Why Can't I see Author Banners in the Author List?

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

• Site Administrator

@Timothy M. First, I separated this from the other topic as Author list has nothing to do with Signatures.  Please keep each question in this forum to a single topic, per the instructions posted at the top of the forum.

The images in that list are hosted off from Amazon Web Services, so it is possible that they aren't loading properly for you at some point.  They work fine here right now.  Are you still seeing the issue?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Myr said:

What aren't you seeing?

bug.thumb.JPG.125516915cdc8122f97b91a83de6d07f.JPG

Just to the left of the text starting A proud father of four...  there is a small square space and instead of a picture there is an image logo and the text Author Logo. I can't figure out how to make a circle in the image above - but are you not seeing the same as I do?

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Site Administrator

It's not just Tim.  I can't see the author logo either.  I can see the banners, but as Tim said, to the left of the text I see a box with the words 'author logo' instead of a picture.  I use a laptop with Windows 10 and Chrome. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

That appears to be a bug because the author logo shouldn't be there.  I've removed it and sent a note to the programmer to update the code.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Myr said:

That appears to be a bug because the author logo shouldn't be there.  I've removed it and sent a note to the programmer to update the code.

:facepalm:  - so I wasn't not seeing something meant to be there, but seeing something not meant to be there. Shows how rarely I visit that list. :*) 

I'm glad it seemed an easy fix once we were looking in the same place. And I'm pleased Val was seeing it too. I actually restarted my laptop to see if that would fix it.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

My confusion came in from "missing banner" and seeing the two banners that should have been there.  I did not notice the text for a third.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Myr said:

My confusion came in from "missing banner" and seeing the two banners that should have been there.  I did not notice the text for a third.

:huh: I'm not sure how the banner came into the topic since I was asking about the author logo in a topic about signatures. :unsure: 

But I'm glad we managed to get past the confusion, and next time I'll make a new topic if I have a question. :*)