Notifications

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

• Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, Cia said:

This should be working. You went here: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/settings/ and toggled all the switches for favorite stories and authors to green? Made sure you hit save?

I did. I even tried it a few times to see if it would 'kick in'. All I'm getting are my favourite stories. I tried it again just now - still not working.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I did. I even tried it a few times to see if it would 'kick in'. All I'm getting are my favourite stories. I tried it again just now - still not working.

Yep - I'm still having the same problem. I can get my favourite stories (which I don't want) and not my favourite authors (which I do want).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cia said:

This should be working. You went here: https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/settings/ and toggled all the switches for favorite stories and authors to green? Made sure you hit save?

I have Favorite Stories Off and these three on:

Show favorite authors?
Show story editors?
Show story beta readers?

Both editors and beta readers show on my profile, but not Favorite Authors.

Are you saying it isn't this bug listed in Myr's official post: 

• Manage Followed Content - Story Authors Database error. Fix: TBD
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

No, I didn't say it wasn't on the list, but I thought it was something that had been cleared in the last update. I was just making sure all the settings were toggled off/on and then tried to save again. Never hurts to verify in case the update "fixes" the issue but you have to reset stuff to get it to work the way it did before.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Cia said:

No, I didn't say it wasn't on the list, but I thought it was something that had been cleared in the last update. I was just making sure all the settings were toggled off/on and then tried to save again. Never hurts to verify in case the update "fixes" the issue but you have to reset stuff to get it to work the way it did before.

OK, that makes sense. I thought I might have misinterpreted the bug list and mistakenly told Reader it was already noted. 

btw did you notice Lux's recently posted chapter (which was meant to be unpublished) is readable? I sent him a PM, in case he made a mistake, but I don't think he's back online yet.

Lux has arrived and will take it down - nope, he just told me he can't do it without tech support. :( 

Edited by Timothy M.
update on Lux chapter
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

OK, that makes sense. I thought I might have misinterpreted the bug list and mistakenly told Reader it was already noted. 

btw did you notice Lux's recently posted chapter (which was meant to be unpublished) is readable? I sent him a PM, in case he made a mistake, but I don't think he's back online yet.

I didn't notice that, but we know that stories and chapters being posted unpublished are randomly publishing. Even if the content is then manually unpublished, it then republishes again. Also, post-dated stories are appearing in the chapter list (with the purple clock) but of course they're not openable, which makes readers think it's a bug, which isn't how it's supposed to work. I'm posting my content live to avoid the issues for now. 

• Like 1

Like others I don't get notifications on comments on stories and I don't get email notifications at all. I tried with different settings, but neither works. Once the problem is solved, would somebody please be so kind and let me know the exact settings for onsite notifications AND email notifications. I'm desperate meanwhile. Thank you.

• Site Administrator
30 minutes ago, Dolores Esteban said:

Like others I don't get notifications on comments on stories and I don't get email notifications at all. I tried with different settings, but neither works. Once the problem is solved, would somebody please be so kind and let me know the exact settings for onsite notifications AND email notifications. I'm desperate meanwhile. Thank you.

The only thing I'm getting email notifications on right now are PM messages. There are some major bugs basically affecting any Stories content you follow (including your own), making all notifications relating to that broken. I am getting on-site notifications if someone likes a chapter/story, but that's it. I have to go check each story for comments directly.

• Like 3

My Grid&Dice prompt story went live today (April 1st 12 am). It shows as the newest story on the bottom of the main story page. :) However, it is not on the New stories list or on the Story Actions list. :( None of my followers seems to have gotten a notification - but I guess that's because the notifications went out when I uploaded the story.  

I think Renee's advice about not uploading stories until they are ready to publish is probably the best thing to do.

Tim, I did get notification on the story a second time sometime after I went to sleep last night. Was there when I got up. 

Thank, Kitt, that's good to know. :hug: 

Edited by Timothy M.
add message from Kitt