Quirky Things You Do

Each day, when I get to work, I pass a metal column, and have to rap it with a back fist. It rings nicely. I know I've done this at least 35 years, no matter where I worked, I've back fisted a column each day on arrival at work. Wooden, metal, concrete, doesn't matter.

Not only must food be segregated on the dinner plate, but I eat one thing at a time until it's all gone, then move on to the next.

I don't drink while I'm eating, but when I finish, I'll drain the glass in a heartbeat. In a restaurant, I'll ask the waitress for more tea when I near the end of the food. I usually get an odd look, since the glass is full. Sometimes, I get an objection. Every time, though, by the time she gets back, my glass is empty. This is really funny when the glass is 32 oz..

I fire a gun right handed, and shoot a bow left handed. I fence with a light blade left handed; with a broadsword, I'm right handed. I carve wood right handed, but write left handed, unless I'm at a chalkboard or white board- then I use my right.

I use chopsticks with either hand equally well.

People can always tell when I'm mad. Normally, I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor, but when I'm mad, I don't ever curse. Instead, folks run for a dictionary to find out what I just said.

I murmur jokes in my sleep. In Vietnamese.

• Like 3