Pilot made for Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time

Daddydavek

The Verge reports a pilot from the prologue of the first book of the Wheel of Time was aired last night on FX.

The article can be found at this link:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/9/8008387/wheel-of-time-pilot-fxx

The pilot is embedded in the story and it contains all the commercials that aired with it.   The pilot is also available on YouTube with the commercials too and the link directly to it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNYIEN1vIg#t=20

as if we haven't suffered enough from the immature behavior of the WoT cast (main characters). :pissed::rolleyes:

But maybe the manuscript writers can get rid of the agonizing pages of indecisive drivel and retain the awesome creation of the world itself with its diverse nations / ethnic groups and epic background and plot.

That was awful, just awful, to watch. Pretty senseless, too. Would you buy a series based on this pilot? That is the question studios would have to ask themselves. You know what my answer would be. Another production company, with a different vision, might serve the story better.

I was unimpressed myself, but then again the prologue to the first book was more than a bit vague too.   Hopefully, as they get into the story they can highlight the interesting world Jordan created without the endless repetitive drivel that TM referred to.  When I read the books, I used to skim through the uninteresting parts, especially the parts where they went on and on covering the same old stuff with the Sisters etc.  

I gave up around book six or seven, and I hated most of the main cast after book three. For later books I'd go to Amazon and read the rants and enjoy the voting for Most Annoying WoT Character Award and the various suggestion for Jordan about seeing a shrink, grow up, or get an editor with balls enough to call him on his infantile character non-development.

And it's such a waste of one of the most awesome fantasy worlds ever created. It was almost a relief when he passed away. No more torture... :no:

Edited by Timothy M.