Quirky Things You Do

I love raw tomato. I love fried tomato. I love tomato in Bolognese.

But tomato soup is the most revolting creation ever. The person responsible must be beaten and flogged :P

I could not agree with you more. I love tomatoes, but tomato soup makes me gag.

I love tomato soup. and ketchup, and sundried tomatoes and tomatoes cooked into stew and lasagna and anything else you can think of.

Serve me a raw tomato and i will throw it at you.

I love tomatoes (except for tomato soup, of course), my mother in law will only eat tomatoes if there are no discernable chunks of tomato. She loves tomato soup.

• Like 1

No no NO!

Not the answer it's the problem!

If it's stacked wrongly EVERYTHING HAS TO COME OUT AND BE RE-STACKED! :P

I know that, it's the same as the laundry, you gotta put 'em in just right the first time.  I guess we could use foam plates and stuff but then you need to stack those just right in the trash bag.  Anyway, foam don't work very good and forks and knives go right through.  The best thing to eat on foam is pizza.  No forks or knives needed!

You sure you wanna know what happened?

Long story short I was making individual lemon meringues and here's what happened:

1. When making the curd I got distracted by mother-in-law so measured the sugar wrongly (only weighed out 50grams instead of 150grams)

2. When making the curd I got distracted for a second time by mother-in-law so didn't cook out the cornflour properly

3. When dividing the lemon curd into ramekin dishes got bumped by mother-in-law and ended up smashing three ramekins out of a set of six

4. Then I didn't realise that said well-meaning mother-in-law had turned the oven off whille I was trying to pre-heat it

Conseuqences:

Overall disaster.

Very sour lemon curd.

Bits of uncooked cornflour in curd.

Chewy meringue.

Very pale meringue.

Mother-in-law denied her evening glass of sherry :P

Edited by Andy78
  • Like 2

As a kid I loved pickled onion and jam sandwiches, I'm over it now, but when I was about 14 this was the greatest sandwich on earth.

When I'm cooking no-one is allowed in the kitchen, Darren tried to help me once and it was like every time I turned round to grab a knife, he was busy washing it ! Drove me more mental !

I can't walk past the front door at night without making sure it's locked.

• Like 1

I have a lot of food quirks, but the oddest is with spaghetti.  The sauce on one side of the plate, the noodles on the other.  No mixing.  If possible, two separate plates.  I looked up once and found my husbear's kids all staring at me!  All other Italian noodle combinations are fine mixed.

Other than food?  I cannot write or concentrate with my back to a door, ever.  Even a closet or closed (or closed closet) door.  It needs to be in my field of vision, just the corner of my eye is enough.  All the furniture in my house is set up to accommodate this. 

I have a very understanding husbear.  :*)

• Like 1

I will happily eat grape flavored ANYTHING, but I hate grapes and I won't eat them XD. 

I can't stop keeping a beat. I always have a beat in my head, and I tap my feet or drum my fingers to it constantly lol. If I stop moving entirely, I can't think straight 'cause I end up keeping the beat in my head lol.

I've already put this one on my bio, but I think it belongs here too :lol: I feel way more awake at night than at day, even if I've been awake since morning. 

Last one: If a slow song is playing while I'm excited, I need someone to be talking so I don't have to listen. It doesn't matter how much I love the song, I'll go crazy if there's nothing to distract me from it. It feels like my heart's beating too fast, and I start babbling so someone will talk XD

• Like 2

I will happily eat grape flavored ANYTHING, but I hate grapes and I won't eat them XD

Lol same as me XD I'll eat and drink anything that's banana flavoured, but not real bananas XD I smeared lotion on my bolster to sniff on when i sleep. I have to drink cold water, not plain old boring water (unless im really thirsty and there's nothing else to drink), i talk to myself at times, even acting more than one characters, especially if im bored. I like to sing in dif voices, like there's more than one person singing. I love but hate my friends lol XD

• Like 2

The voices in my head tell me to ignore Mann's voices.....

;) 

I have too many quirks to list them all, so I'll just go with the two most people in my life find, uhm, interesting? 

When I get truly upset I'll start swearing - which isn't all that quirky except I'll start swearing in several different languages at once.  I normally don't realize I've switched and have to calm back down before I revert back to speaking English. 

For my second quirk, I usually read 3 or 4 books at the same time.  And I mean literally at the same time - I'll sprawl out in the middle of the floor and have all of them open in front of me, my eyes bouncing from book to book.  I never realized how weird that was until I hit college and found my roommate staring at me befuddled. 

Now the voices in my head are telling me to go make a sandwich....

• Like 2
Guest lilblondbobby

hmm my quirk would be for last 2 1/2 years 6 times a week i go get steak tacos with 2 side of rice to go, when i walk in the only ask how many tacos, when i am not able to make it when they are open for few days, they always ask what happend..lol

btw they are mom and pop shop, they are closed sundays or i would have tacos everydays..

my sister calls it my quirk, since i eat the same items all the time..

ok one more quirk.. i have to keep my keyring hooked to my pants,,if not i can not remeber where i put them

I put ice cubes in my cereal to keep my milk cold, and I can write with both hands.

Being mildly lactose intolerant, I put orange juice in my cereal.  And I like buttermilk biscuit (American/KFC kind) with peanut butter.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

~I like chewing on ice.
~If I'm standing by a door in a public place, I'll most likely hold it open for someone.

~When on a line, if the person behind me complains to himself/herself that they are in a rush (or if they have way fewer items than me) I will let them go ahead of me.

~I'm a big fan of eye contact, so strangers often think I'm interested in them in one way or another.

~I can hummle - whistle and hum at the same time. People usually lean towards one or the other, if at all, and since I like both, I do both.

• Like 1

Hmm, well I sometimes sit down in my shower and let water just pour over me, sometimes for up to 40 minutes....yeah my gas and water bill would make your eyes water.

I like to nibble on my cats ears...oh and I like to fold them back.

I like to sleep outside when I'm drunk, summer or winter.

My favourite underwear are the ones that are the most shabby and worn so my partner has to throw them out when I'm not looking.

I can't sleep without the sound of a ticking clock in the room.

I like mint sauce with beef, chicken, lamb and pork.

Just some there. I probably have a ton more lol

• Like 3

Hmm, well I sometimes sit down in my shower and let water just pour over me, sometimes for up to 40 minutes....yeah my gas and water bill would make your eyes water.

I like to nibble on my cats ears...oh and I like to fold them back.

I like to sleep outside when I'm drunk, summer or winter

My favourite underwear are the ones that are the most shabby and worn so my partner has to throw them out when I'm not looking.

I can't sleep without the sound of a ticking clock in the room.

I like mint sauce with beef, chicken, lamb and pork.

Just some there. I probably have a ton more lol

I love to sleep outside in the winter, drunk or sober:P  I wear jeans until my hubby throws them out because of all the holes and frays.  I love to kiss my dogs ears.  :)

As a teenager, before I poured water, I had to bump the glass three times on the palm of my hand.

Ate food drenched in vinegar – where others will take swigs out of the milk bottle in the fridge, I would take a swig from the vinegar bottle – fried eggs swimming in vinegar, and afterwards drinking the vinegar…

When going to sleep, the bedroom must be in utter darkness, so dark that I literally can’t see my hand in front of my eyes.

Don’t ask me to quickly come watch something on TV – I won’t. I don’t own a TV :) I watch DVD’s on my laptop if I feel the need for a movie…

French fries and cheese-curls I eat with a fork...only braai'ed (BBQ-ed) ribs and chops I can handle with my hands, but with a damp cloths closeby 

Lastly: I can’t read a GA story (or any other story) on the net. It have to be downloaded and pasted into Word. As I read the story I just can’t help but to proofread at the same time (whether asked to do so or not,) highlighting etc. as I plod along – except where I find the author, editor and beta were just careless; then and only then I will just discard a story and steer clear of that author’s work :P

• Like 2

As a teenager, before I poured water, I had to bump the glass three times on the palm of my hand.

Ate food drenched in vinegar – where others will take swigs out of the milk bottle in the fridge, I would take a swig from the vinegar bottle – fried eggs swimming in vinegar, and afterwards drinking the vinegar…

When going to sleep, the bedroom must be in utter darkness, so dark that I literally can’t see my hand in front of my eyes.

Don’t ask me to quickly come watch something on TV – I won’t. I don’t own a TV :) I watch DVD’s on my laptop if I feel the need for a movie…

French fries and cheese-curls I eat with a fork...only braai'ed (BBQ-ed) ribs and chops I can handle with my hands, but with a damp cloths closeby 

Lastly: I can’t read a GA story (or any other story) on the net. It have to be downloaded and pasted into Word. As I read the story I just can’t help but to proofread at the same time (whether asked to do so or not,) highlighting etc. as I plod along – except where I find the author, editor and beta were just careless; then and only then I will just discard a story and steer clear of that author’s work :P

Now, that's what I call quirks :o:P

• Like 1