• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITS RICK!!!!!

ITS RICK I TELL YA!!!!

LUKE WANTS RICK!!!!!

rory called the person luke likes an idiot. i think rick is an idiot, well in my opinion, but not in a bad way. so in my mind.

DO THE MATH PEOPLE!!!!

i think rick did some thing for luke after aaron or something and luke fell for him.

Edited by Bao

Maybe it's just me ... but Rory seemed A LOT different in this chapter, personality wise ... much more "with it." The getting out of the house thing seems to have been a VERY good thing for Rory, and even he realizes it.

And now Rory knows that Seth likes him, and Luke knows it ... this doesn't bode well for the Rory/Luke duo ... :(

But now I'm just wondering how long the whole story is gonna turn out to be, cause everything is just moving such more slowly than with TOU and TLW ... and in those two, it was so clear from nearly the beginning who was gonna end up with who, and after they ended up together, only then did the "drama" happen ... here, the "drama" is happening first, and still no clue who is going to end up with who ... definitely different. But, the chapters for DD seem to be much shorter than the other stories, which is kind of a bummer since I'm all excited for the 10 minutes that I'm reading it ... and then in misery for the 3-4 days (or more) that I have to wait for another chapter ... I really need to get a life!!! :blink:

ahaha LittleBuddah, Dom warned that when he restarted on DD it was gonna be longer than TOU and TLW. and as for Luke liking Rick, NO im a hopeless romantic, and refuse to believe that Rory and Luke arent gonna end up together, until Dom has them both die of old age 80 years from now without anything happening :P

I totally empathize with Rory in this chapter. I mean, paper shredders are so much fun! :2thumbs:

And, oh lr0d, the kid actually WANTS to drive... this does not bode well for neither the neighbors' mailboxes nor Eddies Suburban :wacko: :ph34r:

How is staying at home by himself and brooding going to help him deal with his feelings?

I think his confrontation, short as it was, with Aaron was a good thing. I don't think it's the last we'll see of Aaron, and I think part of Rory still obviously has feelings for him, but Rory's finally grown some balls when it comes to dealing with him.

I didn

ITS RICK!!!!!

ITS RICK I TELL YA!!!!

LUKE WANTS RICK!!!!!

rory called the person luke likes an idiot. i think rick is an idiot, well in my opinion, but not in a bad way. so in my mind.

DO THE MATH PEOPLE!!!!

i think rick did some thing for luke after aaron or something and luke fell for him.

i'm totally thinking the same thing. especially when i read this.

I was beginning to realize that I didn

I hate to disagree with Ann (but it had to happen eventually :D ) but I think that a big part of Rory's problem has been that he's had WAY too much time by himself to think about things. Now before anyone decides that I'm full of __it, the other part of Rory's problem was that when he was "thinking" about things he rarely looked at them in a rational way and spent most of his time figuring out how he could protect himself from his wildly mis-interpreted assumptions or channelling Alice.

I found that Seth's reaction to the news of Aaron's appearance was troubling... it could be simply that Seth was worried that Aaron was heading to his place or it could be something more sinister (giving Dom a little bit of drama for upcoming chapters).

I think the statement Luke made about throwing his best "material" at Seth at Angela's made me think that he's done everything he did there to Rory including being increasingly more touchy-feely with Rory as the story progresses... I think Luke's just about given up on our clueless-boy-wonder (ok, ok,... he's been a little less clueless lately) and assumes that Rory's not interested, all the while Rory's burning a whole in Luke's jeans with the way he's been staring at his ass. That and the bit about Rory snuggling closer with Luke when Seth approached at the end of the chapter was telling. I think Luke is trying to play matchmaker since, in his mind at least, Rory's not interested in him.

After reading this chapter, I'm also starting to understand how heroine addicts feel, the more you use, the more frequent and larger fixes you need! :D The high quality shit Dom's throwing our way just makes it worse!

Steve

Edited by Rabble_Rouser
I hate to disagree with Ann (but it had to happen eventually :D ) but I think that a big part of Rory's problem has been that he's had WAY too much time by himself to think about things. Now before anyone decides that I'm full of __it, the other part of Rory's problem was that when he was "thinking" about things he rarely looked at them in a rational way and spent most of his time figuring out how he could protect himself from his wildly mis-interpreted assumptions or channelling Alice.

I found that Seth's reaction to the news of Aaron's appearance was troubling... it could be simply that Seth was worried that Aaron was heading to his place or it could be something more sinister (giving Dom a little bit of drama for upcoming chapters).

I think the statement Luke made about throwing his best "material" at Seth at Angela's made me think that he's done everything he did there to Rory including being increasingly more touchy-feely with Rory as the story progresses... I think Luke's just about given up on our clueless-boy-wonder (ok, ok,... he's been a little less clueless lately) and assumes that Rory's not interested, all the while Rory's burning a whole in Luke's jeans with the way he's been staring at his ass. That and the bit about Rory snuggling closer with Luke when Seth approached at the end of the chapter was telling. I think Luke is trying to play matchmaker since, in his mind at least, Rory's not interested in him.

Steve

Sorry I didn't see your post before I posted. I agree. On all three points. I think the main problem isn't Rory having too much free time per say, OR having to stay busy. I think the problem is that he ISN'T thinking about it in the right way or dealing with it. He even said he ignored his feelings about Aaron because they hurt. It's true that he shouldn't dwell on it, but I can't help but feel that at least a little introspection would help him deal with it once and for all. Yes he does need to stay occupied and not dwell on it needlessly, but he also needs to sit down quietly and sort everything out so that he can move on.

I also think you're right about questioning Seth's reaction to Rory's announcement that he'd run into Aaron. I thought the same thing. Just when I was starting to believe Seth entirely, Dom throws in the interaction with Aaron, and Rory's telling Seth about it, and it seems like maybe there's still more to it after all.

And I think you're right, maybe Luke has just given up so he figures he might as well play matchmaker.

Ok here is my prediction for the next chapter....

1. Rory and Seth hook up

2. Aaron begins playing Mr. Creepy Stalker Guy Who Hides in Rory's closet then stands over him at stares while Rory is asleep

3. Seth gets pissed about Aaron being creepy and trying to get Rory back so he kicks his ass

4. Luke decides make a move on Rick then... CLIFFHANGER

-Nate

Oh yea and anyone willing to take bets on this?

Edited by NateB