The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

My chapter is up! It's not on the new stories feed. But whatever 

Where the heck is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

God, it's been a long day.  We have to be up at 7am ... football game to watch. After that i hope to be able to do some writing.

Also up at 7:00 for a New Year's Day hike in what looks to be some excellent but cold weather.  Happy New Year to everyone.  🎉

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Backwoods Boy said:

Also up at 7:00 for a New Year's Day hike in what looks to be some excellent but cold weather.  Happy New Year to everyone.  🎉

Sounds like a nice way to spend the morning. Happy New Year, BB!!

• Love 3

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

God, it's been a long day.  We have to be up at 7am ... football game to watch. After that i hope to be able to do some writing.

2 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

This only thing I have planned for tomorrow is writing, having the family's traditional meal, and chillaxing. Because what you do on New Year's Day, you do all year.

The traditional dinner: Collard Greens, Black Eye Peas, Hog Jaw, and Corn Bread.

Also... DON'T DO LAUNDRY ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!!! You wash a life away when you do.

• Like 2

I get knocked down, but i get up again ... hehe story of my life

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 2

Just now, BHopper2 said:

This only thing I have planned for tomorrow is writing, having the family's traditional meal, and chillaxing. Because what you do on New Year's Day, you do all year.

The traditional dinner: Collard Greens, Black Eye Peas, Hog Jaw, and Corn Bread.

Also... DON'T DO LAUNDRY ON NEW YEAR'S DAY!!! You wash a life away when you do.

i promise about the laundry ... ham, veg of some sort, taters  is what im cooking

• Love 2

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

You have to go in tomorrow too?

Yup. 

No rest for the wicked. In all honesty I'm the newest hired manager.  So I have lowest priority in time off.  But I am allowed to wear jeans tomorrow! 

It's the small things 

• Love 3

Just now, Starrynight22 said:

It's so weird. It's on my page........ 

Here 

https://gayauthors.org/story/starrynight22/forget-to-remember/6

That's weird.. did you ask about it?  I had something similar and one of the admins either fixed or had me unpublish it.. but i'd ask first.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Yup. 

No rest for the wicked. In all honesty I'm the newest hired manager.  So I have lowest priority in time off.  But I am allowed to wear jeans tomorrow! 

It's the small things 

Yeah, well that's why then.. in a year or so.. you can sit home and drink your eggnog while some poor soul is driving in!

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

It's the small things 

Lol.. they changed our dress code.  We can wear jeans anytime ... sadly it means i don't get to wear my nice suits much anymore ..

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah, well that's why then.. in a year or so.. you can sit home and drink your eggnog while some poor soul is driving in!

A lovely thought but doubtful.  The other managers have been there 11, 14 and 9 year's.  The one whose position I took had retired (well,she was replaced but that gal,was fired after 2 months) 

I'll probably  be the low man for a long while lol 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Lol.. they changed our dress code.  We can wear jeans anytime ... sadly it means i don't get to wear my nice suits much anymore ..

I like jeans days.  I have pockets. And I carry a lot of stuff around the unit. Dresses and most women's dress pants don't have pockets of course. So annoying. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

You reminded me of something funny.

We were pretty casual in the Payroll Dept. at Disney. I came in one day wearing, a shirt, tie, and dress pants, working only half-a-day, and everyone kept asking me where was my Interview was at. Only my manager believed me I was going to a cousin's wedding because I had to give her a copy of the invention.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

I guess i will have to put down this computer soon and go kiss Michael.. LOL  It really isn't the chore i just made that out to be... hehe

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I have such a thing for nice suits. Or, you know, men wearing them. :D 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..