*Lets out deep sigh* Thank you. I can breathe again. To all those who gave up SOOTB, this chapter may undo some of the damage from the scarring. Maybe. How far do you plan on taking this LB? Are we nearing the end?

//shadows

*Lets out deep sigh* Thank you. I can breathe again. To all those who gave up SOOTB, this chapter may undo some of the damage from the scarring. Maybe. How far do you plan on taking this LB? Are we nearing the end?

//shadows

I totally agree. The possibilities of how dark this story could have gone after chapt.11 were playing out in my mind. Thanks for putting the story back on the rails, at least from my perspective, again. :great:

You write well. It sure keeps me on the edge of my seat. :worship:

Edited by ex52tech

I guess I am going to have to stop calling you "Little Beelzebub Taiwan", because this chapter was great! :P

On a more serious note, I was dreading that it would be a detailed account of Connor's continuing ordeal at the hands of the rapist. Had it been so, it would not have spoiled the story for me, but I'd have almost certainly skipped over those parts. I was delighted to see the jump ahead in time.

I really, really liked the Vipaka received by a certain parent... :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

(yep, "seeking Nirvana" inspired me to do some research!) :2thumbs:

<exhale> Okay, that went much, much better than I could have hoped. The introductory device was a very clever way to ease into things, and I'm extraordinarily glad that Connor's coping okay, and the ... uglier ... possibilities have been deftly eliminated.

[Note to self: trust the author, he knows what he's doing... :worship: ]

I'm back in my happy place again :D ; there's still a long road to travel for Connor, but he's away from those who hurt him, he has people who love him and won't leave him, and -- most importantly -- he realises this.

I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out now, and the thought that there's at least another dozen chapters of writerly goodness to looking forward to is just icing on the cake.

-- Pete

The mumma is dead. Good.

But the problems aren't gone that he may be gone, now I'm hoping that Maggie will adopt him. I know it has to be...otherwise the story doesn't fit right without Ryan in the picture.

Good chapter. I find it more pleasing and entertaining. :D

I really enjoyed this story! It feels like Connor really made huge steps in all his friendships and it seems like he and Ryan have never been better :2thumbs:

I was pleased that he also seems to readily be getting over any guilt or feeling of weakness. It's also a good sign that he's interested in restoring sexual function. I'd say my biggest concern was that he'd have some sort of dreadful STD so I was very relieved to learn the perpetrator had used a condom.

It felt good to hear Connor expressing to Mikey exactly what had bothered me about the whole Toby/Mikey, Toby/Cody situation. I'm still very torn as to who I think Toby's going to end up with and who I want Toby to end up with. Unfortunately we've got an odd number of gay boys on our hands so someone is going to be left out. Personally my theory is that Toby/Cody well last for awhile then play itself out and in the end Toby and Mikey will get together.....dare I say it?? I think I'm a TMITE :P:boy:

In the chapter 10 thread Steve (Rabble Rouser) had stated that he thought Ryan and Connor's relationship was in more peril from Toby than from Cody. Now that the mess with Cody seems to have been sorted out (I really don't anticipate him being any more of a threat to them), I find the Toby problem more compelling. Toby is still by all accounts not over Connor, and he isn't even hiding it. I find it a little odd that Ryan is so comfortable with the whole situation, but I assume that this is indicative of very high degree of trust present in his and Toby's relationship. Indeed I still can't see Toby screwing Ryan over like that (regardless of how Connor feels), so I still don't expect any actual infidelity with Toby. However, I can see Toby's continuing fixation causing problems. EVENTUALLY, I would speculate, Ryan's bound to get jealous.

So my theory for how all this is going to play out is: We're not totally out of the woods yet as far as Connor and Ryan's relationship goes. Once the issue with Toby is resolved THEN I think he'll (Toby) move into a relationship with Cody (I think it possible that no more concrete resolution with will happen between Toby and Connor, and perhaps he'll just accept it and move on to Cody on his own....but I doubt it). Toby and Cody won't last, for whatever reason, then he'll end up with Mikey. But I could be wrong there, perhaps Toby/Cody (whose names I find very cute together!) will work out and Mikey'll find someone else **shrugs**

I think the next major issue is definitely going to be what happens with Connor's living arrangements. I would have thought it natural to assume that he'd move in with the McCormacks, but for whatever reason this hasn't been suggested by them. I orginally held the opinion that in all likelihood Maggie had suggested this to the CPS, but simply wanted it to be mentioned among all the other options so that Connor could choose on his own. I still think there's a chance of that; however, another possibility is that either Maggie or Ryan doesn't think it would be good for their relationship to formally live together at this stage, or perhaps there's concern that it would be too hard on Toby. Either way I wish Connor would ask one of them about it! I guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out.

I found this part of chapter 12, right after Ryan's explained his reaction to the Cody situation, quite interesting:

"Yeah, I guess so," I sighed. But I still wished he'd start telling me how he felt about things a little sooner from now on, instead of waiting for something dramatic to happen in order to get him to open his mouth. I was his boyfriend, so why couldn't he confide in me?

I immediately thought, "well you're not confiding in him about your trepidation regarding your future living arrangements", but assumed Connor was completely unaware of this disparity, however then right at the end:

I eventually fell asleep in Ryan's warm embrace, his sweet scent filling my nostrils, feeling happy and safe in the knowledge that the next day I would be going "home" -- even if it was only temporary -- and that I was loved. That was something I hadn't felt in a long, long time.

so it seems extremely ironic and hypocritical that the very next thought in Connor's head regards his own omission.

Anyway this was an excellent chapter! And I definitely feel much better about everything now :) I can't wait to read the next one.

Take care and have a wonderful day everyone,

Kevin

Yowzers ... that was some analysis there, Kevin! :blink:

I think you may read each chapter even closer than Kitty and I do! :lol:

J/K

I'm looking forward to seeing how some of your questions/concerns get answered. I sure hope it doesn't take tooooo long ... *whistles innocently* 0:)

very good chapter .. from here on i dont know where things can go.. im hoping conners recovery and where toby and codys relationship goes and what happens with mikey and conner being friends

it's nice that you have your own section on the forum now^^ congratulations !

I really like that story, the characters are very cute and you get attached to them quite quickly.

Like a lot of readers, I was dreading this chapter, I'm glad you did not overdetail the violent scene, I am in an oversensitive period (I have a hard time with violence anyway), then again, I'd do like I do sometimes: read one out of four lines to "skip" the unbearable part... Anyway, huge sense of relief now that this chapter has come out!

I really like the idea of the buddist friend, you have enlarged the possiblities of your plot thanks to that friend from outside the Ryan's circle, a very welcomed addition to my taste.

Ryan feels a little too perfect to me sometimes, so understanding and all, but then again, he has quite a lot catching up to do since he was such an ass**** at some of the earlier chapters... And if he were to revert back to that rejection time, I would so want to beat him up... I guess my feelings on the topic are paradoxal, so don't mind me ^^;;;

So the story is bound to be quite longer... Now I dread what will happen to connor and where he will be placed... In a way, I tend to think it can't be worse than his mom but who knows what you'll come up with >_<

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THE STUFF THAT HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am still having problems comprihending most of the things that went on in the past two chapters. But i can't believe that his mom died... that is so good?!?!?! well i mean it is bad... but kinda good for him. I am just wondering where you are gonna place him. I still can't decide if you are gonna go with the obvious or pull out a big twist. You work in mysterious ways all mighty buddha!!!

later ~ nick :read:

I am kind of worried. What is going to happen with Conner? Where will he go? Will he finally be away from all the abuse? Will he be safe? Will Ryan and Conner still be able to together like they have been. *sigh*

So many questions... I hope they will be answered soon. :P

Great Job David, you are a great guy. :hug:

Kurt :D

Just to say--BRILL story--well done--can't wait for the next chapter!!!

Oh you couldn't keep that list of stories that you liked on your new site here--i had already read alot of them, but some i hadnt gotten round to yet :)

have fun writing!