Andy Murray

Bill W

After the year he had last year coming so close in the Championships, then winning the Gold in the Olympics then winning the Championships this year has to have tennis buffs in the UK delirious with joy.  Congrats to a determined, gritty, keep on trying guy!

Edited by Daddydavek

He's had a brilliant 12 months

- Olympic gold

- US Open

- Wimbledon

But the best game was the semi between Djokavic and Delboy Potro  - unbelievable.

Against Murray Djokavic seemed drained - he must have been whacked.

Edited by Zombie

What makes Andy Murray's win even better is that it means an Englishman still hasn't won Wimbledon since Fred Perry

**cackles insanely and waves the St Andrew's flag as all those English people celebrate a Scottish male doing what their beloved Tim Henman failed to do on soooo many occasions :rofl:  :rofl:  :devil: **

What makes Andy Murray's win even better is that it means an Englishman still hasn't won Wimbledon since Fred Perry

**cackles insanely and waves the St Andrew's flag as all those English people celebrate a Scottish male doing what their beloved Tim Henman failed to do on soooo many occasions :rofl:  :rofl:  :devil: **

:lol: I Think that the Welsh/Scottish sheep is a bit cheeky :gikkle:

But wave your flag all you like Andy :glomp:

Edited by slytherin

:lol: I Think that the Welsh/Scottish sheep is a bit cheeky :gikkle:

But wave your flag all you like Andy :glomp:

Time it became something useful ... like kebabs  :P:D:rofl:

Congrats to Andy Murray for becoming the first Brit to win Wimbeldon since 1936. 

I dont want to take away from his win at all, hes the first British MAN to win since 1936 :P

Technically, a woman won Wimbledon in 1977 (Virginia Wade). This is the whole feminist debate currently going on in Britain at the moment haha, dont forget the girls! :)

• Like 1

Technically, a woman won Wimbledon in 1977 (Virginia Wade).

Nope.  I'm pretty sure Virginia is 100% woman from conception to now :P

This is the whole feminist debate currently going on in Britain at the moment haha, dont forget the girls! :)

I'm all for equal pay for equal work. Fact is the feminist debate secured a complete trouncing of the guys - equal pay for less work :lol:

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1

Nope.  I'm pretty sure Virginia is 100% woman from conception to now :P

I'm all for equal pay for equal work. Fact is the feminist debate secured a complete trouncing of the guys - equal pay for less work :lol:

I just wanna offer you a massive congratulations for picking apart what i said and turning it into very ammusing statements on partially irrelevant subjects  :P  that said, it gave me a good giggle so im not gonna complain too much :lol:

I wasnt so sure on Virginias gender to be fair, i suspect that she may be more your era than mine :ph34r::P

Edited by neversurrender

• 1 month later...

And he's cute too. :P

You know, I never really thought he was that cute, compared to other tennis players. However, after having been a couple of feet away from him on court, I will have to agree that he is actually good looking.

In term of play, I still have some doubt that he has what it takes to be number one over a long period of time.