[dkstories] Doing It Right - Chapter 10

Davey's doing it right ... way to stand up to that idiot Dr. Darnell, Davey!!!! :2thumbs:

Excellent chapter, Dan. As most people know, sequels usually aren't as good as the original, but as DOR and DIR have shown, the whole saga just keeps getting better. It's fascinating to imagine all of the different ways things could have turned out, and how things could turn out in the future ... and that small, seemingly inconsequential events can wind up being of national and even international importance.

Can't wait to read Chapter 11 ... although since Dan has threatened to shoot me (twice) with a tranquilizer gun, I may be unconscious when it's posted ... *sigh* :P

Buddha

• Site Administrator

Great chapter Dan! I enjoyed it. I'm glad Davey and his father are getting along so well. And I'm glad Davey is standing up for his foster bro.

Myr

Can't wait to read Chapter 11 ... although since Dan has threatened to shoot me (twice) with a tranquilizer gun, I may be unconscious when it's posted ... *sigh* :P

Well, I suppose one could argue that shooting you with a tranq gun is at least a little improvement from his previous threats to fly to Taiwan to torture your cats, then hunt you down... :D:D:D

I loved this chapter! Spoilers below, just highlight the text to see.

So, Sean is now living with Davey! THAT could get very interesting, especially as they have already been nearly (or maybe have been) overheard discussing time travel.

I really loved Davey's speech in front of the cameras, as well!

As for Jeremy... I wonder more and more why he's not on AZT? Is that part of the plot? As I recall, Davey's nudging resulted in AZT being in use by this timeframe, in previous timelines. Also, as someone mentioned, AZT was already around, just not used for aids, well before that time.

I've got two guesses here.. One is that Dan either didn't know or chose not to use the fact that AZT existed at that time (Dan can't be expected to know everything about everything) OR, the issue will be addressed in some future chapter.

Well, I suppose one could argue that shooting you with a tranq gun is at least a little improvement from his previous threats to fly to Taiwan to torture your cats, then hunt you down... :D:D:D

I loved this chapter! Spoilers below, just highlight the text to see.

So, Sean is now living with Davey! THAT could get very interesting, especially as they have already been nearly (or maybe have been) overheard discussing time travel.

I really loved Davey's speech in front of the cameras, as well!

As for Jeremy... I wonder more and more why he's not on AZT? Is that part of the plot? As I recall, Davey's nudging resulted in AZT being in use by this timeframe, in previous timelines. Also, as someone mentioned, AZT was already around, just not used for aids, well before that time.

I've got two guesses here.. One is that Dan either didn't know or chose not to use the fact that AZT existed at that time (Dan can't be expected to know everything about everything) OR, the issue will be addressed in some future chapter.

And in DO1/2, protease inhibitors had already been started... unless that wasn't in the letter given to the president...

ooorrrrr dan may be really super and make a cure? :P

great chapter dan i really loved it.... made me feel good to see davey kick some darnell ass :D

-Brax

I rather thought that Jeremy's death could also have some kind of purpose to the story. Even if just showing that life is not fair and that Davey is not God no matter how "right" he does this time.

I don't know. It's just the way I felt it.

I rather thought that Jeremy's death could also have some kind of purpose to the story. Even if just showing that life is not fair and that Davey is not God no matter how "right" he does this time.

I don't know. It's just the way I felt it.

That's a very good point.

Also I've seen the comments about Jeremy and AZT...I was supposed to put in there that he had a bad reaction to AZT (one of the side effects causing anemia) and couldnt' take the drug...

The above is from Dan's blog, and answers the AZT question... I have a hunch, though, that we will be seeing more of Davey interacting with Doctor Grayson (from DO) as he's already been mentioned in DIR. Just a hunch, but I don't see Davey and Sean sitting on the sidelines doing nothing (on the medical side). Even if so, that does not contradict Xandra's above speculation, as even with today's (2005) treatments, all too many still die from AIDS.

as even with today's (2005) treatments, all too many still die from AIDS.

I don't know where you live but there must one hell of a jet lag between you and me because I'm already in 2006. :P

(awww, that was mean. ^^)

To develop a little what I was saying, so far Davey had all he wanted work even more that he would have guess. Seriously just take a minute to compare his original life and this one.

Yeah... wow...

But you can't always win, no matter how old you are and how much you know. And I guess, I'd be a tiny bit disapointed (really tiny because I don't really enjoy reading about teenagers dying) if Jeremy was to survive. It would sounds a bit too much like a fairy tale.

I don't know where you live but there must one hell of a jet lag between you and me because I'm already in 2006. :P

(awww, that was mean. ^^)

ERK!! Ahhh, well, this is the internet, so I can't admit I was wrong, soooo..... OK, It's like this: I live in a very remote area, and we are behind in a lot of ways, including the calander... Or, hmmmm, how about this:

It's all dkstories's fault! He writes about time travel, so reading it naturally causes temporal confusion....

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

To develop a little what I was saying, so far Davey had all he wanted work even more that he would have guess. Seriously just take a minute to compare his original life and this one.

Yeah... wow...

But you can't always win, no matter how old you are and how much you know. And I guess, I'd be a tiny bit disapointed (really tiny because I don't really enjoy reading about teenagers dying) if Jeremy was to survive. It would sounds a bit too much like a fairy tale.

That's a very good point... But, poor Jeremy! He got AIDS via a blood transfusion, and his family kicked him out, and now this! The question as I see it is: is Dan really cruel enough to kill him? Hmmmm... This is the same Dan who killed off Brian... Three times! Uhoh... Jeremy's a goner... :(

(sorry, couldn't resist 0:) )

I fully agree with your original point that for fiction to be realistic, there has to be both the good and the bad. I still hope Jeremy makes it though.

Davey's doing it right ... way to stand up to that idiot Dr. Darnell, Davey!!!! :2thumbs:

Excellent chapter, Dan. As most people know, sequels usually aren't as good as the original, but as DOR and DIR have shown, the whole saga just keeps getting better. It's fascinating to imagine all of the different ways things could have turned out, and how things could turn out in the future ... and that small, seemingly inconsequential events can wind up being of national and even international importance.

Buddha

I second the motion above! Dan's sequels keep getting better and better.

Religious fanatics always weirded me out :( It seems that they take pleasure in getting the fun out of life :blink: It's bad enough they're doing it to themselves, but to impose one's values above the other? :angry:

Besides, if they really forwarding Christian values like they claim to be, where's the "love thy neighbour" value? Fanatics like Dr. Darnell excells in feeling morally superior. He would destroy Jeremy's last months of life to get to Davey's dad? :angry:

My heart was beating fast when I read about the announcement and the subsequent incidents. I think Davey did a GREAT job. Not only in doing damage control, but to reverse the tide. That bastard in the name of God didn't even realize that he's running on Davey's palm. Davey pretty much directed all his movements with his "nudges"

GAWD!!! It's SOOOOO satisfying to see Darnell losing words. I smiled at his feeble attempts at grasping whatever straws are around to salvage his "tide". The tide has tuned. Wow. I dunno how to describe this, but I was so hooked up and smiled reading how Davey tool down each of Darnell's points. From AIDS to Jeremy to Davey's dad.

Well, the battle has begun and I feel that Davey's coming out is not faraway. But Damn! I LOVE seeing darnell got nailed like that. Everything going to be vicious from now on. Since both Davey and his dad pretty much swore that by the time the two of them finished dealing with Darnell and Rule Sr. The two bigots would really suffer.

I smell blood......Lots of blood :devil::devil:

Cheers!

Rad

To think I missed out on this story because of my irritation at the end of DD and DOR...well, i'm back.

Nitpick: Dais Girl was 1964 and sank Goldwater, not HHH. It gave Johnson the highest Democratic margin of victory since FDR, and unbeaten since.

Although there was of course the 1984 Reagan lake, when the whole nation tured blue (because at the time the GOP was blue and the Democrats red, the correct colours). He won every state besides Minnesota, and of course DC.

"Vote for President Johnson on November 3rd. Because the stakes are too high for you to stay at home."

Almost as famous as "it's morning again in America", and "there's a bear in the woods", two Reagan classics.

I'm prparing to major in American studies when I start Uni next year ;)

Buddha

I second the motion above! Dan's sequels keep getting better and better.

Hmmmm.. I have a modest proposal that should make (nearly) everyone happy... Perhaps Dan would write (and thus post chapters) more often, if he had some recreation? So, my suggestion is, we find a way for Dan to do some nice, relaxing, recreational Little Buddha shooting. Hey, everybody needs a hobby, right?

0:)