Tennis shoes or Flip Flops....Random and totally stupid

Naptowngirl

I know this is so random and crazy, but the other day I was grocery shopping, wearing my Old Navy flip flops..lol and just happend to look down at a pair feet coming toward me and low and behold he was wearing flip flops and so was the perison passing him. So me and my eight year old son started taking a tally on how many men, women and children were wearing flop flops aside from us....yes he was wearing flip flpos too....lol

the number was stargging...the majority were wearing either flip flops or tennis shoes...lol As I mentioned I know it's crazy, but the next time you're out, check it out.... We love our flip flops...I've seen them range from one dollar (Old Navy) to I kid you not...80 dollars... man. Who ever invented flip flops is making a mint. :D

I either wear Tevas sandals (better for hiking than flip flops) or athletic shoes when I'm not working. My athletic shoes of choice are runners or skateboard shoes. For serious hiking, I break out the Asolos.

• Like 1

I live in my tennis shoes, so when I'm home I prefer to go barefoot. Running out to the store or something if its quick birkenstock good for slip ons or its back in the tennies!:lol:

• Like 1

My kids and I just ran to Dairy Queen and when were walking back I looked down and we all had on flip flops.....lol

I either wear Tevas sandals (better for hiking than flip flops) or athletic shoes when I'm not working. My athletic shoes of choice are runners or skateboard shoes. For serious hiking, I break out the Asolos.

I've seen those and they are really neat...I want to get my son a pair for school.

I live in my tennis shoes, so when I'm home I prefer to go barefoot. Running out to the store or something if its quick birkenstock good for slip ons or its back in the tennies!:lol:

My 14yr old daughter is a tennis shoe freak...she spends hundreds of dollars of baby sitting money on Air Maxes...Nike and 24/7s what ever that is...lol We go barefoot in the house my front door is full of shoes...

I have a self-imposed rule that I follow. I wont wear socks between May and October....too uncomfortable. So it is flip flops or sandals for me. Of course always exceptions ot that rule, like going camping, then I need tennies.

I think generally, flip flops or sandals are seen far more often in beach towns and cities rather than urban landscapes such as Toronto or Chicago.

I think it's because of the crowdedness of some cities.

You don't want to get your bare feet trampled on etc...

Edited by thephoenix

i had to google what a flip flop was..... we call them thongs here

i live in my riding boots all year round but when im not working i prefer to wear either any pair of my converse or my skate shoes

but if i have to look nice then i put on a pair of ballet flats,

i only really wear thongs if im going to the beach or if im going to be near water

I usually always wear shoes, and its obvious. My legs are pretty tan and dark in color, and my feet as very white. Its quite possibly the worst farmer's tan in the world. I tend to get a lot of blisters if I do a lot of walking in flip-flops, so I stick to snug fitting shoes.

• Like 1

I don't even own a pair of flip flops, sandals, jandals, whatever. I once own a pair of teva's but the do chewed them and I didn't much wear em anyway.

At work I wear Allen Edmonds Dress shoes, still made in American and worth every penny they're so comfortable even wearing em all day in court.

Outside work I have three pair of shoes I wear, a pair of Merrill Low Cut trail shoes, extremely comfy for long days walking, lotsa support and feel good. Or my Adidas Samba's been wearing them for 20 odd years now and go through a pair every year or two. And my white - well whitish Chuck Taylors - I remember wearing them as a kid so I bought me some and almost feel 12 again walking around in them. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tennis shoes and Sperrys....and boots. Not many ppl do flip flops, at least not as I see them

Gotta love a god pair of Sperrys! :D

I usually don't wear flip flops much. I mostly ware my pair of Rockport casual shoes, which I absolutely love. Or my Nikes', which are mostly used for exercise or lounging wear. Oh yeah, and I wear my boat shoes a lot too! Worth all $110 I paid for them.

Edited by TetRefine

I usually always wear shoes, and its obvious. My legs are pretty tan and dark in color, and my feet as very white. Its quite possibly the worst farmer's tan in the world. I tend to get a lot of blisters if I do a lot of walking in flip-flops, so I stick to snug fitting shoes.

You oughtta see the stripes a pair of Tevas leave behind.

• Like 1

Or my Nikes', which are mostly used for exercise or lounging wear.

Drop dem Nikes off yo ass b'fore I blast you muthafuka!!

--

If you're wondering where that's from.

Here

I wear flip flops all summer long.. when my feet start freezing in the fall is when I change.. lol. It's just easier to put them by the front door and slip them on to go out into the summer air... and for work I have to wear white plain jane tennis shoes when I'm seeing patients. Now that I've been promoted to Partner and am no longer seeing patients, I've been wearing feet killing dress shoes.. it makes me want to wear flip flops more.. :P

Around here everyone wears flip flops in the summer... which is surprising since I live in Kentucky.. lol.

I am not a fan of sandals. The only time I ever wear them, is if I'm going to the beach, or I need to spend a lot of time in sand. Beyond that, closed toe shoes all the way, usually a pair of Nike SB's or some other skate shoe (Lakai, Emerica, etc)

• 2 weeks later...

"flipflops" (or 'thongs', for my fellow Aussies) are kind of just about our national shoe. Everyone wears them. Everywhere.

My sister broke them out when she was in Sweden on exchange just as soon as it got warm enough that her toes wouldn't freeze. Everyone kept asking her where her shoes were.

• 7 months later...