Cultural difference

Some say that it is easier for hygene purposes. i.e. yeast infections. I tend to think it has to do with many North American things we do that have no thought put into them. It's the "it's always been that way" thinking. I am opposed to genital mutilation. I am circumcised though I never had a choice in the matter (it was done at birth).

Well- it's not like they ask you. They just snip you at birth and call it a day.

In my neck of the woods, Mississippi, circumcision is almost universal- 90%+.

Guys that were uncircumcised "kept to themselves" because it is difficult to be different.

I had a friend who refused to circumsize her son. She said the only reason she could see for it was so that he'd look like his father. Here in the US, it's something you have to opt out of, otherwise it's done automatically. I didn't have a choice either.

I figure that, in the end, maybe all those stories about cut guys being less susceptible to AIDS are true. At least that's what I tell myself when I read about how uncut guys are way more sensitive and I start to get jealous.

I don't really care about cut or uncut, as long as it's there. This reminds me o an episode of south park when Kyle's parents are going to have his brother circumsized, and Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny think that means they're going to cut his penis off. But Kyle is Jewish, so it's assumed that he is circumsized and that so are his father and his brother. But again, cut or uncut, both are beautiful.

I don't really care about cut or uncut, as long as it's there. This reminds me o an episode of south park when Kyle's parents are going to have his brother circumsized, and Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny think that means they're going to cut his penis off. But Kyle is Jewish, so it's assumed that he is circumsized and that so are his father and his brother. But again, cut or uncut, both are beautiful.

You missed the best part of that episode, the part where they tell the kids that by circumsizing Ike it will make his penis look bigger. Suddenly, everyone wants one. Size Queens.

Despite straight men's aversion to coordination in fashion and interiors, they do like some things to 'match'. Fathers have a weird macho thing that their sons have to emulate them in 'that way'. At least, is why the custom continues here in future generations, but where it started, I can't be sure. Most do say it's for hygiene, but hasn't laziness in the US reached fever pitch when you're cutting off body parts to avoid cleaning?

Despite straight men's aversion to coordination in fashion and interiors, they do like some things to 'match'. Fathers have a weird macho thing that their sons have to emulate them in 'that way'. At least, is why the custom continues here in future generations, but where it started, I can't be sure. Most do say it's for hygiene, but hasn't laziness in the US reached fever pitch when you're cutting off body parts to avoid cleaning?

Dude! that's like the funniest thing I've heard all night, and I've had a pretty "laughy" night!

A (male) friend of mine just sent me this:

Two little boys are in a hospital lying on stretchers next to each other outside the operating room.

The first kid leans over and asks, "What are you in here for?"

The second kid says, "I'm in here to get my tonsils out, and I'm a little nervous."

The first kid says, "You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a breeze."

The second kid then asks, "What are you here for?"

The first kid says, "A circumcision."

And the second kid says, "Whoa, good luck buddy. I had that done when I was born. Couldn't walk for a year."

Also an excellent joke! :-)

As far as my personal opinion on it goes, I really don't care. I, like virtually everyone else in my area, am circumcized. I think there was only one guy in my whole high school who wasn't, and I didn't even "see for myself", it's was just "so unusual" that EVERYONE found out. Also a girl I work with recently started dating a guy who isn't, and one day, after a little giggling, she came right out and asked me "what do I do with it?". So I guess based on those two instances it's just as well that I am. I mean since I don't really care either way, it's just as well that I "fit in". But I do think it's sad how shocked people are to see one "as nature intended".

Speaking for myself though, and I know it'll sound odd, but I'm not really that interested in what's between a guy's legs. Oh I'll look, and it can be sexy, but it's just not one of my top 5 areas of interest. I notice stuff from the neck up first. Hair, eyes, smile, general facial features. I'd say about 55% of my interest in a guy is what he's got from the neck up. About 15% for his chest and stomach, another 15% for his Butt. 5% for arms. 5% for legs. And then the final 5% for EVERYTHING else, including penis.