 'Friday' is one of those rare occurrences where even the most seasoned critics of Internet culture don't know where to begin. From the singing straight out of Auto-Tuned hell to lyrics such as 'Tomorrow is Saturday / And Sunday comes afterwards / I don't want this weekend to end' and a hilariously bad rap about passing school buses, 'Friday' is something that simply must be seen and heard to be fully appreciated." Many other reviewers also singled out the lyrics in particular for criticism, which were described as "overly simple and repetitive" by TNT Magazine. Jim Edwards of BNET and Doug Gross of CNN both noted that the rap break from the considerably older rapper was "creepy".

One reviewer went so far as to state the song was possibly "The Worst Song Ever" and compared it to "The long look an addict takes in the mirror on the day they hit bottom, the day they tell themselves, I need to make some changes."

This video was made three days ago and my roommate just showed it to me. We almost wet ourselves laughing while watching it at how horrible it was. :lol:

It can be as bad as you say. But I do not see a meaningful difference with most popular music that sounds around.

John

Oh... my... god... haha...

I must say I agree. This song is horrible.

On a side note, Lady Gaga's song aren't bad! Well, at least the earlier ones. I don't like the recent ones.

But don't give up hope! There are actually good pop songs out there. Just take this song by Pink. I think it's actually pretty good and I'll share it with you to take away the sting of what you just heard.

I am too old to appreciate this music.

John

When you become a celebrity and and make universally hated music, you open yourself up to this. She needs to know the truth that she sucks.

he probably paid to spread this song on the media. He could even could had paid for the disc. But I do not think is that bad, when compared to most of the noise I hear. Just a little worse than average.

in music it could happen like with IQ. Most people have an intelligence of 100 +/- 16 points. That is more than 2/3 of the people. Only 15% has an intelligence over 116. Then same thing can occur with the music. Most of it is trashy.

She was on Good Morning America and spoke out about all the hate mail she had received, and even sang a bit of the National Anthem. She's not all that bad! And I almost feel guilty for spending a whole week singing "Friday" mockingly in public areas. Almost.

I do not like this lady, for some unknown reason. Perhaps she is of higher class; I am not sure of this. Then... I do not like people that triumph easily. All this are nothing but speculation on my part. I try to imagine that a song with so little quality is going to be printed on discs, if the singer do not pay for it.

Then, the song looks a little trashy to my ears, but not much trashier than the pop music in general. But considering that I am an old dinosaur, is not any miracle I do not like pop music.

I think all people love the songs from when he is an older adolescent of 16 or 17. Then this is the best music for the rest of his life. It has not any relation with the imaginary quality of the music. I think it does not exists. Then, a little blushing I have to confess that I love a few of the popular songs of 30 or 40 years ago.

So, the conclusion of this argument is... there is not an objective quality in music. Many of the classical musics were booed or jeered up when they presented ballets, operas, or just symphonies. They were rejected and despised by their professional colleagues. This is not only a musical phenomenon. Many of the best writers of the past were criticized and insulted by critics and other writers. But this is not only a phenomenon of the arts. I was watching a video of the BBC over famous mathematicians, and many of them were hated by their colleagues to the point that they ended mad, or had blown off their brain with a revolver. Famous mathematicians like Cantor, Boltzmann or Gödel, I am not an historian to mention others, were these I mentioned were hated by colleagues. Well, mathematicians can not be hated by the general public, for ordinary public do not understand maths.

I thought we had hit a low point with Bieber, GaGa, and trashy Kesha...but apparently not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=channel_video_title

Heres what the critics had to say according to Wikipedia:

The song has received almost entirely negative reviews. Observers have called it "bizarre", "inept" and "hilariously dreadful". The song and singer were "savaged" on social networks across the internet, while being seen as a "YouTube laughing stock".

Kevin Rutherford, a columnist for Billboard magazine, wrote, "Black's video for 'Friday' is one of those rare occurrences where even the most seasoned critics of Internet culture don't know where to begin. From the singing straight out of Auto-Tuned hell to lyrics such as 'Tomorrow is Saturday / And Sunday comes afterwards / I don't want this weekend to end' and a hilariously bad rap about passing school buses, 'Friday' is something that simply must be seen and heard to be fully appreciated." Many other reviewers also singled out the lyrics in particular for criticism, which were described as "overly simple and repetitive" by TNT Magazine. Jim Edwards of BNET and Doug Gross of CNN both noted that the rap break from the considerably older rapper was "creepy".

One reviewer went so far as to state the song was possibly "The Worst Song Ever" and compared it to "The long look an addict takes in the mirror on the day they hit bottom, the day they tell themselves, I need to make some changes."

This video was made three days ago and my roommate just showed it to me. We almost wet ourselves laughing while watching it at how horrible it was. :lol:

My parents hated rock music. I don't like rap. Music is a reflecttion of trends or current value within society. Poetry used to be the way to convey lyrical stories. We still celebrate Keats, Frost, etc. Yet, if they had come today perhaps they would be rappers. My point is that musis an ever changing art form. As an aside, it amuses me that some of the remarks posted here reflect those expressed by earlier generationsabout new music in their time. I should know.

my own favorite poet and performer is Bob Segar. can ya'll say "turn the page".

• Like 1

Goes to show that you don't really need talent (esp. at singing) to make it into the mainstream. If you have the right look, you can be made into a singer. They pick sexy people then package them up in barrage of risque outfits then teach them to perform and put on a show. Auto tunes takes care of the vocals and boom! presented before you is the image of a sex symbol with minor vocal talent and a knack for putting on a show.

• Like 2

out of over 30 million hits as of a few minutes ago there are almost 117,000 dislikes and only 15,000 likes. i do believe the masses have spoken and i for one agree.....

BURN THIS SHIT! DESTROY EVERY CD, EVERY MP3 EVERY RADIO STATION THAT PUMPS THIS SHIT OUT!