Premium Story Guidelines for Submission

Go to solution Solved by Cia,

At one time, I saw a posting that went over the guidelines for writing, submitting, and the process overall for premium content. However, my search-fu is lacking this morning, and I can't seem to find it now.

What are the guidelines for writing premium content for GA?

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

This varies, and I know we've posted the information in other Help questions before but it'd probably take me longer to find it than to just write it out. We have some authors who ask to move their content to Premium in lieu of removing it since deleting content from GA is one of the ways an author can ensure they won't be able to be promoted; we do want to provide a way for authors to learn and grow, but we don't want to be a place for authors to polish their work with site reader feedback and then remove it for publishing constantly. So that's one way we have stories moved to Premium. 

Other times we put out calls for short stories or novellas for specific events. This is usually for fun and we offer up a small payment in return such as a Premium subscription or a payment or do it as a donation basis. These terms are usually spelled in the open calls so everyone knows what is being asked for and offered, then the stories are run at a set time.  

The third way is the most common and that is for authors to approach us, or vice versa, and provide a manuscript they have ready or idea for one, and we do a review to see if it's something that historically is read well by our Premium subscribers. We prefer longer novel-length stories that are already edited, though we will work with authors on that, and then we will do a variety of remittance options depending on the situation the author prefers. Anywhere from a single payment to exclusively post the story and maintain a copy in our Premium subscriber archive before the author self-publishes, to a reduced payment and providing an ISBN and advertising when the author self-publishes in exchange for the exclusive posting/maintain a copy, to no upfront payment but we will provide all editing, formatting, and self-publishing assistance for the author who wishes to follow that avenue from platform and pre-marketing advice like some branding and graphic assistance and cover art, ARC and eBook formatting, creating a book tour and book review site tour advice, etc... in exchange for exclusive posting and rights to maintain a copy. Payment amounts vary and are discussed privately with each author. 

These stories are usually run back-to-back whenever one story/novel is complete then the next begins. That means authors can submit a query to write a story well before one is needed and have time to write or edit it. 

What you probably remember was the discussion and information Myr posted in your Bait & Switch topic, btw. 

• Love 1