• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, I was spot on about Dave... *looks over his shoulder in search for would-be surprise attackers* I'm scared now!

you say that like lots of people hadn't predicted it 10 chapters ago. you were there. we were there. it was coming. everyone should've seen it. i mean, the gay guy falling in love with his straight best friend is practically a cliche. unfortunately my best friend is a nut job, so that's never happened for me. 0:)

my heart really sank when i found out it was dave whom luke had feelings for..

All the while, i have been carrying hopes that luke and rory will be together but now, it is impossible..

After having read DD32 earlier, i suddenly realised that most of my desire and enthusiasm for following the DD chapters so closely mainly comes from hoping to finally see rory and luke get together..

Now, having the truth finally revealed, everything jus seems so..sad..

=(

:(

I was gonna reply to a couple of posts but i'm lazy so I'll just say this.

There is a lot of pain coming. Not just for us (damn cliffhangers) but for the characters. The next chapter will be the real sign but at the momnent my gut feeling tells me someone is going to get burned. I'm seriosly considering the possibility that Luke will try to steal Rory. I mean, if Seth is right about Luke's behaviour and these signs Rory is seeing are genuine then he's been trying to steal Rory for a while now anyway.

I mean just consider all of this. And there's plenty more in the other chapters as well.

The first time I

I'm thinking that the "... wasn't, completely, wrong." line is referring to Luke feeling jealous when he was Seth and Rory together ... not necessarily because he wants to be the one sucking on Rory's ding-dong like an ice-cold 7-11 Slurpee on a 100 degree summer day, but because Luke 1) feels lonely and wants companionship, and 2) he wants time to spend with Rory before Rory leaves, while Seth is hogging most of that up ... actually, I'm a bit surprised that Eddie hasn't said something about this to Rory, too ... you'd think that Eddie would want to spend more "quality" time with his one and only (and very beautiful) son before he goes back to the evil clutches of Grandma Alice.

One other thing I noticed in this chapter is the impending "driver's license" thing ... I always figured that to be one of the events that came towards the end of the story. It seems like things are starting to build up to a climax, with Rory about to get his driver's license, the "family vacation" coming up in just a few days, the whole Rory/Seth/Luke "feelings" thing coming to a head, etc. Doesn't mean the story will be finished in a couple chapters, but it feels as though it's definitely starting to come to a resolution, perhaps as soon as Ch. 35, although maybe Dom can stretch it out to 40 chapters ... hehe

I'm thinking that the "... wasn't, completely, wrong." line is referring to Luke feeling jealous when he was Seth and Rory together ...

Agreed. Now that Luke has lost his best friend Dave to Angela, he's probably a little miffed at Seth because he's taking away Rory too.

Poor Luke :(

Vic

P.S. - Great Chapter :2thumbs: I think once Rory gets over the shock that Luke doesn't like him, I think he'll start to get a little jealous like 'And what does Dave have that I don't have? What do you mean that Luke isn't attracted to me?' blah blah blah...Which will lead to lots of fun on the 'House of Queers' Vacation.

Another excellent chapter :)

I'm jumping on the 'Rory stays because his Grandmother dies' bandwagon. Seems logical, unless there is a sequel. There is no way this can end with Rory driving off into the sunset.

I'm thinking that the "... wasn't, completely, wrong." line is referring to Luke feeling jealous when he was Seth and Rory together ...

Agreed. Now that Luke has lost his best friend Dave to Angela, he's probably a little miffed at Seth because he's taking away Rory too.

I'd agree too, except for the fact that this wouldn't really be news. Luke already said as much to Rory earlier. And because it was singled out for a cliffhanger, I'm holding out that there's something more behind it than just that...

P.S. - Great Chapter I think once Rory gets over the shock that Luke doesn't like him, I think he'll start to get a little jealous like 'And what does Dave have that I don't have? What do you mean that Luke isn't attracted to me?' blah blah blah...Which will lead to lots of fun on the 'House of Queers' Vacation.

I think so too...even if Luke doesn't like Rory, or continues to SAY that he doesn't, I think the possibility that he might has definitely made Rory more aware of the fact that he might like Luke...and his reaction to the let down, if it comes, might make him more aware....

As disappointing as this chapter was, after making me initially giddy, whatever happens I guess it at least proves that the weird vibes and moments everyone was seeing between Luke and Rory weren't all in our heads.

Still firmly in the LRITE camp (despite loving Seth)

sparrow

PS...if anyone can tell me how to wrap quotes so you can credit whoever posted them, please do, so I can.

andy..the "ite" means "in the end". I think....no, I'm pretty sure. :D

Thanks, redone. That makes sense. Oh, and I guess NickolasJames explained it, too, but I think he called me evil. :P Okay, kidding. Thanks, NickolasJames. I don't think that Rory will end up with Luke; it's what I want to happen, so, unfortunately, it's not what will happen. Like I said, Dom never gives me what I want. The person I believe Rory will end up with is Seth. So, I'm not sure if I'm a LR- or a SR- ITE reader.

Edit: Nevermind.

Edited by andy04
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I hope there's redemption for Aaron. I would like to see him come back into the story.

What have you been smoking ?

Doesn't mean the story will be finished in a couple chapters, but it feels as though it's definitely starting to come to a resolution, perhaps as soon as Ch. 35, although maybe Dom can stretch it out to 40 chapters ... hehe

A little birdie told me that this story was good for another 20+ chapters !!!

Thanks, redone. That makes sense. Oh, and I guess NickolasJames explained it, too, but I think he called me evil. :P Okay, kidding. Thanks, NickolasJames. I don't think that Rory will end up with Luke; it's what I want to happen, so, unfortunately, it's not what will happen. Like I said, Dom never gives me what I want. The person I believe Rory will end up with is Seth. So, I'm not sure if I'm a LR- or a SR- ITE reader.

Edit: Nevermind.

Give in to your inner SRITE.......the LR**E movement is a thing of the past, like the sitcom Joey, which was a spinoff from Friends

What have you been smoking ?

I think there's good in everyone. As much as we all love to hate Aaron, clearly he also has his own issues he must work out.

And by redemption, I don't mean I want him to get back together with Rory or Luke or Seth. I just want to see him become a better person.

If that's the case, I'm not sure my poor nerves could take it ... this story has been such an up and down emotional rollercoaster ... :wacko:

dom has stated (even recently) that the end is nowhere near yet, but people seem to keep thinking that it is. i kinda get more of the 1/3-1/2-2/3 feel of the story right now--somewhere in the middle but we just dont know yet. us wishful thinkers are hoping its more towards the 1/3 point, some of us with fragile nerves are hoping its more towards the 2/3 point. i think as long as he can keep leaving us in evil cliffhangers that scream for more, dd will be able to continue for quite some time. there are many loose ends, not to mention the mass confusion going on right now. :2thumbs: i personally love the evil cliffhangers that leave me hanging--it just makes the next fix that much better :worship:

I think there's good in everyone. As much as we all love to hate Aaron, clearly he also has his own issues he must work out.

And by redemption, I don't mean I want him to get back together with Rory or Luke or Seth. I just want to see him become a better person.

yes, he is very easy to hate and to want a truck to finish him off( 0:) ), but how much louder of a cry for help can you get than drinking yourself to unconciousness,vomiting on yourself(probably multiple times). he needs more help than he can get by having seth give him a ride home and thats the last i'll say on the matter

The climax is going to be the family vacation. It'll settle the relationship between Luke and Rory once and for all. And it will solidify the bond between Eddie and Rory.

Don't you think there's a reason that Dom is getting Luke and Rory together away from Aaron, Seth, and Dave at the very end of the summer?

I'm not sure that knowing someone that well and already dealing with big issues would equal a boring relationship. If anything I think it would be better since you don't have to hide or pretend with the bigger things. I think that Seth and Rory are good together, but it is obvious that there was an element of "what if" with Luke and Rory since Dom put it in the story. But there is a lot of story left. So the dating story line as well as everything else will be interesting to watch unfold.

I think if Seth and Rory were meant to be together then we would have seen it by now.

I agree with the statement, even though I think you meant Luke. There's no magic with Seth, and he needs to go away.

The climax is going to be the family vacation. It'll settle the relationship between Luke and Rory once and for all. And it will solidify the bond between Eddie and Rory.

Don't you think there's a reason that Dom is getting Luke and Rory together away from Aaron, Seth, and Dave at the very end of the summer?

I completely agree. But I also think Seth and Rory's relationship will hit some rocky terrain before than, so that whatever his choice, the temptation's greater.

I agree with the statement, even though I think you meant Luke. There's no magic with Seth, and he needs to go away.

I completely agree. But I also think Seth and Rory's relationship will hit some rocky terrain before than, so that whatever his choice, the temptation's greater.

Dream on :lol: SRITE's forever!!!!!!

Gasps! No magic with Seth?? :o What story have you been reading. I will refer you to Gearoid

you say that like lots of people hadn't predicted it 10 chapters ago. you were there. we were there. it was coming. everyone should've seen it. i mean, the gay guy falling in love with his straight best friend is practically a cliche. unfortunately my best friend is a nut job, so that's never happened for me. 0:)

Well, the whole time during that arguement I only half believed it to be true. I didn't necessarily believe Dave was the one, I just defended that arguement becuase it needed to be defended and there were no (and still aren't) any other plausible possibilities.

I'm still having trouble accepting the fact that anyone actually believes that Rory and Luke are going to end up together in the end.

It just seems like any logical connection is sort of grasping at strings. My impression from the cliff hanger at the end is that Luke might actually have a problem with Seth -- maybe something about the past, with Aaron, or with the car. I really don't know for sure, and I'm thoroughly finished making predictions (even if I may have been right about Luke liking Dave).

I feel like the family vacation is not going to be a Luke/Rory romance blossoming weekend -- it's gonna be a family thing. A Rory/Eddie thing. A "Rory gives serious thought to staying with Eddie, Jase, and Luke -- and most importantly, Seth" type of weekend.

I will say that Dom Luka has had, currently has, and probably will always have me right in the palm of his hand. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

-alan