Paris 2012 - 7-9th September

Hi Everyone!

In the other thread we agreed that the most appropriate dates for Paris would be the 7-9th September 2012. (If a moderator could pin this one and unpin the other one that would be amazing :P)

Hopefully this doesn't cause problems with many people :)

If we do it as with London. This was that people 'signed up' on this thread then PM'ed me their email and then i'd add them to a private facebook or google group (to be set up, i only just understood it last time :P) so we can organise details and share where we are staying etc. :)

See as many people there as possible :)

Lets hit Paris with a bang! :D They won't know whats hit them! Hehe!

I really should re learn some french...

I am in.

The only words I need to know in French are "l'escargots" and "les cuissons de grenouilles" - yummy .

Just need to make sure I don't get the beurre a l'ail all down me like usual Posted Image .

I am in.

The only words I need to know in French are "l'escargots" and "les cuissons de grenouilles" - yummy .

Just need to make sure I don't get the beurre a l'ail all down me like usual Posted Image .

NO! You wouldn't! Posted Image

Don't worry, MikeL, Andy has the words wrong, so no frogs for him! Besides, I'll make sure we go to acceptable and reputable places :P

Kidding aside, you find snails easily in Paris restaurants, but I've only seen frogs on the menu in specific countryside restaurants (but I think I've had this conversation with Andy in chat already ;))

• Like 1

Don't worry, MikeL, Andy has the words wrong, so no frogs for him! Besides, I'll make sure we go to acceptable and reputable places Posted Image

Kidding aside, you find snails easily in Paris restaurants, but I've only seen frogs on the menu in specific countryside restaurants (but I think I've had this conversation with Andy in chat already Posted Image)

I know about a place near St. Michel where they have them! ;)

I had snails yesterday...because I was with an Australian friend who was here on a visit. I seriously believe that more snails are eaten here by tourists than by the French.

• Like 1

I think that's probably true of any similar dish around the world - like with kangaroo in Australia and reindeer in Sweden - both of which are very yummy. I think it's to do with wanting to try something different.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread up: it had fallen to page 9 of the Lounge! :o

Jian and I will definitely be there. I seem to have some work commitment in the South of France that week, but I'll figure it out.

Give me a couple of weeks for work to calm down a bit and then I'll be looking at organising some nice activities.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Plans are being made by PMs right now. We'll probably be 5 or 6.

If you want to join us and haven't made your wishes clear yet, it's still time to do so. Contact me and I'll add you to the list.

• Site Administrator

Just saw your request Johnathan. I have pinned this topic and unpinned the other one.

Better late than never :D

• Like 1

I won't be attending this year since I'm visiting Nehylim in Wales instead in August. I wish I could do both meets!

Have the best time, guys! I'll be with you in spirit! :hug: Take lots of photos! :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You know, just decided that maybe I'll come... but I have a friend over who is leaving London on the 8th. Don't know if it's worth it to come on the 8th and then head back on the 9th. Then again... I could take longer and spend more time in my beautiful Paris!!!

Maybe i'll start looking up tickets just in cases.....

Edit:

Ok, so am actually kind of keen on this. Turns out my friend is leaving Heathrow at 11.30 am. I can get a flight out at 13.45 and get to Paris Charles de Gaulle at 16.05. I can bus or eurostar home cheaper later in the week.

OHHHH so tempting.... but i feel like i'm missing the point if I miss most of the weekend :(

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

Edited by Zolia Lily

It would be to see you there Lily if you can make it Posted Image

Andy, it would be... what?

Lily, I hope you can make it. You can join us for dinner on Sat. evening.

A few of us will also be doing stuff together on the Sunday, so there is more than just the Saturday. Also, Jian will be free on the Monday if you're still in Paris (I'll be at work).

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the meetup happened and was great. We went to the Louvre and the Latin Quarter on the Saturday, and to the Natural History Museum on Sunday. See the pic that proves it.

Thanks to all who made it. Those who couldn't were missed :(

I look forward to my fourth meetup next time. London again? ;)

Jian may have been the tallest at the meet. The only time we compared heights was in the primates section at the Natural history museum. I remember we were taller than chimps and shorter than gorillas :P