Praise for Small Steps

• Site Administrator

Well said Eon!! I'm part of the generation that has begun to benefit from the more openminded views yet am still old enough to remember the stereotypical views of things like AIDS before Ryan White and the definition of hate crime before Matthew Shepard. I've never really worried about being bi but even I haven't told people like my very redneck father and I'm almost 30.

Finding GA and the fact I'm accepted even though I'm a woman who likes to read and write m/m fiction is definitely something I am grateful for. I try to pass it along and remind my kids that it's okay to be your own person no matter what and to accept others differences without prejudice. If one or both of them were to end up bi or gay I'd want them to find a site like this (or this one) when they are older and people like those I've found here to help them realize that we are all just people.

Wow! really well said Eon. :):2thumbs:

This place is really really nice. :) we dont have to belong to any particular group to 'belong' here! And honestly that's what i like best about this place. :great:

people to talk to, people who'd talk to you. people to ask for help from and sometimes, people to help when they need it! :D

the sense of family is so so strong here. I've never seen any other community which is so close knit! (and honestly, i've stopped looking... I have a family now! i belong here! ^_^ ) :wub:

Not even commenting on the reading material, mostly because i agree to what you've said to a 100% so... doesnt make sense repeating it! :D

:hug: thank you for pointing it out! :D again!

• Like 1

the sense of family is so so strong here. I've never seen any other community which is so close knit! (and honestly, i've stopped looking... I have a family now! i belong here! ^_^ ) :wub:

That is very true. I've met a ton of amazing people on here who I've learned a so much from. People really trust each other here, which is evident about how much personal things some people you are close with on this site share with you. I truly love GA! :)

Same here, for the short time I've been a member of GA, it sort of feels like becoming part of a family.

In my part of the world, It's still uncommon to meet other gay people . So to be able to share thoughts and ideas with like minded people here aswell as find well written stories, is a blessing!