• Site Administrator

Lol, I snuck in a tag for the Calgary Flames on this topic :gikkle: Even though I know they don't have a hope in hell against the Ducks :(

So every few years I have a hockey pool for the NHL Playoffs. This is totally for fun!! It costs nothing and even the non-hockey watcher can win! Previous winners have had not the first idea of hockey, the cities or the teams, but they entered just for the fun. This year I will be offering up a 6-month Premium Membership for you, or you can donate to a person on the site you want to give it too.

So here is it works....the playoffs start tomorrow night, all teams will have at least 3 games under their belts before the cut off of Easter Monday, April 17, 2017, at 11:59 PM MST. Once everyone has their picks in, it is time to sit back and hurl insults at each other :P Hopefully there are no Edmonton fans in here. 0:)

It is pretty simple, here are the brackets for this year:

nhl.jpg.3065b90f316fb61deaf339fd3023bafd.jpg

Seem intimidating, it isn't :P.

All I'm looking for is who is going to win each match up. Then who will win the next and then make it to the Stanley cup finals and finally the winners. Each series is the best of 7 games. Please add a guess on how many games you think the winning team will win in, just in case of a tie (which we have never had before I think :unsure: )

So example is:

WEST Conference Round 1

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators - Chicago in 4

Minnesota Wild vs. St. Louis Blues -

etc.

EAST Conference Round 1

Washington Capitals vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - Washington in 4

Ottawa Senators vs Boston Bruins -

etc.

WEST Conference Round 2

Winner of the West Semifinal 1 against the West Semifinal 2 in how many games

Now that seems like a lot of typing, so copy and paste this in for your entry. Just fill in the ?: 

WEST Conference Round 1

1. Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators - ??? in ? games

2. Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues - ??? in ? games

3. Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames - ??? in ? games

4. Edmonton Oilers vs San Jose Sharks - ??? in ? games

EAST Conference Round 1

5. Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers - ??? in ? games

6. Ottawa Senators vs Boston Bruins - ??? in ? games

7. Washington Capitals vs Toronto Maple Leafs - ??? in ? games

8. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets - ??? in ? games         

WEST Conference Round 2

1. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2 - ??? in ? games

2. Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4 - ??? in ? games

EAST Conference Round 2

3. Winner of 5 vs Winner of 6 - ??? in ? games

4. Winner of 7 vs Winner of 8 - ??? in ? games

WEST Final

1. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2-  ??? in ? games

EAST Final

2 Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4 - ??? in ? games 

STANLEY CUP FINALS

Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2 - ??? in ? games

Points are awarded for guessing the winner of each series, correct guesses are awarded 5 points each. Only in case of a tie at the very end will I go back and look at the winner in how many games for each series.

Once again, this is for FUN!!! The more people who join, the more the fun! Sign up yourself and talk to your friends and get them to sign up too!

Picking is now open :)

• Like 3

After the disappointment of last year, it's good to see 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs and probably a relief for the NHL. I can't see any team from here winning the Stanley Cup, but I'll fill out my guesses and try to be realistic. As much as I'd like to see it happen, only a complete idiot would pick the Maple Leafs to beat Washington, so I'm going against my team and hope that I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Dodger said:

After the disappointment of last year, it's good to see 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs and probably a relief for the NHL. I can't see any team from here winning the Stanley Cup, but I'll fill out my guesses and try to be realistic. As much as I'd like to see it happen, only a complete idiot would pick the Maple Leafs to beat Washington, so I'm going against my team and hope that I'm wrong.

I agree. My team, the Flames, don't really have much of a chance of winning a game in Anaheim. They have only one once in the Honda Centre in last 26 regular season games. I guess the optimism I have is that they have some new faces that could help them out in this series.

I should mention, don't forget you get a 3 game 'wait and see' head start before you have to pick :)

Also, I don't participate :( but I do post my picks.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, wildone said:

I should mention, don't forget you get a 3 game 'wait and see' head start before you have to pick :)

I enjoyed the game tonight but not the ending of course. Might not need the 3 game wait and see with the Leafs, but I'll cheer on every Canadian team (even the Habs). So I'll be hoping the Flames can break their 26 game duck against Anaheim tonight. Sorry for the pun.

• Like 2

*watches you all cheering for Canadian teams from Vancouver.*

We. Suck. So. Much. Sorry Canada, we let you down yet again. 

WEST Conference Round 1

1. Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators - Chicago in 6

2. Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues - St. Louis in 5

3. Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames - Anaheim in 5

4. Edmonton Oilers vs San Jose Sharks - SJ in 6

EAST Conference Round 1

5. Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers - Montreal in 7

6. Ottawa Senators vs Boston Bruins - Boston in 5

7. Washington Capitals vs Toronto Maple Leafs - Caps in 5

8. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets - Pittsburgh sweeps it in 4       

WEST Conference Round 2

1. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2 - Chicago in 6

2. Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4 - Anaheim in 5

EAST Conference Round 2

3. Winner of 5 vs Winner of 6 - Boston in 6

4. Winner of 7 vs Winner of 8 - Pittsburgh in 7

WEST Final

1. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2-  Chicago in 6

EAST Final

2 Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4 - Pittsburgh in 5

STANLEY CUP FINALS

Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2 - Pittsburgh in 6

• Like 1

WEST Conference Round 1

1. Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators - Chicago in 7 games

2. Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues - St. Louis in 5 games

3. Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames - Anaheim in 5 games

4. Edmonton Oilers vs San Jose Sharks - Edmonton in 6 games

EAST Conference Round 1

5. Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers - Montreal in 7 games

6. Ottawa Senators vs Boston Bruins - Ottawa in 6 games

7. Washington Capitals vs Toronto Maple Leafs - Toronto in 7 games

8. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets - Pittsburgh in 5 games         

WEST Conference Round 2

1. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2 - Chicago in 7 games

2. Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4 - Edmonton in 7 games

EAST Conference Round 2

3. Winner of 5 vs Winner of 6 - Montreal in 6 games

4. Winner of 7 vs Winner of 8 - Pittsburgh in 6 games

WEST Final

1. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2-  Chicago in 7 games

EAST Final

2 Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4 - Montreal in 6 games 

STANLEY CUP FINALS

Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2 - Montreal in 7 games

Hope that I'm not too late. I'm either optimistic or stupid, but I've gone for a Canadian winner for the country's 150th birthday. :unsure:

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Missed it as well for the Brackets, but I have high hopes that the Washington Capitals will beat the Pens in seven.

As a Lightning Fan, I'm happy Boston and Toronto went out in the first round. Couldn't have happened to two better teams.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

:o

I came on here the night of the of the 17th, and hung out till midnight, and nobody came out to play by the deadline :(

I haven't been back since :unsure:

In a way, I'm kind of silently cheering for Nashville to win the whole thing. I think the cup can visit Tennessee for a year :P

• Like 3
17 hours ago, wildone said:

I came on here the night of the of the 17th, and hung out till midnight, and nobody came out to play by the deadline :(

I didn't see this topic on time but my team sucked so I am looking for Another team to support for the next season ;)   :Steve2: 

Edited by Slytherin
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I know it is only Game 1, but the underdogs won in both series, Nashville and Ottawa :o

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sad I haven't been on to see this. But my boys are up 2-0! Never would've thought back to back was possible, but we've given ourselves a shot! I'm trying to go to game 5! Let's go pens!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hunter Thomson said:

Now that, my friend, was sheer dumb luck. :P

Hey, as a diehard pens fan I'm cool with you just getting the team right! But congrats!

• Like 1