Have you ever had a song dedicated to you?

comicfan

There is someone I have known for a long time. Guided along and kidded with. Never thought it would really go further than that. Then I had a song dedicated to me. Adele's Make You Feel My Love. I guess you can say the blinders have suddenly fallen off. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Has anyone told you how they feel about you with a song?

I wish :)

So nice, I'm happy for you! It is always great to hear that someone cares, especially with such a special way.

Always nice to know someone cares about you. Just sort of came out of left field and wasn't expecting it. Of course now I had to buy the album and am trying to decide to how to proceed.

:) Yes :) Someone very special did... just recently :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbkz_3lO3c

Now that is a beautiful song. Glad to know someone finds you as special as you are. Congrats and keep them close.

• Like 1

I've had a song written for me for Valentine's Day by my ex, He is an awesome guitar player and songwriter. We're still good friends.

He also wrote a song with my son for some occasion, I can't remember. My son sang it for me and his dad played. It was so touching especially when my son gave me the paper it had been written on and he had copied the words himself. I still have it.

It is such a special thing I am really glad that it happened to you and I hope it leads to something wonderful

Yes, actually, I have had a song or two dedicated to me. My ex wrote liturgical music and played several instruments. He wrote songs for me as gifts rather than buying me things - knowing that I would see more value in them than anything he could buy at Wal-Mart or Target....

Yes, actually, I have had a song or two dedicated to me. My ex wrote liturgical music and played several instruments. He wrote songs for me as gifts rather than buying me things - knowing that I would see more value in them than anything he could buy at Wal-Mart or Target....

Well I have always been a sucker for the romantic angle. Make me something and I melt. So on that note I so agree Tipdin.

• Like 1

I hadn't :(.

But in my young years (1944, I was 15) I belonged to a communist youth group ( well... when you are young,you are more an idealist than an opportunist !)

At these times, I believed that the song "The Internationale" was dedicated to me, as to a millions others.

(clipped from the film "REDS")

and another more official :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFibtD3H_k&feature=related

Today, when I listen this song, I still remember the hopes it brought us, during WWII.

BTW, it was neither a romance, nor a disaster :lol:.

Edited by old bob

But in my young years (1944, I was 15) I belonged to a communist youth group ( well... when you are young,you are more an idealist than an opportunist !)

At these times, I believed that the song "The Internationale" was dedicated to me, as to a millions others.

Today, when I listen this song, I still remember the hopes it brought us, during WWII.

WONDERFUL

I've had a song written for me for Valentine's Day by my ex, He is an awesome guitar player and songwriter. We're still good friends.

He also wrote a song with my son for some occasion, I can't remember. My son sang it for me and his dad played. It was so touching especially when my son gave me the paper it had been written on and he had copied the words himself. I still have it.

It is such a special thing I am really glad that it happened to you and I hope it leads to something wonderful

Now that is what I call lucky Nephylim. You have had men who wanted you to know how they felt about you. Your son included. Nice to know you are loved that much.

As for your hoping, well you aren't the only one. :wub:

Perhaps not Bob but at least it made you feel included and that is important in life as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just Had another one come my way! :) made my day.. even though it did have a tiny glitch! bit hey, its a song,, its supposed to have some words thats not 'quite' right! sooo.. here it is :)

I cant embed it :(

• 10 months later...

I have had a lot of songs dedicated to me by friends or ex boyfriends and they are all so romantic except for one... I am going to share the worst one cause im sure yall dont wanna know about love songs :) He dedicated Senses Fail - You're cute when you scream to me while we were dating...

Not really in a romantic way, but my boyfriend did burn me a CD with songs that had funny little meanings to us and a segment with Kevin Nash on the Alan Cox Show, lol.