Okay fellow human beings of the site.

I have always enjoyed being given writing prompts, and judging from how awesome some of the stories I have read on this site are, I know you guys would probably give the BEST writing prompts!! SO I am hoping to find on this thread a couple of prompts that I can make into short stories, and the three best ones come January (I will post a list of the prompts and we can have some sort of a vote) will become my next three on-going stories (and the ppl who suggest them shall be the beta readers and co-authors).

SO Let's see what you guys come up with (:

• Like 1

Hi Matthew,

You've posted this topic on a Friday, which is prompt day. See the featured staff blog post and there are two prompts ready and waiting. In fact, there is a separate forum for prompts which can be found here .

I love doing prompts - they allow me to experiment in all parts of ways. :)

• Like 2

What @northie said. The GA staff has some great Prompt ideas, and I have an entire collection dedicated to Prompts from that forum.

BUT!!!! If you're looking for a prompt that's different from there,  here is a couple:

A. Space, the final frontier. These are the stories of... what in the world is that coming out of the ocean? It's monsters... from where?

B. Laundry Day, in the college dorm room. Your roommate is a hundred times smarter than you, but you're practically family after being roomies for four years. They confess, this laundry day, that they are madly in love with you.