How do I create a blog?

Warrior1

Don't know if this is the right place, but how do I create a blog? There are so many things left unsaid, I think it's high time I create a blog and pour my thoughts into it. I tried searching the forum, but can't seem to find anything satisfactory. Please help.

Thanks.

Click on your name on top right corner. It'll give you a drop down menu. Click on Manage Blogs. It'll prompt you to give your blog a name (not the entry's title, but the entire blog's nickname, like "Warrior1's Blog" or something more creative. ;)) Follow the instruction. After that, click on that blog name, and Click on Add Entry button near top right corner, and start blogging. :)

Click on your name on top right corner. It'll give you a drop down menu. Click on Manage Blogs. It'll prompt you to give your blog a name (not the entry's title, but the entire blog's nickname, like "Warrior1's Blog" or something more creative. Posted Image) Follow the instruction. After that, click on that blog name, and Click on Add Entry button near top right corner, and start blogging. Posted Image

Unfortunately, I don't have the "Manage Blog" option. I have "Manage content", but that seems to be a different thing. Thanks anyway.

I guess you're too new to be creating blogs.... Just keep posting and hang around. :) There is also a forum called Administration Communication. Ask admins about it. :)

1) Be creative

2) have a plan

3) use it as an outlet

4) use it to connect with people that follow your writing

5) use it as a testbed for stories. Even if it doesn't generate a lot of comments, you'll get to see how many hits it gets.

6) use it to show you're still alive while on hiatus

7) use it to generate discussion or debate

8) use it to see the other side

9) use it for feedback

10) use it for fun

Unfortunately, I don't have the "Manage Blog" option. I have "Manage content", but that seems to be a different thing. Thanks anyway.

You're at least looking in the correct area. It's probable that you need to make more posts in the forums first. For example, before you can get into chat, you need 5 posts. Have you checked the FAQs? They're regularly updated. If you can't find what you need to help you there, that's something our admin folk need to know.

Good luck and welcome to GA! :)

Thanks everyone. Guess I need to increase my post a bit first...

Thanx I was also wondering about this question and it looks like i've found the answer. Although I'd like to make a blog on a blog site, how would I go about that?

Google Blogspot. Go from there, they gave the whole instruction there...

Have been looking in to this myself, recently. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard.... (fingers crossed!)

I'm kind of terrified of starting one and then having nothing to say, though. I mean, I talk enough in real life, but.... Hmm. Anyway.

I read some advice somewhere that pretty much said to have ago at writing pieces as often as you hope to produce them before even starting the blog - and making sure your expectations of yourself are realistic going into it... I've got to do that before I get to the creating part of it!

^ Take it in a relaxed way. There shouldn't be anything "terrifying" about creating and updating a blog. I mean, just pour your thoughts down into words and post them. It's not the same as making a perfect story - it's just your blog, your own personal space. : )

• Like 1

I don't know if you were refering to the blog function on this site, but for a stand alone blog, I really like WordPress.com. It is pretty easy to use. You can do a lot with their free options or you can get a custom domain name. I refer my less tech inclined friends there. :)

--Stephen