My prediction (and I was right in coming to Seth's defense so many chapters before!) is that Aaron is not going to take this lying down. Two things could possibly happen in my mind.

1) Seth and Rory get together.I still hold this as the best possible coupling as Rory and Luke is just... too weird. Better friends than lovers. Okay, maybe I'll set for a threesome... kidding! Anyway, if this happens we see Aaron go ape and do anything in his power to tear them apart. I'm not sure who he'll go for, Seth or Rory but both are weak towards him. He's a total charmer and if he can corner either long enough chances are he'll seduce them and turn them against each other.

2) Aaron sees that Seth and Rory are about to get together and blackmails them somehow. Threatens suicide (seems a little too extreme and unbelievable) or in some way emotionally blackmails Rory to his will. No matter how he might think it, Rory definitely isn't over Aaron.

Btw, this was a good chapter because it didn't have a cliffhanger. And I think Seth out of all of Dom's characters would be my most desired BF. He's patient, he's nice, he has cool parents, and he's hot...

//shadows

2)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm still left wondering if Seth is a Red-head or not. Come on Dom, stop this madness! Let us(or more accurateley, me) know! And to add to the list of "pointless mysteries of Seth", what music was being played when Rory enetered Seth's room?

1) Seth has been secretly shadowing Taylor around and changes the color of his hair on a daily basis......

2) Seth was listening to The Doobie Brothers, Rory's second favorite artists next to Al Stewart :)

On the subject of who luke is actually interested in, has anyone reread ch 10 lately?

I thought it was interesting how fast Luke came to the conclusion that there might be something between them.

"But, it

2) Aaron sees that Seth and Rory are about to get together and blackmails them somehow. Threatens suicide (seems a little too extreme and unbelievable) or in some way emotionally blackmails Rory to his will. No matter how he might think it, Rory definitely isn't over Aaron.

I think Rory probably is over Aaron, but I also think blackmail is a real possibility. The obvious thing Aaron could try is a threat to send officers to Luke's door unless Rory does what he's told. Rory's situation and Aaron's willingness to exploit it is fast making this a much darker story than Dom's previous work.

I am pretty happy with this chapter and seeing Rory actually open his mouth and talk. He keeps way too much inside. I mean I guess that with all that has happened to him, we can't expect him to be mister social so to speak. But interaction is key, this chapter had lots.

I love that he has had Luke to talk to though. And that he feels comfy enough to talk to him. I would love Luke and Rory as a couple. I just see so much of the Seth/Rory interaction it has me wondering. It is funny how both Luke and Seth have mentioned the other as being with Rory.

Hmm..but is Rory feeling Seth? In this chapter there was a lot that made it look as if Rory was jealous, especially of Angela. Comments being shown about her just jumping right in the middle of them to talk to Seth, and Rory noticing that she was hanging all over him. Does she feel something for Seth despite knowing his preferences or does she just like dragging him around like he is her own personal gay boy pet?

Rory does seem to like Luke's butt though, I have to agree with that earlier posted thought. Hey, let's ask Dom...so Dom, who is it going to be Luke or Seth? Or are you just going to have him move back to grandma with either of them?

I am happy to see that Rory wants to spend time with Eddie. Probably not the best of bonding experiences. I remember my dad teaching me, I was so pissed off with him I didn't speak to him for a week.

I think Rory probably is over Aaron...

While I soooo want that to be true, I'm afraid Aaron's ugly(ok, not really ugly) head will rear itself again. Rory has an internal struggle going on between the parts of him that are still attracted to Aaron (like 'little' Rory) and the tiny bit of common sense that Rory has that tells him that Aaron is bad news.

In my boredom waiting for Chapter 24 (tap...tap...tap), I re-read some of the early chapters. I am heartened once again that in the end, Rory will end up with Luke. If you looks at Chapters 1 & 2, look how Rory describes Luke. Then compare that to the way Rory describes Seth in later chapters. There is a huge difference in how both are described which tips the balance toward Luke.

Does that mean Rory won't give Seth a try? Well, the boy is 16!!!!! Heck, he's at the age where a faint breeze will get him hard :P . Seth might end up being a notch on Rory's belt, but come the last chapter of DD, it'll be Rory and Luke all the way!!! :2thumbs:

Take Care®,

Vic the Domaholic

I'm starting to get a bad feeling ... and I hate to admit this ... but this story is quite different from TLW and TOU ... and there are sooo many clues pointing to Rory and Luke getting together (Chapter 10 ... I think ... when Rory 'comes out' to Luke and his family is just full of little 'hints'), that Dom may just end up giving us all a big surprise. Like I said before, in the other two stories it was obvious from nearly the beginning who was going to end up with who ... and we're already on Ch. 23 here and have no idea what is going to happen ... I think we may all get a big surprise in the end ... and I'm starting to feel as though I'm going to be disappointed when Luke and Rory don't end up together. :(

shorter chapters= faster postings.

is tomorrow good?

Hey, let's ask Dom...so Dom, who is it going to be Luke or Seth? Or are you just going to have him move back to grandma with either of them?

Dom doesn't give spoilers. :P But, I hope you guys do like the end when we get there. :)

shorter chapters= faster postings.

is tomorrow good?

Dom doesn't give spoilers. :P But, I hope you guys do like the end when we get there. :)

Tomorrow's awesome, Dom...shorter chapters are cool too, but let's not look to the end yet please...This is the best story on the Net of all time in my opinion

I love that he has had Luke to talk to though. And that he feels comfy enough to talk to him. I would love Luke and Rory as a couple. I just see so much of the Seth/Rory interaction it has me wondering. It is funny how both Luke and Seth have mentioned the other as being with Rory.

Hmm..but is Rory feeling Seth? In this chapter there was a lot that made it look as if Rory was jealous, especially of Angela. Comments being shown about her just jumping right in the middle of them to talk to Seth, and Rory noticing that she was hanging all over him. Does she feel something for Seth despite knowing his preferences or does she just like dragging him around like he is her own personal gay boy pet?

I agree with Redone and I think the more Rory actually talks (and he might even try listening more often too) to Luke, the better off I think he'll be. Luke seems to really have his "shit" together (unless this is all a part of a Dom-The-Evil-Writer twist).

As for the whole Angela & Seth thing, could it be that all Luke's friends know that he has this huge thing for Rory and Angela is just trying to create a barrier so that Rory will gravitate towards Luke?

And a big thanks to Dom for the frequent postings to prevent the worst side effects of DD withdrawl!!! :P

Steve

As for the whole Angela & Seth thing, could it be that all Luke's friends know that he has this huge thing for Rory and Angela is just trying to create a barrier so that Rory will gravitate towards Luke?

i don't understand your logic there. wasn't she the one who cleared up the misconception that she and seth were a thing for rory. i mean, that actually seems more like the sort of thing someone would do when they're trying to fix up their best friend with someone (making sure that someone knows that your best friend is both available and swinging in your direction).

and besides, it's not exactly an uncommon occurence. people think my best friend and i are a couple all the time. but she's a girl, and i'm gay. people are more apt to see a straight couple than a fag and his hag any day.

Edited by Philistine
Guest rye_encoke

Okay just started reading these stories and am LOVING Desert Dropping.

Here are my guesses, although I can't really explain my reasoning.

Rory and Seth are gonna be a couple. This I felt almost immediately, I mean as soon as Seth

entered the story and I have no explanation as to why I thought it given the atagonsim between

the two of them.

Now Luke...Luke....I thought a long time about this. This last chapter had me considering Rick

briefly as the one that Luke was interested in. I also briefly...very briefly...considered that Luke

wanted Rory. I gave up on that one though because I just felt that Luke's feelings were not

something new. So my guess here is....Dave. I think Luke has it really bad for Dave.

As I said I have no reasoning for these guesses, I can't point to anything in the story to back it

up, it's just gut feeling I am going on.

Just like the Jase thing, we need someone to rip into. Everyone else as been beaten to death, all we need now is Brian, Cathy, Meg, Rick, Dave, Seths parents, Angela's parents (her dad was mentioned in 23), and when they're all boring we can bash Eddie's parents for taking him away from Gina in the first place :2thumbs:

Hmm..I don't know if I was bashing Angela. I don't think so. :blink: I kinda just pointing out the thought of Rory having feelings for Seth, by pointing out discriptive words Rory was thinking about the her and Seth. I certainly don't think she is another Janie.

And Dom, I just had to ask. :D

Just like the Jase thing, we need someone to rip into. Everyone else as been beaten to death, all we need now is Brian, Cathy, Meg, Rick, Dave, Seths parents, Angela's parents (her dad was mentioned in 23), and when they're all boring we can bash Eddie's parents for taking him away from Gina in the first place :2thumbs:

It's obviously time for a Seth wolfpack. Now when everyone was convinced, to the very core of their being, that Seth was evil I was mumbling that we only knew about his evil acts from Aaron. Still, tomorrow's a log way away so let's all grab our torches and head for the windmill. :2hands:

aaron wants to out seth. he is shy... and the convo about eddie... and the thing about his dad being insecure about it... and people think he dates angela.... and yea...

Edited by Bao