Blogs For Children

My son, who is 10 really really wants to blog.

I have spent the best part of the afternoon trying to find a place he can blog.

I keep finding sites that are either incredibly complicated to use, or seem to be aimed at adults, or cost a load of money.

Does anyone have any recommendations about somewhere he can blog happily and easily. He's not stupid when it comes to the internet but his mother is.

My daughter is 12 and we don't let her blog. She is on facebook and I've checked all of her security settings. I also have her password and have deleted anything that I felt needed to be removed.

I don't know of any bloggs for kids. sorry!

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone.

Check out Death Knight's blog on Blogger.com He hasn't written one yet but watch that space :)

Just for information livejournal now has an over 13 policy

I did some research and found a site that is child appropriate for blogging. It's www.kidswirl.com, which is basically a social networking site for children. It keeps parents in touch with what their kids do there, so that's a plus. My other advice is to maybe set up a blog with your son and watch closely what he does. Despite age filters on sites like livejournal, it's very easy to gain access to 18+ content when not logged in with the press of a button. Posted Image

we tried kidswirl but to be perfectly honest it was so complicated not even I could work it out and we couldn't work out how to blog. Never mind, he's happy now.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions