The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
39 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It needs doing ... it takes hours to get across Toronto now .. when this is done it will be much faster.. and it will go from one end to the other.. straight across the middle of the city.  .So yeah it's a mess and a pain. but hopefully worth it all in the end.

Just before I moved to Toronto, the Sheppard subway was being built. I didn’t venture past Yonge Street, but the view east from there was awful. So glad it was all done by my move in date. It’s very nice being able to get to Fairview Mall in 10 minutes with just three stops in between the first and final stations rather than driving or busing it. 

I was on Eglington (DVP to Kennedy) Sunday and Monday of last week. It was a complete mess as far as driving goes, which made me very glad, I wasn’t the one driving. 

It actually surprised me, then I remembered they’re building the Eglington subway line. At least, I think that’s what it was...

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Just before I moved to Toronto, the Sheppard subway was being built. I didn’t venture past Yonge Street, but the view east from there was awful. So glad it was all done by my move in date. It’s very nice being able to get to Fairview Mall in 10 minutes with just three stops in between the first and final stations rather than driving or busing it. 

I was on Eglington (DVP to Kennedy) Sunday and Monday of last week. It was a complete mess as far as driving goes, which made me very glad, I wasn’t the one driving. 

It actually surprised me, then I remembered they’re building the Eglington subway line. At least, I think that’s what it was...

Oh then you drove right by where i work

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh then you drove right by where i work

If I’d known, I would have waved. :D 

Course, I probably wouldn’t have seen you through all that snow on Monday, and Sunday, well, you were done for the day. 

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy For all of my childhood and up to the late 90s, family holidays were spent in the Eg and Kennedy area. I remember certain landmarks on the drive there from the DVP. One was the lady on a swing as part of an advertisement for a car dealership - I think that’s what it was for. The other was the Golden Mile sign. I never knew it represented something until, out of the blue, my mom said what it was about. Bit nerdy, but I think it’s cool. 

Found this on wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Mile,_Toronto

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy For all of my childhood and up to the late 90s, family holidays were spent in the Eg and Kennedy area. I remember certain landmarks on the drive there from the DVP. One was the lady on a swing as part of an advertisement for a car dealership - I think that’s what it was for. The other was the Golden Mile sign. I never knew it represented something until, out of the blue, my mom said what it was about. Bit nerdy, but I think it’s cool. 

Found this on wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Mile,_Toronto

We are right next door to the T.O. East Detention Centre.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

If anyone is wondering - yes, showing my nerd side again - this is the swinging lady I was referring to in a previous post. Always, always took note of her every time an passed by there as a kid. The one thing I do remember is it took forever for her to be modernized. She looked like she was from the 50s (maybe 60s) well into the 80s when someone finally realized she wasn’t keeping up with the times. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Defiance19 said:

I tried to hang out and read tonight, but apparently tonight was when everyone wanted to play telephone.. 

Have a lovely rest of your night. Sleep tight. 

Goodnight, Def! :) 

I'm heading to bed, too. Night, DiC! See you tomorrow. :hug: 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

I tried to hang out and read tonight, but apparently tonight was when everyone wanted to play telephone.. 

Have a lovely rest of your night. Sleep tight. 

good night Def

rest well

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Goodnight, Def! :) 

I'm heading to bed, too. Night, DiC! See you tomorrow. :hug: 

good night Thorn

sweet dreams

• Like 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good night everyone...

night Reader

seems i'm the only one left, i'll straighten the room and get the lights

leaving one in the window to welcome back any who are wandering

1421780121_lampinwindow.jpg.d26364498bf56167d9ae7fee99d16f4b.jpg

goodnight, see you sometime tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Love 1

And crap is falling from the sky ... wow ... watching from indoors.  Michael said, "When I was a cop, I went out in this shit because it was my job.  Frankly, my duty to the people I served and yeah, I believed that. I still do. But boy, my job is to look after you, and you are NOT going out in this shit."  So i am watching it fall from the sky ...

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Something else I learned yesterday:

de·fen·es·tra·tion
/dēˌfenəˈstrāSHən/
noun
  1. 1. 
    FORMALHUMOROUS
    the action of throwing someone out of a window.

Who knew there was a word for this? Weird...

I did. It's one of my favourite words. Feel like I used it quite recently, but can't recall the context...

Morning, DiC! I feel bloody awful today, so I hope you all fare better.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

And crap is falling from the sky ... wow ... watching from indoors.  Michael said, "When I was a cop, I went out in this shit because it was my job.  Frankly, my duty to the people I served and yeah, I believed that. I still do. But boy, my job is to look after you, and you are NOT going out in this shit."  So i am watching it fall from the sky ...

Snowing like crazy here, too. Not gonna stop until Friday. The heart is for Michael taking care of you. :hug: 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Snowing like crazy here, too. Not gonna stop until Friday. The heart is for Michael taking care of you. :hug: 

for us it is freezing rain and suddenly after the thaw...everything is shiny and white again ..

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..