Closed:Chick-Fil-A Switcheroo?!

Um, there's already a thread on this but it's been moved to Soapbox

There must be something wrong with me, but Zombie, you are starting to sound "tempered" with the point of fact no-nonsense demeanor. :P

Zombie is right chick fill a is a political/religious/economic issue.

However, lets instead talk about their food compared to KFC or even crappy Publix. I've only had it once, but I am sticking with the colonel and his white meat Kentucky fried chicken.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1

It's soapbox material? Lordy. Even the uncontentious is soapbox material now. What's happened in there! Have they all got age or something? :P

However, lets instead talk about their food compared to KFC or even crappy Publix. I've only had it once, but I am sticking with the colonel and his white meat Kentucky fried chicken.

Indeedy :) Edited by NotNoNever
  • Site Administrator

ALL politics on the site belong in the Soapbox. That has always been the rule. There is a place for things, and that is the place for it. The 'contentious' rule is beside the point.

Well, we could talk about the stupid Chic-fil-a logo and how "un-fabulous" it is :D

Posted Image

That's gay and lounge material right!

Dubillyouell, that's very stereotyping of you! I think that's probably very contentious AND very political. Lordy, I think you might get your paws dipped in vinegar and sent to the soapbox with no puppy treats for that infraction of the code! :P

There must be something wrong with me, but Zombie, you are starting to sound "tempered" with the point of fact no-nonsense demeanor. Posted Image

Zombie is right chick fill a is a political/religious/economic issue.

Don't feel bad, I got 5 warning points and moved to soap box myself... < Beware of the Chick-fil-a is a tempered issue... (I don't hold an issue either way, none are near me... so I couldn't eat em even if I WANTED to, hehe...

/\ (Please don't give em 5 points.... I didn't realize or know it either...)

Posted Image although I do disagree with the system... If it's politics... shouldn't it have something to do with "The activities associated with the governance of a country or area." (which in this case is a double negative...) < ya said something the governing bodies of GA didn't like...

Forgot to put that I love GA as a whole though.... Great peeps :D

Edited by Houdinii

Seems like there's a difficulty in understanding what's " political" or "controversial" enough to be banished to the wastelands of the Soapbox. I've not found it clearly explained anywhere. The Lounge has lots of threads on gay and social issues and for some people these could be political / controversial - "Gaybies" [eeek!], "Teachers", "Bullying" "Disability Prejudice" etc. Maybe this is more about US sensitivities and members in countries that have stronger legal protections aren't always tuned into these? Whatever, some guidance would surely be helpful.

My words can be innuendo, not exactly political, but can be. Take them at face value without deep thought and they're just comments and opinions of food and tastes.

Besides, I freely admit to liking white meat from kfc :P

The logo is generic and looked like a five year olds etch-a-sketch of a chicken.

Neither point is political or social, unless you go deeper into meanings of white meat and chicken as racial and gay slang. Or look at the word "fabulous" as a distinctively gay concept.

• Site Administrator

Okay, so I waited a day before I decided to do anything on this topic.

Now I will...

This topic is closed.

Hopefully those of you that feel you got it off your chest that we moved a topic that WAS controversial and political with ten posts, might also want to take a good look at the Rules.

Attempting to "Rules Lawyer" (Using published rules to try and escape and or mitigate the final determination of the Forum Moderation Team) your way around what Gayauthors.org or its Site Management has determined is a violation of community standards will not be considered a defense. GA management will always act to enforce what we consider to be the "Spirit of the Law". If you have any questions about our community standards as they apply to specific cases, you can always contact us.

The site management team will never disclose any details of a disciplinary action without the prior consent of all parties involved. This includes all site personnel, any complainants, witnesses, and the member with whom the disciplinary action was leveled against. Any members attempting to publicly air a moderation issue to bait staff will have posting privileges suspended. We will not respond or discuss disciplinary actions in public areas of the site.

Privileges to the forums are at Gayauthors.org’s discretion. Continued and/or extremely disruptive behavior will result in a user's participation in the forum and member account being suspended or terminated.

I think a few of you can read what is being said here. Thanks to those that tried to keep the topic unpolitical or trying to tell me and others that we don't have a clue what we are doing. Duly noted Posted Image

Edit to add: For anyone who can't see the Soapbox or chooses not to go to the soapbox, anytime this topic comes up, as in the most recent moved topic, it quickly digresses into a political debate. The last topic quickly became about the separation of politicians and business. Not much different than perhaps the separation of church and state. Since this topic always seems to end up in the political realm, that is why it was moved.

This topic, due to the efforts of some did not become that but unfortunately only became a place to complain about the previous movement of the topic.

Please understand we are not closing discussion, we just want to direct it to the proper forum.

This topic has been flagged as violating site rules and has been closed.

This is an automated message

Edited by wildone