• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that's it Bao? I thought that Seth was already out. Well, at least to some people. His parents know..and Rory, plus they all knew that he used to be with Aaron, right? I can't seem to remember. Plus, the people in Luke's group don't care about that kind of thing, what with Luke and Rory being out and all. I think if anyone has to worry on that account it is Aaron. His home life wouldn't exactly be welcoming of the idea.

first off, great chapter Dom.

secondly, i do think that seth and rory are going to date. but it won't last. for one thing seth is sort of a rebound for rory and rory is not over aaron. but i think they'll be friends. good friends, but that's all. but this also depends on how soon they get together, if they do at all. rory really may not be that interested in seth. he does stare at lukes butt alot.

as for luke, i do think that rick is a candidate for lukes affection. but then so is rory still. of course luke does strike me as an affectionate happy go lucky guy. plus we have to remember this is all told from rory's point of view and we could be misreading lukes intentions from this.

that's all from me folks

Do you think that's it Bao? I thought that Seth was already out. Well, at least to some people. His parents know..and Rory, plus they all knew that he used to be with Aaron, right? I can't seem to remember. Plus, the people in Luke's group don't care about that kind of thing, what with Luke and Rory being out and all. I think if anyone has to worry on that account it is Aaron. His home life wouldn't exactly be welcoming of the idea.

i seem to remember luke saying something to the guys in the group about seth being aaron's ex when rory recognized him in the park that one time. so they must've known, even if they didn't really care all that much.

Luke's been aware of his sexuality (and open about it) for quite a while ... I don't picture him as the type of guy to get infatuated with a str8 guy. I only let that happen to me once in my life (sure, there have been plenty of str8 guys I *wish* were gay, but I never let myself get into them so much that I had to "get over" them to be able to date someone) ... that just doesn't seem like Luke to me. I've re-read all of DD over the past two days, and I see so many hints that Luke is the one that Rory likes, and that Rory likes Luke the same way ... I just think Rory won't let himself believe that someone like Luke would possibly like him.

Luke's been aware of his sexuality (and open about it) for quite a while ... I don't picture him as the type of guy to get infatuated with a str8 guy. I only let that happen to me once in my life (sure, there have been plenty of str8 guys I *wish* were gay, but I never let myself get into them so much that I had to "get over" them to be able to date someone) ... that just doesn't seem like Luke to me. I've re-read all of DD over the past two days, and I see so many hints that Luke is the one that Rory likes, and that Rory likes Luke the same way ... I just think Rory won't let himself believe that someone like Luke would possibly like him.

Yep. Rick is a barely-mentioned peripheral character. He cannot be Mr X. Luke hates dishonesty. The first negative thing he can think of about Aaron is to call him a pathological liar. The silliness with Seth was actually about honesty as well. Luke kept his promise to Eddie about the Vow of Silence, but he felt deeply wrong about it and was about to tell Rory anyway. That's just not consistent with a secret passion for Rick, Dave or Fred the Mysterious whom we have not yet met.

A couple of chapters ago we had people about ready to choose what Luke and Seth would wear at their wedding on the basis of a single scene, even though Luke barely recognised Seth in Chapter 10 and already knew Mr X at that point. Perhaps at some stage Rory will ask himself why Luke, who talks about everything else to Rory, won't tell hm who Mr X is.

This story is about Rory's lack of insight and (hopefully) Rory growing some. Rory rejected Luke as a boyfriend for more or less the same reason he rejected Eddie as a father. Rory's lack of insight and his lack of self-belief drove him to Aaron and kept him away from Luke and Eddie. Curing that will send him in the reverse direction, if he can ever bring himself to stop looking at Luke's arse and think about the possibility of Luke actually liking him.

Edited by Alan

Ok so I am a little late on this but still :P

i don't understand your logic there. wasn't she the one who cleared up the misconception that she and seth were a thing for rory. i mean, that actually seems more like the sort of thing someone would do when they're trying to fix up their best friend with someone (making sure that someone knows that your best friend is both available and swinging in your direction).

and besides, it's not exactly an uncommon occurence. people think my best friend and i are a couple all the time. but she's a girl, and i'm gay. people are more apt to see a straight couple than a fag and his hag any day.

I agree with you Philistine, though I really like James' idea, I get the feeling that Angela may also have been subtly pushing them together.

And you're right the whole straight girl, gay guy thing, which often makes great friendships can often end up effectively removing both of them from the list of eligible people to date. One of my closest friends was a lesbian actually, but people still assumed we were together, now though her girlfriend is usually with us when we hang out, so people don't get that impression anymore ;)

Dude! That's like exactly what I've been trying to say all along. I just don't think Luke would waste his time on a straight guy.

Edited by AFriendlyFace