Yeah, I take a few weeks' break after each part :). I need to prepare for my finals, so...

Chris could be staring at anybody in the room hehe. Could be Dan, could be David. Could be neither :). But one thing is certain is that you don't go and tell someone you've been staring at them, otherwise that would be freaky. Reading between the lines is good! We keep thinking about what other people are thinking in real life and Dan is in a no better position. Neither is Circle  :whistle:

Heh, I will only be away for a few weeks! I also have other stories if you're interested, during my absence :).

Edited by Circle

Chapter 10 uploaded, to whom it may concern, as Part 2 draws to a close.

I will be taking a few weeks' break, though I might return sooner if the interest in this story picks up :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say I'm really enjoying this story. Call me weird, but I actually preferred the longer chapters. :P

You've done a great job at making all the characters in this story likeable. Jenna is great, and it's refreshing to see a female character and potential rival actually have a personality and not be just a vapid shrew.

I'm hoping Dan ends up with David, but I appreciate that his journey is just as important as his destination. Looking forward to reading part 3! :read:

• Like 2

Heya!

Yay, one more reader. *Adds to pocket of collection*. :P

Thanks for the read and letting me know! :). The longer chapters are for really patient individuals like yourself :P. I try to do something different with my stories, and I'm glad you liked Jenna too. I'm really happy that someone understands a journey is just as important as the destination. Dan is learning and developing and I'm relieved that everyone didn't stop reading because I didn't give Dan a bf in the first chapter :P.

Once again, thanks for posting and letting me know! I'm looking forward to Part 3 too. It's not my favourite, but I like to tread on familiar grounds and writing in my comfort zone once more, if only for a short while :).

:hug:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm back after doing my final recital and FRSM. I hope you guys have been thinking of me! I have just turned 22 and well, I still haven't grown any flirt muscle yet. Maybe that will change soon.

Chapter 11 is now up, spearheading Part 3 which is a mini-adventure by itself. I have returned to familiar territory and a familiar tone and style. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter after the last two weeks' hiatus and hopefully by the end you will all be like: ?????????

Bye for now :).

Edited by Circle

Welcome back! How was the recital? Is that the end of your studies then?

Sorry, none of this relates to the story, but you started it :P

I enjoyed the start of the mini-adventure.

• Like 1

I hope you guys have been thinking of me! 

I have been thinking about Dan Conundrum yesterday! I was thinking how long it has been since I read the last chapter. And now ta-da! :D

I love seeing the other part of Dan/Tse-Ho. I wonder if Dan is as fictional as his mother wanted it to be. He seems to be more Dan than Tse-Ho to me. Tse-Ho seems to be something of the past, a memory (part of him, nevertheless). While Dan is... what he is. Cynical, broody, overanalytical... So British like his cousin said.

Great chapter.

Cheers

Ieshwar

• Like 1

Welcome back! How was the recital? Is that the end of your studies then?

Sorry, none of this relates to the story, but you started it :P

I enjoyed the start of the mini-adventure.

Hey Bleu! I'm glad you enjoyed the start of the mini-adventure. Took me a lot of effort to write to make it not boring :(

The recital was okay. I absolutely slaughtered Beethoven, but my nerves calmed down in Grieg and I was proud of my Chopin :D. I would definitely pass, but I want 60/100+ :D

I have been thinking about Dan Conundrum yesterday! I was thinking how long it has been since I read the last chapter. And now ta-da! :D

I love seeing the other part of Dan/Tse-Ho. I wonder if Dan is as fictional as his mother wanted it to be. He seems to be more Dan than Tse-Ho to me. Tse-Ho seems to be something of the past, a memory (part of him, nevertheless). While Dan is... what he is. Cynical, broody, overanalytical... So British like his cousin said.

Great chapter.

Cheers

Ieshwar

Yay! It's been two weeks and all my real life stuff is done for now. I'm glad you like this! I've changed the setting, the tone, some sentence structures to make Part three different and I wasn't sure if people would like it... but yeah, you really got one of the central ideas of the chapter, which goes back to how I ended the previous chapter.

Thank you so much for reading. I'm glad it hasn't bored you.

Yuck. Posted Chapter 13. I'm really, really unhappy with this chapter. In fact, due to a short development cycle and the number of revisions on when exactly scenes take place in various drafts, this still remained one of the worst chapters in the whole story. I can't stand it, and I can't stand working on it anymore, so there you go!

Awww, unlucky 13? Maybe you need to bounce ideas off a beta-reader (I'm not suggesting myself, by the way).

Your chapter wasn't yuck. A bit short maybe :D

Looking forward to 14.

David's secret stash, heh?

• Like 1

Sorry about the wait :(

I have been busy over the weekend and didn't have much time to do this...

Chapter 14 is uploaded now and I will try to be more organised for next week ;)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Sorry about the wait :(

I have been busy over the weekend and didn't have much time to do this...

Chapter 14 is uploaded now and I will try to be more organised for next week ;)

Thanks!

Yes, it's here!! :D Amazing chapter.

To those who haven't read it yet, do it. 

Cheers

Ieshwar

• Like 1

Hehe, nothing can be worse than Chapter 13!

I had doubts about this one too and it's still not the best I can make it, but I had far fewer concerns with it compared to the previous xD.

Edit: Chapter End notes have been slightly expanded.

Edited by Circle

Hey guys, I'm going on a 7/8 week holiday in Hong Kong this coming Sunday, and I'd rather keep my Saturday for packing ^^

As a result, Chapter 15 has been posted 1 day in advance. See? I can be more organised.

Either way, take a look at the conclusion of Part 3. Part 4 will return probably sometime in September... It's too hot in Hong Kong to write.

Good news is, David returns next chapter :P.

Do have any specific name for Part 3 and Part 4? I know the first two were Acceptance and Identity. 

Hope that you have fun in Hong Kong. :) Have fun packing meanwhile. Lol. 

I know I will miss Dan's Conundrum. 

Cheers

Ieshwar

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Since you're interested :P. Part 3 was called Peace. Part 4 is Revelations.

I hope you enjoyed Part 3, as I did promise a different writing style/tone than before. Part 4, will be using another approach and I guess my readers will have to vote on one which they like best!

Depending on the support, after a two-week hiatus I may be able to get back to this infrequently even in Hong Kong... but i probably can't commit to a weekly schedule :(.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some people do read this thread, you know ;). I'm just bad at leaving reviews. :*)

I liked how each of the gifts fitted perfectly with the character of the giver.

Poor Dan who can't play the piano. You should teach him! :P

• Like 1

Hey Bleu! For a while there I was certain no one reads this anymore...

Still, nice to know you're still lurking :P.

Interesting Fact: In a scene that was eventually cut, Dan did play the piano, only as an accompanist however for the spotlight that is David and Jenna.

Thanks for your continued support :).

It's interesting you found the chapter meh. It's probably my favorite of the last few. But maybe that's because Dan's taking steps to meet someone. I think it's quite a development for his character to even consider it. He's clearly grown in self esteem.

Looking forward to reading how the meeting goes. :)

Edited by Silver Priest
  • Like 1