Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Fall 2018 LGBTQ movies

Former Member

I noticed an ad for Boy Erased this evening hinted that it might have Gay content, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Apparently it’s about a teenager forced to attend a Gay conversion therapy program. Russell Crowe seems perfectly cast as the homophobic Baptist minister. Nicole Kidman, Troye Sivan, and Flea more than balance out Crowe. Joel Egerton stars, wrote, produced, and directed the movie.  ;–)

MV5BNzM2MzU1NTM4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTMwMV5BMjA2OTc1NzI1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTgw

For @Wesley8890  ;–)

MV5BMmMzNmQ0NWEtZjRkOS00MDE5LTk1OTEtMjVj

MV5BMzc1OWNmZmItYTM2OC00M2Q4LTg0YTYtYWU2

Edited by Former Member

I am scheduled to see Bohemian Rhapsody with a straight female friend who is turned on by Rami Malek. Aiden Gillen (Queer as Folk and Game of Thrones), Tom Hollander (Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely Not!, Bedrooms and Hallways, Stage Beauty, and a couple of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies), and Mike Myers are also part of the cast. The preview clips that I’ve seen look promising…  ;–)

MV5BNDg2NjIxMDUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzEz

MV5BMjQwODExNDk1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA2MV5BMjI3MjU1NzEwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTUy

Edited by Former Member

I just got home from a special preview of Green Book. I’ll just say there is a very minor scene that links the movie to the LGBTQ community, but while important to the truth of history, there were other more significant themes running through the movie. And I Highly Recommend the movie!  ;–)

MV5BMjMyNzExNzQ5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjM2

On 10/23/2018 at 12:35 PM, droughtquake said:

I am scheduled to see Bohemian Rhapsody with a straight female friend who is turned on by Rami Malek. Aiden Gillen (Queer as Folk and Game of Thrones), Tom Hollander (Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely Not!, Bedrooms and Hallways, Stage Beauty, and a couple of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies), and Mike Myers are also part of the cast. The preview clips that I’ve seen look promising…  ;–)

MV5BNDg2NjIxMDUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzEz

MV5BMjQwODExNDk1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA2MV5BMjI3MjU1NzEwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTUy

I cannot wait to see this! And RocketMan!

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

And RocketMan!

Considering the numerous Tweets with this monicker, I’m not sure Rocketman is the best title for this movie. Maybe they should consider adjusting it to Elton John Rocketman! Isn’t Bryce Dallas Howard a little young to be Taron Egerton’s mother? But Jamie Bell and Richard Madden – too bad they’re not a couple in this movie!  ;–)

2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Considering the numerous Tweets with this monicker, I’m not sure Rocketman is the best title for this movie. Maybe they should consider adjusting it to Elton John Rocketman! Isn’t Bryce Dallas Howard a little young to be Taron Egerton’s mother? But Jamie Bell and Richard Madden – too bad they’re not a couple in this movie!  ;–)

She's only 8 years older than him but she looks to be the same age. Richard madden, does that mean cause a fire in my loins! Jaime bell is soso

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

She's only 8 years older than him but she looks to be the same age.

Only in Hollywood would they think an eight year old could have a child! Of course they think it’s normal for 60, 70, and 80 year old men to be coupled with 20-something women. And at the same time, 30 year old women are too old to be on the screen.

40 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Richard madden, does that man cause a fire in my loins! Jaime bell is soso

I’ll let you have Richard Madden if I can have Jamie Bell!  ;–)

Edited by Former Member

1 minute ago, bensau5966 said:

I watched "Mario" (2018) recently and it blew me away: the performances were outstanding, the script was superb, and it was very realistic. You should give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6999052/

Actually I saw it on the big screen back in June. It was shown during Frameline42 (the 42nd annual San Francisco International LGBTQ Film Festival) at the Castro Theatre. I agree that it was a great movie. My thoughts on the movies I saw at Frameline40, Frameline41, and Frameline42 are in The Pit, a closed club that I believe you can request to join.  ;–)