There's nowt so queer as folk

Zombie

I was re-stacking the dishwasher and a friend said "why?"

Well, for me there's two ways to stack a dishwasher. The right way. And the wrong way.

And this one was stacked wrong - all wrong.

So everything had to come out and go back in again - the right way (*what's wrong with that? Posted Image *)

Which set me thinking. We all have our own ticks and foibles. These say things about us to others, things that may be quite different to how we see ourselves. So for me, dishwasher "management" is normal, for others it's OCD Posted Image

A few years ago at someone's house, I opened his kitchen cupboard and nearly had a heart attack. He must have liked baked beans, and evidently bought them in bulk because they were all neatly stacked, with their labels all pointing the same way Posted Image

I've never had such a fright. Baked Beanz Man probably thought this was just "tidy guy". Neat and organized. For me it said "serial killer".

So what do you, or your family or friends, do that's just a little bit weird? C'mon, 'fess up ...

I'm with you on the dishwasher. My wife hasn't a clue. She's content for me to do that job (fair enough since she does most of the cooking), so there's no argument about the right way.

Organized pantry? Nah. Life's too short. No OCD here.

Lol, I understand about the dishwasher. I do have a little OCD.

For instance I can't settle at night unless I've made sure the front door is locked. When I go out, my keys have to be in my left hand pocket. When in the shower I always follow the same routine !

When I go out, my keys have to be in my left hand pocket. When in the shower I always follow the same routine !

Ah yes, keys. Good one - gotta have a strict routine for those otherwise they just vanish into another dimension. Same with locking the front door - I've got a little mantra I say, so when I'm driving off I remember I said the mantra and therefore I know the pesky door's safely locked :)

Lol, I understand about the dishwasher. I do have a little OCD.

For instance I can't settle at night unless I've made sure the front door is locked. When I go out, my keys have to be in my left hand pocket. When in the shower I always follow the same routine !

That's not OCD...just good security and personal hygiene.

That's not OCD...just good security and personal hygiene.

Mike, it's definatley OCD. It's not that I check the door before bed, I have to check it every time I pass it. And with the shower, if I do things out of order I have to start again.

See, I don't think I do anything weird. It's everyone else who's the weird ones, lol. But I guess if I had to pick something that might seem "weird" to the unenlightened it's the way things taste different depending on how they're packaged. Like, I love eating uncooked Stove Top stuffing but only in the short, round cardboard containers. In boxes or the tall cardboard containers it tastes totally different. Animal crackers only taste good if they're in the small rectangular boxes but only the original red, blue and yellow ones. They taste wrong and flat in any other packaging. It used to drive my mom crazy "Hey honey, I bought that snack you love." "It's in the wrong box mom, I can't eat it." "ARRRRRGH!!!" lol. It's not my fault that no one else can taste the differences. Everyone but me is weird. *nods firmly*

• Like 1

I have so many of these said foibles. Cool word btw.

Nobody can make my coffee, even after Baz has watched me a thousand times. I cant let him make it.

Same with hanging washing out, if he does it, I have to go and do it my way.

I do the ironing too. So many things, I have to do that. It's my way or no way LOL :P

• Like 1

Nobody can make my coffee, even after Baz has watched me a thousand times. I cant let him make it.

I'm the exact opposite of that, snuggle who doesn't drink tea or coffee makes one of the best cups of coffee going :P

The thing I think weird about Stuby , is that he doesn't drink hot drinks, or fizzy pop, like wth? He has posh squash lol. I call it that because it has three flavours. Waking up and drinking squash? YUK :P

The thing I think weird about Stuby , is that he doesn't drink hot drinks, or fizzy pop, like wth? He has posh squash lol. I call it that because it has three flavours. Waking up and drinking squash? YUK :P

Snuggle is the same, he gets up in the morning and heads for the apple & blackcurrant, while I'm trying to inhale the coffee jar ;)

I always make my bed in the evening, just before going to sleep.

And whenever I've just entered my room I hold the door knob and pull it briefly eight times (while counting softly, but out loud), just to make sure it's closed xD

Coffee mugs in the cupboard: handles all point the same way. Also, placed upside down.

I do a lot of cabling work in my occupation. This is a roadie wrap. When done right, as the cute guy says, it will be the size of your head and won't knot up. Any cables in my cable bag that aren't "rw" will be redone. Also my toolbag is sacrosanct. If you work for me, and you go in my toolbag, I'll fire you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am extremly ocd. I've got the dishwasher fetish, the label fetish, the double locking doors, I can't sleep with any doors in the room open (including the closet), when I shower I was things in the same order every time... um I'm sure there is more....

The dishwasher! I really hate it when somebody mixes knives with forks and stuff. Everything has its place in there and I WILL empty the thing and repack it if things are not just right.

Hmm other than that, its probably the kitchen in general. It has to be organized perfectly (+ clean enough to do surgery in) and finding something out of place when I cook will set me off in a little fit of rage, hehe. Also I hate when people interfere with my cooking..sit down and shut up while im making food damnit! xD