18 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

He seems to have mastered the technique and is giving us a classic demonstration of the principles of surface tension.

Surface tension - Wikipedia

Is this a spider cyclops? 

Having mastered the use of surface tension and using himself as bait, he appears to be an accomplished fisherman.

Score - Spider 1 / minnow 0.

:cowboy:

I realized both of those things, but the proper explanation doesn't offer any humor.  😵  :worship:

• Like 2

@Bill W

I realized both of those things, but the proper explanation doesn't offer any humor.

--------

I knew that you knew, I just wanted you to know, that I knew that you did. Now everyone else who saw it, knows too.

I totally agree about the humor. I always try for shock & awe or a laugh. I like when I can do both in one post and add some info if possible on our eight legged friends.

74c9f97b3cd782ed0aca161b23f4fb48.jpg

Edited by sandrewn
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Now that's a brave little girl.  Those spiders could spin their webs, wrap her up like a mummy, and live off of her for a month.  

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, Bill W said:

Did you get this out of a children's joke book?  😋  😎

No, I'm serious, but keep in mind, as soon as I sign into ' Pinterest ' they check my history and any page I open will always have something on spiders on it. In this case, the jokes were literally the 1st and 3rd things about spiders.

• Like 2

ee946f2084b26060af12fbb8c546efa2.jpg

Portia fimbriata - Fringed Jumping Spider

Is renowned as the world's most intelligent spider. It is a spider hunter which modifies its hunting strategies and learns from situations as it encounters them.

Portia fimbriata - Wikipedia

c7cf89d34e111ba50daebae721604ccf.jpg

Mirror Spider Shines Like Disco Ball

This isn't a stained-glass sculpture or piece of delicate jewelry – it's a real live spider. These spiders, called mirror or sequined spiders, are all probably members of several different species of the thwaitesia genus, which features spiders with reflective silvery patches on their abdomen.

Thwaitesia argentiopunctata - Wikipedia

4f8fb5453de42bc50f9b8a61bb611561.jpg

Deinopidae

Net-Casting Spider Plunges Web On Top Of Prey

Deinopidae - Wikipedia

• Wow 2
3 hours ago, sandrewn said:

ee946f2084b26060af12fbb8c546efa2.jpg

Portia fimbriata - Fringed Jumping Spider

Is renowned as the world's most intelligent spider. It is a spider hunter which modifies its hunting strategies and learns from situations as it encounters them.

Portia fimbriata - Wikipedia

Now ain't that a weird looking thing.  If you look at it closely, it almost looks like a small owl with feathers.  However, if it's that smart of a hunter, I hope it doesn't come in a super-giant size.  

• Haha 2

c7cf89d34e111ba50daebae721604ccf.jpg

Mirror Spider Shines Like Disco Ball

This isn't a stained-glass sculpture or piece of delicate jewelry – it's a real live spider. These spiders, called mirror or sequined spiders, are all probably members of several different species of the thwaitesia genus, which features spiders with reflective silvery patches on their abdomen.

Thwaitesia argentiopunctata - Wikipedia

Now this spider is really pretty, almost something you might see in a church, and I could see it attracting a curious kid to pick it up, so I hope it's not poisonous.  

• Like 2

This one should have been called the fisherman spider - cast your net upon the water - although I assume this one probably does it on land.  However, I'm sure it's prey feels about the same as a fish caught in a fishing net - helpless!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sandrewn said:

No, I'm serious, but keep in mind, as soon as I sign into ' Pinterest ' they check my history and any page I open will always have something on spiders on it. In this case, the jokes were literally the 1st and 3rd things about spiders.

Don't worry, I was only pulling your chain a bit.  So these always come in threes - how religious - like the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  

• Haha 2