Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 80: Penultimate Pieces

BTW, for our Australian friends, there's a documentary called, 'The Dolphins of Shark Bay', being shown on ABC TV (Australian Broadcasting Commission) this coming Sunday at 7:30 pm -Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Many thanks to the person who PM'd me with the info. (I won't name them as they haven't said it's okay to, and as it was a PM it has to be their choice, but I do want to say THANKS!!).

CJ :)

• Site Administrator

Wow, what a great chapter. The wait made it even better IMHO. Thanks CJ :2thumbs:

So before everyone jumps on board with Shane giving conflicting messages, remember CJ has stated that characters can lie, the narrator can't. So even though Shane said he is not gay, he could be lying.

Actually, I think Shane's mate was more than a mate. Shane just probably doesn't want to reveal his sexuality to Trevor because he has fallen for him hard, in more ways than one 0:) The problem being, just like his mate, Trevor is going to be leaving in Shane's mind. Considering what we know Shane has been through, is it unreasonable to believe that Shane doesn't want to love someone because he always loses the people he does love?

As far as the search for the Ares, I will chuckle when Trevor learns he has been chartering it for the past week. I figure if Nate is great as he is made out to be, he could turn a Lagoon 55 into a 56. Maybe planning the same for Atlantis. Since he has to redo the hulls of Atlantis, I imagine the light bulb will go off in Trevor's head when Nate proposes making Atlantis into the more updated 56.

That is my theory and I'm sticking to it :P Which would mean Mrs. Blake could well be Rachael.

Or they at least bought Ares from her.

I imagine the customs agents are about to get a call from a supervisor they have never heard of from down in Perth. Sneaky Klein.

Just saying.....:P

Thanks for the chapter CJ :hug:

I say Trevor should just risk it ... or say he needs sexual relief ... Shane will take up the offer for few quid.

Hey it sound like if the bad guys spook trevor ... he'll head back home and skip his relatives ... he might be in time to save dirk and jim

if they gets in trouble ... hey wouldn't it be great if the four of the left aussie together ... that be interesting to escape gonzales

the reporter might spook trevor ... but then trevor would miss find his relatives and have to depend on dirk to speak the truth

I imagine the customs agents are about to get a call from a supervisor they have never heard of from down in Perth.

I don’t think so. In the US, lying to a US Law Enforcement Officer is an offense. (Maybe someone can tell me if it is the same “down under.) Both officers, Greg Fowler and Craig Grundig, have demonstrated they are in a protective mode concerning Trevor. I have no recollection of Trevor informing either of them, or Ned, he has relatives in Australia. Agreed, Martin Blake who was told by Trevor might have informed them.

Anyway, along comes Sneaky Kline. His associate has already told him most of the information he has gathered is from internal service rumors. (AKA Gossip) So Klein telephones either of the officers, falsely identifies himself as a supervisor that neither of them knows and starts asking questions. I doubt that would work. If he approaches them and identifies himself as a law enforcement officer, he would wind up wearing handcuffs. If he identifies himself as a reporter, they will most likely tell him to “Go get Stuffed.” Politely of course.

No, I think Kline may approach the officers and use the information he has gathered, to imply he is related to Trevor. I believe he will insert the name Smith to help establish his bona fides.

If Kline decides to use the approach I just outlined, it might be the answer to one of Trevor’s problems. Kline and Co. appear to be the only members of Fourth Estate, who are aware there really is a story.

I look forward to reading about the encounter. That is if Shane’s plagiarist decides to include the incident in his version of, “Trevor’s Travels & Troubles.” Maybe Shane will use the title “Trevor’s Tribulations,” for his incomplete opus.

Edited by MartyS

B)................ You may be on to something Steve; “Sounds to me like your nightmares are a sort of panic attack, or they bring them on. Don’t worry, you don’t need to face them alone anymore,” Shane said, And of course that means he will have to start sleeping with Trevor . 0:)

Shane gave Trevor a bashful look, his cheeks coloring. “We’ll leave on Sunday’s daylight high tide. Sorry Trev, I guess I sorta lost count of the days and didn’t realize.” Shane does seem to be distracted a lot lately, tables turn?

‘I wish I could tell you all of it, Trev, but you’re probably leaving too...’ Shane thought, feeling very much alone as his mind wandered off towards sleep. Yep, Shane is definitely keeping secrets.

...... moving his right hand slightly, extending his fingertips slowly on Trevor’s pec, and then stopping abruptly, mumbling in a sour tone, “Until you go, at any rate.”

Shane took his time applying Trevor's sunscreen...

he realized that he had an opportunity to tease Shane for being forgetful. Trevor began to turn, saying, “You’d probably forget your head if it weren't attached..."

Speedos don’t hide much, and Trevor noticed instantly that Shane was hard.....

. ‘But it’s different with Shane and me. If I do it, he’d know it’s due to me being turned on by him. He’s as accepting as hell, but no straight guy would be that accepting. Even Joel would probably freak out over that,’ Trevor thought. Yep, that's what I thought too, no str8 guy would be that accepting.

Shane gave Trevor a faint smile, their eyes were still locked, their hands still joined.

How are they going to keep playing this game with 3 extra days together and alone? Great chapter CJ, too many hints about Shane to beleive he is straight.

Edited by Benji

Wow, what a great chapter. The wait made it even better IMHO. Thanks CJ :2thumbs:

So before everyone jumps on board with Shane giving conflicting messages, remember CJ has stated that characters can lie, the narrator can't. So even though Shane said he is not gay, he could be lying.

Actually, I think Shane's mate was more than a mate. Shane just probably doesn't want to reveal his sexuality to Trevor because he has fallen for him hard, in more ways than one 0:) The problem being, just like his mate, Trevor is going to be leaving in Shane's mind. Considering what we know Shane has been through, is it unreasonable to believe that Shane doesn't want to love someone because he always loses the people he does love?

As far as the search for the Ares, I will chuckle when Trevor learns he has been chartering it for the past week. I figure if Nate is great as he is made out to be, he could turn a Lagoon 55 into a 56. Maybe planning the same for Atlantis. Since he has to redo the hulls of Atlantis, I imagine the light bulb will go off in Trevor's head when Nate proposes making Atlantis into the more updated 56.

That is my theory and I'm sticking to it :P Which would mean Mrs. Blake could well be Rachael.

Or they at least bought Ares from her.

I imagine the customs agents are about to get a call from a supervisor they have never heard of from down in Perth. Sneaky Klein.

Just saying.....:P

Thanks for the chapter CJ :hug:

Kline is a sneaky and unscrupulous type. :)

Indeed, characters can lie or be mistaken. The narrator can't. Well, if the narrator is, as in the case of days of the week seen around thanksgiving, the dolt has to fix it... but other than honest errors that must be corrected, the narrator cannot lie.

There are cases where I fudge things a bit. I can and do check tide times for the story, though that's often hard. (when historic data is unavailable, I check moon rise and set times, and compare it to current tide times vs. moon rise and set times, which gies me an approximation). I check weather when possible, though that's often not possible. Trevor's crossing of the Indian Ocean, for example, was easier; it used real weather data, storms and all. Finding weather data for other times and places was harder. The distant lightning seen in Carnervon when Shane showed up, for example, was an extrapolation; T-storms in the inland mountains were possible based on temp and humidity, but there was no way I could discern if a distant t-storm occurred.

I say Trevor should just risk it ... or say he needs sexual relief ... Shane will take up the offer for few quid.

Hey it sound like if the bad guys spook trevor ... he'll head back home and skip his relatives ... he might be in time to save dirk and jim

if they gets in trouble ... hey wouldn't it be great if the four of the left aussie together ... that be interesting to escape gonzales

the reporter might spook trevor ... but then trevor would miss find his relatives and have to depend on dirk to speak the truth

Trevor is indeed at risk of missing his relatives... and he needs info from Dirk. :)

Steve, while I agree with most of what you say, there is at least one thing I don't agree with, Kookabury is a Lagoon 57.

LoL...I'm not the only one who misspells Kookaburra. :P

One of these days, I shall learn to use names that I can spell... though that ain't many. :)

I don’t think so. In the US, lying to a US Law Enforcement Officer is an offense. (Maybe someone can tell me if it is the same “down under.) Both officers, Greg Fowler and Craig Grundig, have demonstrated they are in a protective mode concerning Trevor. I have no recollection of Trevor informing either of them, or Ned, he has relatives in Australia. Agreed, Martin Blake who was told by Trevor might have informed them.

Anyway, along comes Sneaky Kline. His associate has already told him most of the information he has gathered is from internal service rumors. (AKA Gossip) So Klein telephones either of the officers, falsely identifies himself as a supervisor that neither of them knows and starts asking questions. I doubt that would work. If he approaches them and identifies himself as a law enforcement officer, he would wind up wearing handcuffs. If he identifies himself as a reporter, they will most likely tell him to “Go get Stuffed.” Politely of course.

No, I think Kline may approach the officers and use the information he has gathered, to imply he is related to Trevor. I believe he will insert the name Smith to help establish his bona fides.

If Kline decides to use the approach I just outlined, it might be the answer to one of Trevor’s problems. Kline and Co. appear to be the only members of Fourth Estate, who are aware there really is a story.

I look forward to reading about the encounter. That is if Shane’s plagiarist decides to include the incident in his version of, “Trevor’s Travels & Troubles.” Maybe Shane will use the title “Trevor’s Tribulations,” for his incomplete opus.

I can confirm that impersonating a law enforcement officer is an offense in Australia. It can be a very serious one, too. That doesn't mean that Kline wouldn't do it, though. :)

I can say that whatever Kline has planned will be seen. :P

B)................ You may be on to something Steve; “Sounds to me like your nightmares are a sort of panic attack, or they bring them on. Don’t worry, you don’t need to face them alone anymore,” Shane said, And of course that means he will have to start sleeping with Trevor . 0:)

Shane gave Trevor a bashful look, his cheeks coloring. “We’ll leave on Sunday’s daylight high tide. Sorry Trev, I guess I sorta lost count of the days and didn’t realize.” Shane does seem to be distracted a lot lately, tables turn?

‘I wish I could tell you all of it, Trev, but you’re probably leaving too...’ Shane thought, feeling very much alone as his mind wandered off towards sleep. Yep, Shane is definitely keeping secrets.

...... moving his right hand slightly, extending his fingertips slowly on Trevor’s pec, and then stopping abruptly, mumbling in a sour tone, “Until you go, at any rate.”

Shane took his time applying Trevor's sunscreen...

he realized that he had an opportunity to tease Shane for being forgetful. Trevor began to turn, saying, “You’d probably forget your head if it weren't attached..."

Speedos don’t hide much, and Trevor noticed instantly that Shane was hard.....

. ‘But it’s different with Shane and me. If I do it, he’d know it’s due to me being turned on by him. He’s as accepting as hell, but no straight guy would be that accepting. Even Joel would probably freak out over that,’ Trevor thought. Yep, that's what I thought too, no str8 guy would be that accepting.

Shane gave Trevor a faint smile, their eyes were still locked, their hands still joined.

How are they going to keep playing this game with 3 extra days together and alone? Great chapter CJ, too many hints about Shane to beleive he is straight.

Hrmmm, that "forgetting your head if it wasn't attached" could be a tad ominous, when seen against Sanchez's desire for Trevor's literal head, and that presently, the person aboard (due to Trevor having a dye job) who most closely matches Trevor's description is Shane. (Shane is blond). And hrmmm, didn't Lisa make a comment about ripping Shane's head off a few chapters back?

And remember, if you call that a cliffhanger, you're accusing Shane, not me, based on your theory that Shane wrote the story. :P

Great chapter CJ... And ya - totally changing my vote after this chapter.

Thanks!! :)

Before I forget, the title of the next chapter is "Ultimate designs". :)

Trebs, on 21 June 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

Great chapter CJ... And ya - totally changing my vote after this chapter.

Thanks!!

Before I forget, the title of the next chapter is "Ultimate designs".

CJ

You said, "Thanks"

Was that responding to his acknowledgement you had written a "Great Chapter?"

or

Were you referring to his changing his vote?

The latter might well be considered Electioneering, in the immediate vicinity of an "Official Voting Site.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..