Martial arts anyone?

Alcarose

Hey,

I checked out the topics here and found out there was none regarding martial arts. I suppose I ain't the only one who's into this amzing kind of sport.

This summer I started taking kung fu classes and in my opinion everyone can find his/her own style in kung fu. I love the way our sifu teaches us a little bit of everything, from animal styles, to various kinds of kicks and my favourite acrobatics.

However I found out there's gonna be a problem with me going to the gym and taking lessons. Sifu certainly didn't forbid me from working out, he did say it will be much more difficult for me to learn how to punch correctly.

I decided not to give up neither on "the martial art I adore", nor on "the working out in the gym" part of my daily routine. I did however add streetworkout to my schedule and I can already feel a small improvement. Not to mention how ripped my body became after I combined martial arts with fitness and streetworkouts. :)

Well, so much for my favourite sport.

What's your story? :)

Edited by Alcarose

I did Taekwando for a couple years when I was younger, and earned my yellow belt. But I quit because back then I'd rather of played baseball and the two conflicted schedule-wise. I wish I'd stuck with it though. 

Edited by TetRefine

I've been taking Taekwondo on and off for fifteen years and just tested for my second degree black belt. I love both breaking and self defense aspects of the sport. I've also begun learning jujitsu to add to my ground defense. Its become a great hobby.

• Like 1

Well. I like watching MMA. 

That is all :3

Well, I actually dated a guy, who does MMA...a guy who I fell real hard for and broke my heart in a way noone ever could, but eventually made me stronger.

I did Taekwando for a couple years when I was younger, and earned my yellow belt. But I quit because back then I'd rather of played baseball and the two conflicted schedule-wise. I wish I'd stuck with it though. 

I for one am sure I won't be able to give up on kung fu...it means way too much for me, it became a part of me already...

I've been taking Taekwondo on and off for fifteen years and just tested for my second degree black belt. I love both breaking and self defense aspects of the sport. I've also begun learning jujitsu to add to my ground defense. Its become a great hobby.

It's great to see so much enthusiasm for martial arts, what are the jiujitsu classes like?

what is the martial arts and how do i learn them... especially without costing money I. do. not. have.

It is the art of attack/defense. You learn them from a master and I am not sure it comes free, you can learn the basics from the net, but that won't ever replace a true master teaching you. Are you sure you're interested in learning and practising martial arts?

I was being sarcastic on the first part... and unless it's free I am not doing it... because I have NO Money...

btw nice angry Eye of Horus...

It is the art of attack/defense. You learn them from a master and I am not sure it comes free, you can learn the basics from the net, but that won't ever replace a true master teaching you. Are you sure you're interested in learning and practising martial arts?

I was being sarcastic on the first part... and unless it's free I am not doing it... because I have NO Money...

btw nice angry Eye of Horus...

Oh, swell...I guess unless you find yourself a partner who's good at martial arts, you won't be able to do it for free. But hey, there are always some guys looking forward to a good spar fight :P

• Like 1

Stuby is a blackbelt and can still kick a good un, I think i'm too tall and ungainly to be anything like graceful. Cost isn't an issue for me, but,I need to be really interested in something to be passionate enough to try it.

If only swinging from tree to tree like the guys from Crouching Tiger HIdden Dragon was but realistic, then I'd vie for Kung-Fu/Martial Arts. The last scene from that Chinese film called 'Shaolin Soccer' was anything but hilarious. The part where everybody knows kung-fu wherein this lady who slipped form a banana peel suddenly did a 360 degree backflip and landed safely on her toe -- was crazy.