Looking for story "Gift of Ys"

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Hello!
Years and years ago a friend had given me copypasted chapters of a story titled "The Gift of Ys". It was incomplete then and I wanted to see if the author had added to it or even finished it. The author's name was Jae Monroe, and I don't know what domain/website it was from.

It's a sort of political gay romance set in a medieval/ancient fantasy world (though without magic or mythical races/creatures), in which men are sorted in "little brothers" (Darani) and "big brothers" (Dajani) according to their physical stature, and that determines their social role and status. The main character Isidore is married off to the ruler of a larger and more powerful country for political reasons and has to try and settle into his new life at a court where he has no say in anything.

I have 14 chapters of it (almost 300 pages in the format my friend used - about 134200 words).

If anyone here has heard of it or could give me a hint where to look, I would be very grateful.

• Like 1

Well, I began reading the story earlier and it's now 3:35 a.m. and I've finally finished. I'm sad that the author didn't write more of the story. While the story wasn't near perfection it was interesting (specifically the dialogue), and that held my attention through what was written.