2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Nature of Life

wep363

Have you ever Felt like living in this world is Kind of like Harry Potter at the Dursleys?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever Felt like living in this world is Kind of like Harry Potter at the Dursleys?

• Yes
    • No

Are people reading this question as:

"Have you EVER felt this way (even once) or not?"

or

"Do you FREQUENTLY feel this way or not?"

I can kind of see how 50% of people might not feel this way frequently, but have 50% of people *NEVER* felt this way?

but have 50% of people *NEVER* felt this way?

I've NEVER felt this way.

hum... To be more accurate, let's say that I have no idea what you could feel in that kind of situation.

Sure, I've already felt miserable but it had nothing to do with living under the stairs with people who hate my guts. O_o

I'm happy that 14 people did think about their lives and responded. Not everyone feels like a stepchild or orphan but many of us do. Some of us are dreamer and feel that we just don't fit in. Others are well adjusted. I have a loving family but i'm treated like a stepchild at every job i've every had!

I think all of us want to see a world that is fair and just. This world sure isn't. But just as with Harry getting out from under the stairs and going to a new world only makes him a target. But he has the power to control his destiny. I've worked my ass of the last 25 years and i'm not any better off then i was 20 years ago. It's good to see that 7 people don't think that their life sucks, and that 7 have hope for something better. And for those of you who didn't vote....thanks for reading the question! :2thumbs:

I dont think I've felt like harry at the Dursleys but I have thought of myself as akin to a wizard in a world full of muggles.

- Muggles consider wizards to be weirdos

- It is unsafe for Wizards to reveal themselves to muggles

- In the old days it was illegal to be a practicing wizard.

Make sense?

Wynter

Whenever I'm pondering the meaning of life, I think more about Dennis Leary than Rowland.

Life's a bitch and then you die. Shut the f* up and get a helmet.

God.. "I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." Hey! Join the f*ing club, ok!? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Socks. Life sucks, get a f**king helmet, allright?! "I'm not happy. I'm not happy." Nobody's happy, ok!? Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate chip cookie, or a five second orgasm. That's it, ok! You cum, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go to f**king work, ok!? That is it! End of f**king list! "

-Dennis Leary

i think spiderman is a better analogy. harry has people who he can talk to them about anything and its not like he needed to hide being a wizard. spiderman has people who loves him but he cant really talk about what he does with his life. plus i always felt sorry for spidy. he was so alone and had no one to talk to about him being a spuer hero. everyone else has some one else. superman had his parents, bruce had alfred, xmen had each other lol, and umm yea... i have a point i just dont know what it is lol.

i think spiderman is a better analogy. harry has people who he can talk to them about anything and its not like he needed to hide being a wizard. spiderman has people who loves him but he cant really talk about what he does with his life. plus i always felt sorry for spidy. he was so alone and had no one to talk to about him being a spuer hero. everyone else has some one else. superman had his parents, bruce had alfred, xmen had each other lol, and umm yea... i have a point i just dont know what it is lol.

hmm maybe the point is that while being gay, lesbian, or bisexual isn't always a recipe for fitting in easily, we're not as isolated as if we were superheros/heroines... And both are cool if you ask me :great::2thumbs: