Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 90: Turning up the Heat

"Turning up the Heat" is up. :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have weighed in on recent issues and threads. :)

And, now is a good time to announce a correction to the prior chapter; Basingstoke's call sign has been changed from four zulu uniform to delta zulu uniform. This is due to an error on my part; that call sign is, as is normal for general aviation, the last three digits of his tail number. However, Australia, unlike America, does not use numerics in their tail numbers, just letters, so the "four" was wrong, hence the fix. (thanks to Low Flyer for the help on this one!) :)

CJ :)

"Turning up the Heat" is up. :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have weighed in on recent issues and threads. :)

And, now is a good time to announce a correction to the prior chapter; Basingstoke's call sign has been changed from four zulu uniform to delta zulu uniform. This is due to an error on my part; that call sign is, as is normal for general aviation, the last three digits of his tail number. However, Australia, unlike America, does not use numerics in their tail numbers, just letters, so the "four" was wrong, hence the fix. (thanks to Low Flyer for the help on this one!) :)

Great chapter, CHJ, including the skillfully, embedded and concealed CLIFFHANGER.

What cliffhanger you will no doubt proclaim loudly?

At this point if all goes as planned, Trevor will have disappeared aboard the Kookaburra, cruising south. Kline will be basking in contentment having gotten his exclusive. Basingstoke will be nosing around Carnarvon, trying to fulfill his contract. .

Well now, the Hitman will not find Trevor in Carnarvon. Any snooping will lead him nowhere. I believe that he will learn about the newspaper story. I would speculate Basingstoke, after reading the story, will come to the conclusion, Kline knows a lot more than was published. I sincerely doubt, if the Hitman attempts to casually get the information from the reporter, Kline will give him anything.

It s not too hard to speculate, Basingstoke will want a lot more than Kline will be inclined to share. I doubt the Hitman will try to get the hidden facts, by getting Kline drunk. What comes to my mind is an interrogation with the reporter strapped to a chair, being encouraged to reveal everything.

How much does Kline know? All one needs to do is reread Chapters eighty-nine and ninety closely. It will lead Basingstoke to Ned Kelly and Greg Fowler. I doubt the Hitman will initially move against Greg, but Ned is a wide-open target.

If my musings are correct, Sanchez’s recent party will seem like Sunday School get-together, compared to the carnage that could descend on Western Australia.

Methinks, interesting times await us in the upcoming chapters.

Edited by MartyS
  • Like 1

"Kline took a last look back at Star Child, and then said ... prior to my arrest, I was staking out Ned’s boatyard from across the Fascine. I saw her there, for several days. What I didn’t see was Trevor, and he said he’s been on her for a while. I’m sure that if I checked, I’d find no record of a sale of Star Child. Don’t worry, I’ll keep that totally to myself, it’s of no use to me, I’m only bringing it up to let you know I’ll keep my bargain."

No he won't - not when he's screaming for his life, strapped helplessly to a rusty old bed frame, as Basingstoke gently pushes sharp pointy things up his fingernails (or worse) :o

"... a roaring blast of nitrogen, carrying powdered monoammonium phosphate, hit Trevor at full force from an arm’s length away. Trevor instinctively turned away as the choking white cloud engulfed him, but Ned, stunned by Trevor’s sudden appearance, kept his finger on the trigger for over a second."

More of The Goat's cruelty to his characters (see previous threads where he denied this with barefaced lies :angry: ) Edited by Zombie

B).............. I don't think Basingstoke will seek information from Nate or Fowler, but under the guise as a security consultant, he may well be able to snoop around a bit. Will he recognize the Star Child from the mornings paper? He knows that the Kline spoke face to face with Trevor and will most definitely want to talk to him. Doesn't bode well for our freelance reporter :blink:. I wonder what the other 'big story' Fowler baited Kline with? Nate is something else, as funny as that scene was, I was surprised how calm Trevor remained.

Great Chapter goat!

Benji

Great chapter, CHJ, including the skillfully, embedded and concealed CLIFFHANGER.

What cliffhanger you will no doubt proclaim loudly?

At this point if all goes as planned, Trevor will have disappeared aboard the Kookaburra, cruising south. Kline will be basking in contentment having gotten his exclusive. Basingstoke will be nosing around Carnarvon, trying to fulfill his contract. .

Well now, the Hitman will not find Trevor in Carnarvon. Any snooping will lead him nowhere. I believe that he will learn about the newspaper story. I would speculate Basingstoke, after reading the story, will come to the conclusion, Kline knows a lot more than was published. I sincerely doubt, if the Hitman attempts to casually get the information from the reporter, Kline will give him anything.

It s not too hard to speculate, Basingstoke will want a lot more than Kline will be inclined to share. I doubt the Hitman will try to get the hidden facts, by getting Kline drunk. What comes to my mind is an interrogation with the reporter strapped to a chair, being encouraged to reveal everything.

How much does Kline know? All one needs to do is reread Chapters eighty-nine and ninety closely. It will lead Basingstoke to Ned Kelly and Greg Fowler. I doubt the Hitman will initially move against Greg, but Ned is a wide-open target.

If my musings are correct, Sanchez’s recent party will seem like Sunday School get-together, compared to the carnage that could descend on Western Australia.

Methinks, interesting times await us in the upcoming chapters.

But that's not a cliffhanger! We really don't know what Basingstoke will do to find Trevor. And besides, we don't even know that Basingstoke has evil intent; he might just want to help Trevor complete his circumnavigation, piecemeal.

So, no worries... :)

More of The Goat's cruelty to his characters (see previous threads where he denied this with barefaced lies :angry: )

Hey now! It was clearly Ned, not me, who blasted Trevor with a fire extinguisher! And even that was accidental; he was aiming for Shane. So, blame Ned, not me!!!

I'm innocent. 0:)

B).............. I don't think Basingstoke will seek information from Nate or Fowler, but under the guise as a security consultant, he may well be able to snoop around a bit. Will he recognize the Star Child from the mornings paper? He knows that the Kline spoke face to face with Trevor and will most definitely want to talk to him. Doesn't bode well for our freelance reporter :blink:. I wonder what the other 'big story' Fowler baited Kline with? Nate is something else, as funny as that scene was, I was surprised how calm Trevor remained.

Great Chapter goat!

Benji

There are as many ways to know of many things, as there are of things of which to know. ;)

Well, hrmmm, maybe Trevor will start looking for another haircut, and Basingstoke will pose as a barber, just be helpful. I'm sure he'd be delighted to give Trevor a few inches off the top. :)

• Site Administrator

Thanks for the chapter CJ :great:

Two paragraphs have me stumped. I think they are major clues left to us by the goat.

Fowler hesitated, and then said quietly, “One more thing. I would prefer it if the fact that Atlantis is in a boatyard here isn’t glossed over. I want that word to get out. Help me on that, and if some plans come together there might be another very big story soon, and you’ll have the exclusive.”

Kline arched a brow, wanting to ask questions, but Fowler’s expression left him with no doubt that no answers would be forthcoming. “Thanks, will do, and if I can be of any further help, just call me.”

What is Fowler got planned? Is he trying to attract someone? Is he hoping his mother's family hear about it? There is soo many possibilities. What do you think?

• Like 1

Two paragraphs have me stumped. I think they are major clues left to us by the goat.

What is Fowler got planned? Is he trying to attract someone? Is he hoping his mother's family hear about it? There is soo many possibilities. What do you think?

B).................. Indeed, will Fowler tell the story of Rachel? l, this leads more credence that Mrs' Fowler is indeed Rachel and not Mrs. Blake. That is the only big story I can think of that Fowler possesses. And what a story it must be!!

B).................. Indeed, will Fowler tell the story of Rachel? l, this leads more credence that Mrs' Fowler is indeed Rachel and not Mrs. Blake. That is the only big story I can think of that Fowler possesses. And what a story it must be!!

Sorry Benji, I disagree. I just posted something for you in Brain Storming. I have been working on it for a while

Marty

Hi Benji,

Go back and read Chapters 59 and 60. Pay special attention to the Narrators comments about how Fowler is suspicious of Trevor. Also his checking by Google.

Read Chapter 68. Who delivered the Key Lime Pie to the Customs Office. Would Rachel take a chance of running into Trevor,

Then go back and read the conversaion between Fowler and his wife in Chapter 88

Marty

Hi Benji

Trevor said has always liked the name Shelly. Why? Maybe he heard it when he was a very little boy. Maybe he received presents from his mother’s best friend named, Shelly or being polite, Aunt Shelly

Just speculating

Marty

Hi Benji

Trevor said has always liked the name Shelly. Why? Maybe he heard it when he was a very little boy. Maybe he received presents from his mother’s best friend named, Shelly or being polite, Aunt Shelly

Yep, best friend or sister, just saying!!! 0:)

Just speculating

Marty

Hi Benji,

Go back and read Chapters 59 and 60. Pay special attention to the Narrators comments about how Fowler is suspicious of Trevor. Also his checking by Google.

Read Chapter 68. Who delivered the Key Lime Pie to the Customs Office. Would Rachel take a chance of running into Trevor,

Marty

I've been thinking that Rachel delivered the Key Lime Pie because she thought she might get a peek at Trevor. That's independent of whether she's a relative or is just curious.

Colin B)

• Site Administrator

Personally I think the whole key lime pie is a misleading trail that the goat planted. It was way too obvious.

I mean we like key lime pies up here and they sell like crazy and we can't even grow limes :wacko:

Tell you what, I will bet my silence for a week that the key lime pie has nothing to do with Trevor's mother :P

Back to my question on the two paragraphs, I'm hoping ( yes hoping) that Fowler wants it well known that Atlantis is in Ned's (yes Benji, Ned, not Nate or Nat :P ) boatyard. I wouldn't be surprised to see Basingstoke come snooping and hopefully fall into a well laid trap.

Edited by wildone

Personally I think the whole key lime pie is a misleading trail that the goat planted. It was way too obvious.

I agree with you on this

Tell you what, I will bet my silence for a week that the key lime pie has nothing to do with Trevor's mother :P

Well now, If Mrs Blake is Rachel,and Shelley Foster is a long time friend of Rachel, would that count?

Back to my question on the two paragraphs, I'm hoping ( yes hoping) that Fowler wants it well known that Atlantis is in Ned's I wouldn't be surprised to see Basingstoke come snooping and hopefully fall into a well laid trap.

Why would Officer Fowler be setting a trap for Basingstoke

I think the misleading goat has left a trail of hints here.

I mean we like key lime pies up here and they sell like crazy and we can't even grow limes :wacko:

Again, why bring them up if they are not part of the story.

You be silent for a week!!!!! (waits for that sooooon)

Back to my question on the two paragraphs, I'm hoping ( yes hoping) that Fowler wants it well known that Atlantis is in Ned's (yes Benji, Ned, not Nate or Nat :P ) boatyard. I wouldn't be surprised to see Basingstoke come snooping and hopefully fall into a well laid trap.T

That would be interesting to see happen however Basingstoke is to clever or smart to fall for such a trap. A more believable scenario of Basingstoke's demise would be pilot failure/ or mishap into the drink meeting the great crocs. in the the northern Australia. Just as the goat alluded to the demise of the pirate captains death. He forecast the demise of Basingsoke.

My thoughts!! B)

I think I've got a pretty good idea what he's up to. 0:)

We should see the answer in the next chapter, Getting Warmer, to what he's up to... assuming I'm right. 0:)

I can name one thing he possesses; the firsthand account of intercepting Atlantis off Carnarvon, after Trevor had run the gauntlet between Dorre and Bernier islands. :)

Hi Benji,

Marty

Hrmmm.. maybe I just like key lime pie? 0:)

I've been thinking that Rachel delivered the Key Lime Pie because she thought she might get a peek at Trevor. That's independent of whether she's a relative or is just curious.

Colin B)

Fowler certainly isn't objecting; when she makes a pie for Trevor, he gets some too. :)

Back to my question on the two paragraphs, I'm hoping ( yes hoping) that Fowler wants it well known that Atlantis is in Ned's (yes Benji, Ned, not Nate or Nat :P ) boatyard. I wouldn't be surprised to see Basingstoke come snooping and hopefully fall into a well laid trap.

It wouldn't be fair to the readers to plant a misleading trail unless there was an alternative explanation for it. I'm not saying I didn't, but... if I did, there's also a reason that explains it at some point in the story. :)

I can name one thing he possesses; the firsthand account of intercepting Atlantis off Carnarvon, after Trevor had run the gauntlet between Dorre and Bernier islands. :)

B)....... Bullshit, he has already given that story out, or rather Trevor has so nothing there new or 'big story' there

:)

I think I've got a pretty good idea what he's up to. 0:)

We should see the answer in the next chapter, Getting Warmer, to what he's up to... assuming I'm right. 0:)

Hrmmm.. maybe I just like key lime pie? 0:)

Fowler certainly isn't objecting; when she makes a pie for Trevor, he gets some too. :)

It wouldn't be fair to the readers to plant a misleading trail unless there was an alternative explanation for it. I'm not saying I didn't, but... if I did, there's also a reason that explains it at some point in the story. :)

Fair?

The Goat Fair?

Fair?

Haa!!!!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..