Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 76: Demons of the Id

Been looking forward to this all week and it certainly did not diserpoint. My mind initially glossed over the "demons" aspect of the chapter and just saw the Id, cheered thinking libido then saw the demons part! It was bound to happen eventually, it just shows the huge amount of fortitude trevor has in lasting this long. I wouldn't of made it above the waves when the ordeal started let alone everything hes accomplished, I don't imagine he can have a full breakdown for sake of the story but I can certainly see a severe panic attack. I know you mentioned that he has been avoiding things around Atlantis but the fact hes even on a ship, swimming in open water are very possitive signs for long term recovery. Once the relationship with his father is resolved (assuming it will be), the cathartic effect it will have in regard to all the worry hes internalised, in combination with his strong freindship groups are all factors for mental health.

It was also nice to see Jim & Dirk back in Florida, the discussion of him being a relic at only 37 and drag was a good way to slightly lighten the mood despite the storm after yet another cliff hanger back in Australia.

• Site Administrator

So I promised CJ I would not use the ----------- word this week :D

What an ominous ending :o

What storm is brewing that could be even worse? :unsure:

I will look at that later. What I'm wondering is the meaning of root in Australia? Would a rooter be someone who 'fluffs' the players :P

Okay, I'm gonna float a idea that popped into my head while reading this chapter. So we know that Shane knows 100% that Trevor is gay and if Trev wasn't so distracted with Shane in Speedos (maybe a new acronym, SIS), he'd realize Shane is making it comfortable for him to come out. I'm sure the whole Speedo conversation was Shane saying he realizes that a guy in Speedos is a way to make extra money in tips from women, AND MEN. So I then thought about the Blakes since they were mentioned in the chapter. This made me think about Shane's relationship with them, the town and others.

Could Shane be openly gay, and Blakes know this and embrace it rather than punish them. For some reason I have a feeling they may have had a son of their own and lost him because he was gay and didn't realize it. They are old enough to be parents, yet have no kids and are willing to stick their necks out for Shane. If Shane is gay it might explain the reason he might be frowned upon by the townfolk even on top of him being a looter of boats. When Shane was with Trevor, he was dismissed every where he applied for a job, girls noticed Trevor, not Shane. Any teenage girl I know would be gaga over a guy that looks like Shane and having a bad rep would only add to the attraction. The only thing I can come up with is that he is 'off the market' to the towns girls.

Maybe Graeme can weigh in on this. What is the general attitude of more rural areas of Australia? Is it like in Canada and in the States where conservative Christian values are more prominent?

Just this theory would explain a lot of things. Anyone else agree?

I will have to check out the Canadian qualifications regarding the Bronze Medallion. Oh, here they are. I forgot I did this back when I was fourteen :P . I guess we didn't have any land training like being able to run or anything like that.

Thanks for the chapter CJ, even though it did end in a ---------. :great:

Edited by wildone

I will look at that later. What I'm wondering is the meaning of root in Australia? Would a rooter be someone who 'fluffs' the players :P

Okay, I'm gonna float a idea that popped into my head while reading this chapter. So we know that Shane knows 100% that Trevor is gay and if Trev wasn't so distracted with Shane in Speedos (maybe a new acronym, SIS), he'd realize Shane is making it comfortable for him to come out. I'm sure the whole Speedo conversation was Shane saying he realizes that a guy in Speedos is a way to make extra money in tips from women, AND MEN. So I then thought about the Blakes since they were mentioned in the chapter. This made me think about Shane's relationship with them, the town and others.

Could Shane be openly gay, and Blakes know this and embrace it rather than punish them. For some reason I have a feeling they may have had a son of their own and lost him because he was gay and didn't realize it. They are old enough to be parents, yet have no kids and are willing to stick their necks out for Shane. If Shane is gay it might explain the reason he might be frowned upon by the townfolk even on top of him being a looter of boats. When Shane was with Trevor, he was dismissed every where he applied for a job, girls noticed Trevor, not Shane. Any teenage girl I know would be gaga over a guy that looks like Shane and having a bad rep would only add to the attraction. The only thing I can come up with is that he is 'off the market' to the towns girls.

Maybe Graeme can weigh in on this. What is the general attitude of more rural areas of Australia? Is it like in Canada and in the States where conservative Christian values are more prominent?

I will have to check out the Canadian qualifications regarding the Bronze Medallion. Oh, here they are. I forgot I did this back when I was fourteen :P . I guess we didn't have any land training like being able to run or anything like that.

B)....................... Agreed !!! :2thumbs: Agonizingly slow, but I see the end of the charade being played by Trevor and Shane. It looks like it will take Trevor's impending melt-down to bring these two together. The meeting between Lisa, Joel, Jim and Dirk is going to be most revealing! How much Dirk tells will be the turning point for Lisa and Joel. Will 'light bulbs' finally go off in their heads? Great chapter CJ!

B)....................... Agreed !!! :2thumbs: Agonizingly slow, but I see the end of the charade being played by Trevor and Shane. Hint from Shane?

"I suppose I can admit to that. It’s always good to admit to things and get ‘em out in the open, after all,” Shane said, with a wry smile.

It looks like it will take Trevor's impending melt-down to bring these two together. The meeting between Lisa, Joel, Jim and Dirk is going to be most revealing! How much Dirk tells will be the turning point for Lisa and Joel. Will 'light bulbs' finally go off in their heads? Great chapter CJ!

I love this story, Shane want to to be a writer, he's observant, he certainly notice's trevors discomfort around him, How trevors reacting i can remember (only just mind) what i was like witht my first partner, being distracted all the time especially when they are in nothing but speedos. Plus whatever this game of tag is, is it just another way so that Shane could get a good feel of Trevor. LOL and to let trevor know it is ok

Been looking forward to this all week and it certainly did not diserpoint. My mind initially glossed over the "demons" aspect of the chapter and just saw the Id, cheered thinking libido then saw the demons part! It was bound to happen eventually, it just shows the huge amount of fortitude trevor has in lasting this long. I wouldn't of made it above the waves when the ordeal started let alone everything hes accomplished, I don't imagine he can have a full breakdown for sake of the story but I can certainly see a severe panic attack. I know you mentioned that he has been avoiding things around Atlantis but the fact hes even on a ship, swimming in open water are very possitive signs for long term recovery. Once the relationship with his father is resolved (assuming it will be), the cathartic effect it will have in regard to all the worry hes internalised, in combination with his strong freindship groups are all factors for mental health.

It was also nice to see Jim & Dirk back in Florida, the discussion of him being a relic at only 37 and drag was a good way to slightly lighten the mood despite the storm after yet another cliff hanger back in Australia.

Cliffhanger??? :blink: But I never, ever use cliffhangers. 0:)

Yep, Trevor has some after-effects of his ordeal, and you're right, the fact he can still be on a boat (especially one so much like Atlantis) is a good sign. :)

"Root" has a specific meaning in Aussie slang... But, it's one I can't say here... What I can do though is give a link to an Australian dictionary, which will take you right to the R section. :)

So, what was Shane slyly asking? "Which team do you **** for?" Basically the same as asking "Which team do you play for?". :)

And yep, normally girls would absolutely go crazy for Shane... Though, in Carnarvon, there was only one girl who was hitting on Trevor, and she was mesmerized by the pirate story, plus him being shirtless (Shane, rarely for him, wasn't).

So, we have clues, but we just don't know yet. :)

Shane did seen rather hated by some, Ned included. However, Ned accused Shane of hitting on women (including his wife).

Confusing, isn't it?

Don't worry though, it all makes perfect sense, and all the clues become obvious... once you know. ;)

B)....................... Agreed !!! :2thumbs: Agonizingly slow, but I see the end of the charade being played by Trevor and Shane. It looks like it will take Trevor's impending melt-down to bring these two together. The meeting between Lisa, Joel, Jim and Dirk is going to be most revealing! How much Dirk tells will be the turning point for Lisa and Joel. Will 'light bulbs' finally go off in their heads? Great chapter CJ!

Yep, the meeting between Lisa, Joel, and Dirk will be very revealing... for them, and for us. :)

I love this story, Shane want to to be a writer, he's observant, he certainly notice's trevors discomfort around him, How trevors reacting i can remember (only just mind) what i was like witht my first partner, being distracted all the time especially when they are in nothing but speedos. Plus whatever this game of tag is, is it just another way so that Shane could get a good feel of Trevor. LOL and to let trevor know it is ok

Good catch: Shane is very observant, and, as we saw with the kangaroos, is good at thinking ahead. Shane is also a budding writer, and as we saw with "Night of the Mob", he's very fond of misdirection, which he calls a sneaky writer's trick. :)

Okay, time to mention the next chapter title: "Breaking Point".

Yea, come on "Breaking Point".

Often a thunder storm isn't as bad as the slow, humid tension building toward a storm. That's where I feel we readers have been since Trevor started his languid cruise on Kookaburra. Come on storm; come on breaking point!

When Trevor was making the sandwiches and visibly shaking, I half expected him to have a spontaneous orgasm. He's been "almost there" forever. How much more smirking can Shane do before he just blurts out the truth an Trevor can breath again.

And then this quote near the end of the chapter: “It’ll certainly be a Christmas to remember,” Jim said, trying to lighten the mood and giving Dirk a pat on the back. “It might take time, but I think Trevor will forgive you, once he knows the truth.”

It's now mid-May in real life, do we have to wait to Christmas before we know what's going on with Dirk? With Trevor and Shane? With Bridgit, George and fellow scumbags? Hope not.

Thanks for another great chapter.

• Site Administrator

It's now mid-May in real life, do we have to wait to Christmas before we know what's going on with Dirk? With Trevor and Shane? With Bridgit, George and fellow scumbags? Hope not.

I've always said CJ is a giver rather than a taker 0:), so yes, wait for chapter 136 for your answers at Christmas :P

I've always said CJ is a giver rather than a taker 0:), so yes, wait for chapter 136 for your answers at Christmas :P

B)............. Better not, or I may consider a roasted goat for X-mas. :lol:

Yea, come on "Breaking Point".

Often a thunder storm isn't as bad as the slow, humid tension building toward a storm. That's where I feel we readers have been since Trevor started his languid cruise on Kookaburra. Come on storm; come on breaking point!

When Trevor was making the sandwiches and visibly shaking, I half expected him to have a spontaneous orgasm. He's been "almost there" forever. How much more smirking can Shane do before he just blurts out the truth an Trevor can breath again.

And then this quote near the end of the chapter: “It’ll certainly be a Christmas to remember,” Jim said, trying to lighten the mood and giving Dirk a pat on the back. “It might take time, but I think Trevor will forgive you, once he knows the truth.”

Thanks for another great chapter.

"Breaking Point" just posted. :)

And Lol.. Christmas in the story will come soon. :)

In the story, we are now past Thanksgiving Day (US) so that puts up closer to the December 17th expiration date.

Yep! We'll be having more story days per chapter, so the 17th is right around the corner. :)

:P

I'm not yet sure on an exact chapter count, but it'll be under 100... and if it's not, somebody please shoot me. :)

B)............. Better not, or I may consider a roasted goat for X-mas. :lol:

ACK!!! Now now, no goat roasting! :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..