Anybody else preorder this game?  Or even heard of it, I guess?  Today is release day and I should be arriving home after work to a delivery from Amazon!  I’m probably gonna nerd out all weekend, just wanted to see if anyone else had any interest in this game.

It basically looks to be a retro-feeling/looking RPG in the style of old Final Fantasy games but told from the perspective of 8 characters.

I’ll of course have more input after I start playing, but if anyone has anything to add, please discuss!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I did see it.

I'll probably get it eventually, but I've got a pretty big backlog of games at the moment.

• Like 2

For anyone interested in the game, I’ve put about 12 hours in so far and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.  It really does have that old school RPG feel reminiscent of the earlier Final Fantasy titles.  The characters have special abilities, too, which gives you an actual reason to interact with all of the NPCs.

The choice of picking which character(s) you start with is nice, and the difficulty level increases as you add more to your party, so it has somewhat of a free-roaming world aspect versus being on a completely linear path as with most RPGs.

One qualm is that the storylines of the characters don’t actually mesh.  They are all on their own paths, and the joining together as a group is extremely arbitrary.  There doesn’t seem to be an overall storyline that ties them all together, which I find a little unfortunate.  While I’m still pretty early on in the game, this doesn’t change from what I understand.  The storylines that do exist individually also don’t seem to be utterly original for an RPG.

Aside from that, if you’re interested in a retro-feeling game and appreciate the old-school RPG style, I do recommend it.  An all-inclusive story arc binding the characters together would be a huge plus, but otherwise it’s a pretty solid choice.

Edited by Disjecta Membra
Corrected a typo
  • Like 1