• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well........I knew it wasn't Rory...lol. I think that Lukes going to confess to Rory that he has feelings for him, but that they're feelings of deep friendship, not the kind he had for Dave, who happened to be his secret crush, not Rory.

The SRITE's are still taking LR**E refugee's. The LR**E ship is sinking fast, folks......jump ship now before it's too late :lol::lol:

Yay I'm not entirely wrong!!! :P He did like Dave but sorta liked Rory.... Doesn't mean Rory is gonna leave Seth.....

Looks like the LRITEs lose... But we do have more chapters coming..... O wells...

-Nate

Edit: Can't forget this... Seth is gonna be on the trip... it'll make things easier ;)

Edited by NateB

Dom, you're evil. I know, I know I should be used to your cliffhangers, but that right there was just wrong. I can't even formulate a proper review!

I can't believe I thought the Luke/Rory/Seth triangle wouldn't be dramatic. What crack was I smoking that day?

I feel so bad for Luke and all his unrequited loove. I can't wait to read what'll happen on the camping trip. It seems like it's going to be a big developement and possibly a little something for the LRITEs.

At this point I'm not even going to make predictions because Dom always throws me for a loop and is like sadistic. And I totally love him for it. :D

Edited by c.a.

The way Dom described the thoughts that were going through Rory's head, all of the confusion, questioning Luke's feelings, analyzing everything about the way he interacted with Luke, and even questioning his own feelings was so brilliantly written. The constant twists and turns in the plots have become so frequent, I think all bets are off for how it's going to turn out. Just in this one chapter alone, the whole momentum kept switching back and forth ... both in Rory's mind (Seth? Luke? Seth? Luke? ad nauseum), but in the story itself ... Rory was pretty convinced that Luke liked him, and he'd even gotten the balls to confront him about it ... then Luke surprises the hell out of us (well, quite a few had predicted it before) by admitting it was Dave when Dom seemingly had us convinced that it was Rory ... and then the cliffhanger comes, and it seems like Luke may still like Rory yet ... OY VAY! I don't know how much more of this I can take!

How much more insane can this possibly get?

But at the same time, I think it accurately reflects the kind of teenage angst and mess of mixed and confused emotions that people Rory's age go through when they first jump into the whole "dating" thing.

Well done, Dom! :2thumbs:

But, PLEASE, don't take too long on getting Ch. 33 out ... this is really killing me ...

However, I get the idea that we are definitely starting to reach the main climax now, perhaps in another few chapters ...

Just in this one chapter alone, the whole momentum kept switching back and forth ... both in Rory's mind (Seth? Luke? Seth? Luke? ad nauseum), but in the story itself ... Rory was pretty convinced that Luke liked him, and he'd even gotten the balls to confront him about it ... then Luke surprises the hell out of us (well, quite a few had predicted it before) by admitting it was Dave when Dom seemingly had us convinced that it was Rory ... and then the cliffhanger comes, and it seems like Luke may still like Rory yet ... OY VAY! I don't know how much more of this I can take!

Exactly. All these people saying it's over for the LRITE's. It's not at all, this story has longer to go and I don't see how you see it as an SRITE victory with the current cliffhanger. Not as promising as the last one, but still good. I have a dreadful feeling though it's going to be more along the lines of "when you first got here...but now you're like a brother", then I'll cry.

Hmm..if I could sum up this chapter with one word it would have to be "uncomfortable". At least Rory thinks so. Rory recognized his attraction with Luke, but at the same time there is still him liking Seth and seeing Luke as a good friend. The back and forth was a little dizzying to follow, but at least what I understood of Rory and Luke's little talk was that he was saying that he liked Seth and was glad Luke didn't have his eye on him. That could say one of two things, either he is glad due to not wanting to lose a good friend, or that it would make Rory look deeper into his feelings, which would cause a mess of flow in his relationship with Seth.

With Luke's last comment, I'm not sure it is obvious that Luke is telling him that he likes him. When Dom writes, anything seems to go. It could just mean (coupled with a previous statement about Luke being jealous of Seth and Rory) that what Seth is right about is Luke not wanting Seth around. From the vibe I'm getting from Luke, he seems to want someone to love and needs the companionship. Also, knowing that Rory is leaving, it doesn't give him a lot of time to spend with him, what with Seth and Rory spending a lot of time together.

Who knows.

But great chapter. :2thumbs:

Wow... huh?

I'm still a bit dazed after reading that. First off, superb chapter! Hold on another sec, I need to stop the world from spinning. I don't know what to think anymore! After the whole confession about Dave I almost closed my browser and started to cry, but I kept reading. I felt so defeated, but then you lifted my spirits out of the ashes with another cliffhanger. Luke better have something really romantic to say to Rory, or I might kill the next person who looks at me.

Bah, that was so cruel. You are such a manipulative writer, Dom. Go be a politician or lawyer, but make sure you don't stop writing DD. Rory needs to end up with Luke! You can tell that he really likes him from his descriptions of Luke and the raging internal conflicts. I need the next chapter 5 minutes ago. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm going crazy. Odds are 9:1 that I won't make it through the week if I don't get the next chapter.

Brilliant chapter. About the only thing that can make this eternal triangle worse is if we learn (as I muttered in the predictions thread) that Rory can't go back to Nevada. Rory is still a mess. Being with Seth has not stopped him being a mess.

Despite my firm adherence to the inevitability of an LRITE outcome, I think Rory would still be a mess if he was with Luke, although Luke seems to understand him a tad better than Seth does. The way Dom writes Rory's indecision is just extraordinary and pretty much rebuts SRITE triumphalism.

With Luke's last comment, I'm not sure it is obvious that Luke is telling him that he likes him. When Dom writes, anything seems to go. It could just mean (coupled with a previous statement about Luke being jealous of Seth and Rory) that what Seth is right about is Luke not wanting Seth around. From the vibe I'm getting from Luke, he seems to want someone to love and needs the companionship. Also, knowing that Rory is leaving, it doesn't give him a lot of time to spend with him, what with Seth and Rory spending a lot of time together.

I think this analysis may just hit the nail on the head. As it stands now, I think this is probably the likeliest scenario.

I honestly would love to see Luke and Rory together ... I'm craving it ... but trying to look at it as objectively as possible, I just don't see it anymore.

Ok I just had a realization.I have been saying for weeks that I would not mind rory being with Seth or Luke, but when Luke said it was Dave my heart broke because I realized I really wanted it to be Rory. And by the last statement in the chapter he may actually have fealings for Rory, and if thats the case Woo Hoo. I feal bad for saying it but I guess deep down I have always wanted Rory to be with Luke. I love Seth dont get me wrong. All I know Is that I have to go with LRITE. I am a LRITE supporter. and wats even more odd is I feal like I am betraying Seth by saying that :blink: Like I said before I will be happy with Luke or Seth, but I hope its Luke, But Dom if thats what your gunna do is make Rory with Luke please dont hurt Seth to bad :D

I don't know what to make of Luke liking both Rory and Dave. I think Luke was very hurt by Aaron's actions and I don't think he's quite over that yet. And for some reason, I find myself missing Aaron. As much as we like to hate him, he brings a certain...(I'm fishing for a word and I can't seem to find it) quality to the whole story. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I hope there's redemption for Aaron. I would like to see him come back into the story.

I don't know what to make of Luke liking both Rory and Dave. I think Luke was very hurt by Aaron's actions and I don't think he's quite over that yet. And for some reason, I find myself missing Aaron. As much as we like to hate him, he brings a certain...(I'm fishing for a word and I can't seem to find it) quality to the whole story. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I hope there's redemption for Aaron. I would like to see him come back into the story.

It's because every good story needs an antagonist of some kind ... so Aaron is critical to the plot ... and because of that, I don't think we've seen the last of him.

OMG :o I can't believe you ended like this. I really dont know what to expect next, you always amaze me with you writing dom. I really dont know what to say you have turned our world up side down with that whole Luke likes Dave scenario and then to throught the twist at the end of the chapeter where he could still have feelings that are torn between both Dave and Rory. All i can say is that is just not fare the way you doing us dom, just not fare. I used to be 100% LRITE, but i am in love with seth my self :wub: , you turned him into a too good character and i never want him hurt... so i just dont know what to say any more dom, you have rendered me speechless. But do you are super :great: and i want chapter 33 by no later than wednesday, because i fear that i will not be able to make it that long without know what the heck Luke is going to say. I also have to agree Redone

I totally agree. But i loved this chapter and can't wait for DD 33.

later ~ nick

WOWWWWWWWWW

Dom, you are the best...in my all-time favourite writers/authors/whatever that is related to writing, replacing Sidney Seldon...I'm honored to have read your stories, especially DD Chap 32, coz it was like I was there seeing things happened among them & I was in that same kind of "Confusion state" as Rory (though it was not exactly the same, but I was madly confused). You brought back all the memories and the feelings... :worship:

What else can I say???

Ryandy

Dom, you're evil. I know, I know I should be used to your cliffhangers, but that right there was just wrong.

Here here! Ugh, I hate cliffhangers in stories like this. And then you have to wait all that time for another chapter... It's seriously not cool. ~.~

So the whole Dave thing was unexpected. But then, Luke also likes Rory, and not just in a friendly way, if the cliffhanger really is one. Interesting...

I missed the whole LRITE thing, whenever that happened, not that I didn't seriously want Luke and Rory together PS (that's Pre Seth), and maybe I still do. But at the same time I really don't want what would have to happen first; assuming we don't have a happy love triangle, which is nice to think about, but not likely. Grr.

Umm, what does LRITE and SRITE mean? The L and the S must stand for Luke and Seth, respectively, and the R must be Rory. What about the ITE?

Okay, my reaction. I KNEW, as soon as the whole Seth/Luke/Rory triangle took shape, that it would be revealed that Luke liked Dave. I didn't want that, because honestly, I really like Luke and think that he is right for Rory, but I've read all of Dom's stories and I know what a bastard he is. He never gives me what I want! :( Except for his stories, I suppose. I'm so glad I stuck with this one; I really think this is his best (unless he ever picks up Service: Vampire Jarred 2 again. Hint, hint!)

Since Luke is so crazy about Dave, is he going to be given more of a starring role? Will he be given even a little bit more of a presence in the story, at least? Right now, I just feel like Dave is just there; I don't dislike him, but then again, I can't really say I like him, either. I don't know anything about him except that he's Luke's friend and he is obsessed with Angela; how can I form an opinion about him in this case? Not to belabor the point, I'm just saying I'd like to see for myself why Luke (who is a big presence in the story, after all) likes him. That calls for more Rory/Luke/Dave interaction. Yes! Clearly, that's what is needed for the reader to understand Luke's mental and emotional state--more Luke. 0:)

Anyway, fun chapter. It had lots of Luke, :2thumbs: and what could be wrong with that?

Have read neither 32 nor this thread but f**k f**k f**k I'M SUPPOSED TO GO TO SLEEP RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I HAVE A CALCULUS EXAM TOMORROW!!!! AHHHHHHH *goes to read 32 regardless... wishing he hadn't suddenly remembered the cliffhanger from 31* Damn it Dom, you post chapters at REALLY inopportune times (4:20 am here GAH!)

I knew it was DAVE!

well i guess some of my LRITE faith went down the drain.. and im kinda happy.. cause I like Seth. But sad cause.. poor Luke :(

Anyway.. what the hell was up with that last comment? Geez.. talk about cliffhangers.

Personally, though, I think Luke is going to say something about him not liking Seth for Rory.. or maybe he just feels jelous looking at a gay people because he doesn't have a boyfriend.. hmm i just want Luke to be happy.. i mean.. if he was real.. I'll take him. haha.

Somewhere in this chapter.. I really got the feeling that Rory has cheater-tendencies... If he cheats on Seth.. I'll kill him. 0:)

Umm, what does LRITE and SRITE mean? The L and the S must stand for Luke and Seth, respectively, and the R must be Rory. What about the ITE?

LR**E = L*KE Rory In The End (edited for innapprpriate content)

SRITE= Seth Rory In The End

LGAITE= Luke Grandma Alice In The End

Ok, now that I've had time to hink about the story, here's a theory nobody's brought up yet.....

What if Dave realizes now that he's finally with Angela that he's not really as into her as he thought he was??? That might give Luke his opening if Dave could somehow be open minded enough (or curious, I guess) to explore his feelings of friendship for Luke. Obviously, Luke feels some kind of vibe, so maybe there's something there that we haven't seen yet that's going to come out in the next two dozen chapters(please let there be two dozen more chapters 0:) )

Anyway, just a thoght.....