My Anthology Project: The Half-Elven Warlock: An Urban Fantasy Tale

Quoting myself from my blog:

Fall 2017 Anthology - Secret Spaces

I am writing a story for this anthology. It's currently titled "The Half-Elven Warlock: An Urban Fantasy Tale". The story is about Devin, a half-elf from our Modern World, coming into his self at age 18, and dealing with issues from his days at the private, prestigious, all male boarding school St. Mithras in Washington D.C.; being in a single parent home; learning of his otherworldly origins; a chance encounter on an Amtrak Auto Train; and getting his powers in a unique way. And what happens from there.

I'm shooting for at least 15K - 25K words, for this one shot story.

I'm currently at ~7,500 Words and 2 chapters. The first chapter takes place on the Amtrak Auto Train from Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA.

A sneak peak of Chapter 1

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Story is now posted as a regular project.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I love the description of what you're writing.  I don't have time to check it out right now, but I've added it to my list.  :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Myr said:

I love the description of what you're writing.  I don't have time to check it out right now, but I've added it to my list.  :)

Thank you, Myr. Looking forward to any feedback, you (or anyone else) has. :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/22/2017 at 9:00 AM, BHopper2 said:

Quoting myself from my blog:

I'm currently at ~7,500 Words and 2 chapters. The first chapter takes place on the Amtrak Auto Train from Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA.

A sneak peak of Chapter 1.

Let me know what you think!

i liked! can't wait for more. well, yes i'll wait, but don't wanna :P 

• Like 1