[dkstories] Do Over Redux Chapter 28

Happy New Year folks...some good news for you. I have finished writing Chapter 28 and sent it to my editor. Once he's done with it and I've reviewed the edits, it will be posted. I'm not sure exactly how many chapters there will be (remember the original Do Over became the longest story I've written with as many chapters as it had). Most of my stories are in the 30-35 chapter range and Redux should end up somewhere in that range. At the very least, there will be two more chapters after 28, but I can't guarantee more.

After that I had planned to go back to Dawn of Tears.

That's still the plan, but I've had another story idea pop into my head that if it charts out into a full-blown story plot I'm going to begin writing it up. That usually takes me 3-4 months to get to, though.

Oh, and Robert says he's getting close to getting done with Wreckers editing. If he does ever finish it, that will be available in print. As some may have noticed, it's already been removed from Nifty and from Dabeagle's site (and I thank both of them for removing the story before it came out in print).

So...Happy New Year and enjoy (yes, I"m up late..but then we lost power here during the storm and wanted to get this story done...)

Well, Emoe has sent chapter 28 to me, and although I'm at work I went ahead and reviewed the changes. Now all I have to do is go home, get the e-mail I sent myself, and format Chapter 28 for the web. Once that's done, I'll send it to Myr for posting.

The bad news...I don't get off work until 6:30 at night or later (most likely with everything going on this week, it'll be later). So that means you'll most likely be able to see the new chapter tomorrow morning. :)

Yes, I've already started on 29, but no promises or expectations of when it will be done. I'm hoping that it will be sooner than the time difference between 27 and 28. that's just a hope, though.

if you want to snuggle up to a good book while you wait, you can always buy volume one of the Shapers Chronicles, now available at: http://www.lulu.com/content/133229

DOR 28 has been sent to Myr's mail box so if I did things right, you'll have 28 to read in the morning (I know Robert will be happy because he's not read it yet either)

For those that might be interested... www.dkstories.com

Oh goodie! Another new chapter of DOR. I know you're not getting a whole lot in the way of responses here yet but I for one am very happy to see the resumption of this story. I suspect some of the earlier readers just have yet to realize there are new chapters up.

A very enjoyable chapter and a few surprises. I don't want to leave any spoilers but there were two things that I really did not expect to happen, I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. Keep 'em coming!

I'm beginning to think I've got some of what's going to happen figured out. Now I just have to wait and find out how close my ideas are to yours. Looking forward to chapter 29.

BTW, the links to your blog on both the main story site page and the DOR page still point to the nonexistant gayauthors blog rather than to your new www.dkstories.com site which I just found.

Keep up the great work!

Guest pookieBear

Hi there,

Have to say this is a really good story, and I think could and should go as long as the other do over, have to say it's captivating keep it up!

P

Dan,

I wanted to write you and tell you how much I am enjoying DOR. I have been a reader for...goodness...before you finished DO...say March, maybe. I am embarassed that this is my first responce to you. I remember waiting with anticipation as your chapters would come out, checking back once or twice a day to see if I could get my fix. You are, simply put, an incredible author. The characters are developed, and seem to pop up out off the screen and into the room to act out a scene. The way that you have portrayed all of the actors through two stories reveals to the reader the simply power that choices have. Not huge choices, like leaving one's husband, but the little choices, stopping a bully, spitting something back at someone, or taking responsibility for your actions.

In other words, a fantastic story. I love the blend of romance, realism, politics and culture into a big story. You are not afraid to kill off characters, to cause them pain, to sugar coat anything - and that's awesome.

:worship:

Yours,

C.