The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Soooo,  before going to the store with Michael, @MacGreg Sir said, get some fresh air and look for something that intrigues you. Michael decided we'd walk since it's not too cold or windy today. As we walked along coming close to the church and the cemetery, i thought, "I've walked here a million times, what is gonna intrigue me that i've not seen before.  i was looking around and up into the leafless trees at the squirrel nests. One of them was right over the sidewalk.. and i could see something moving.  It wasn't a squirrel ... it was a largish bird.  Michael noticed me staring and asked. I pointed, and said, "That looks like a woodpecker."

Turns out it was a woodpecker. Pecking away at the nest and dropping stuff down. Not sure why it would do that, only thing i can think of is that it may be looking for food.. nuts and things that woodpeckers do like to eat. 

So that was very interesting and intriguing. Just what the doctor or Dom ( :D ) ordered.   Thank You, Sir!

what a wonderful observation! was it the same type of woodpecker that visits your balconey? and you are so lucky to live where you can walk to the shops. we have the square but need to drive there.

• Like 4

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

what a wonderful observation! was it the same type of woodpecker that visits your balconey? and you are so lucky to live where you can walk to the shops. we have the square but need to drive there.

We mostly get the smaller downy woodpeckers, but we have seen the Hairy one, now and again: https://www.audubon.org/news/how-tell-hairy-woodpecker-downy-woodpecker

The one in the nest was the Hairy woodpecker.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Soooo,  before going to the store with Michael, @MacGreg Sir said, get some fresh air and look for something that intrigues you. Michael decided we'd walk since it's not too cold or windy today. As we walked along coming close to the church and the cemetery, i thought, "I've walked here a million times, what is gonna intrigue me that i've not seen before.  i was looking around and up into the leafless trees at the squirrel nests. One of them was right over the sidewalk.. and i could see something moving.  It wasn't a squirrel ... it was a largish bird.  Michael noticed me staring and asked. I pointed, and said, "That looks like a woodpecker."

Turns out it was a woodpecker. Pecking away at the nest and dropping stuff down. Not sure why it would do that, only thing i can think of is that it may be looking for food.. nuts and things that woodpeckers do like to eat. 

So that was very interesting and intriguing. Just what the doctor or Dom ( :D ) ordered.   Thank You, Sir!

I love woodpeckers. We’ve got them at the summer cabin in Finland. It’s a lovely thing to wake up to (provided they stick to trees and don’t go pecking on the walls, of course). We have lots of other awesome birds too. My granddad used to point them all out, by sight or sound, and tell me what they were. :) 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wonderful observation. Just glad there are no baby squirrels this time of year.

I have flickers around here. They mostly peck around in the yard looking for bugs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

I have flickers around here. They mostly peck around in the yard looking for bugs.

oh yes, true, Sir. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

hello Sir

i remember those flickers! i haven't see those kinds of birds here

• Like 3

It seems that the one I went to is gone, and wasn't a national chain. Though there is a Big Peckers in Texas, and an article about Tallywhakers being a national chain.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 4

2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

It seems that the one I went to is gone, and wasn't a national chain. Though there is a Big Peckers in Texas, and an article about Tallywhakers being a national chain.

Sounds like they dressed in the underwear i wear... i call them 'why bothers' ..lol

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

My guests have left, and my flatmate has gone to bed, so now I'm on the couch in my PJs, Tesla in my lap, drinking leftover Prosecco. 

sounds like a nice bit of quiet time Thorn

enjoy yourself!

• Love 3

Needed a break from TC4, and just finished Hello, my name is Eric, it... took a lot out of me.

I think I'll go play some Skyrim. Take some aggravation out on undead, dragons, and loads of bandits.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Needed a break from TC4, and just finished Hello, my name is Eric, it... took a lot out of me.

I think I'll go play some Skyrim. Take some aggravation out on undead, dragons, and loads of bandits.

i am such a wimp .. i hate the undead dungeons ... i did them all.. but i hate them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i am such a wimp .. i hate the undead dungeons ... i did them all.. but i hate them.

And there is a lot. I hate the damn trolls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

They can be super creepy when they just come out of nowhere or show up behind you...

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

And there is a lot. I hate the damn trolls.

The trolls are awful at lower levels. They'll kill the shit out of you. Bows and sneaking come in handy there...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

On a different note, I'm getting really good at sniping, sneaking, and backstabbing with a bow.

My go to games lately for relaxing has been my new SNES classic.  Haven't gotten to it yet, but I plan to revisit Final Fantasy III  (actually VI but it's III to me) soon.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Jdonley75 said:

My go to games lately for relaxing has been my new SNES classic.  Haven't gotten to it yet, but I plan to revisit Final Fantasy III  (actually VI but it's III to me) soon.

Sometimes the classics are the best.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..