The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator

So early this morning, the dog was let out to do her business. She promptly runs through the woods - there's a path - to the cottage next door to see if her buddy Ozzie - a Golden Retriever - wanted to come out to play. I don't think they were up yet. Oops... 

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

So early this morning, the dog was let out to do her business. She promptly runs through the woods - there's a path - to the cottage next door to see if her buddy Ozzie - a Golden Retriever - wanted to come out to play. I don't think they were up yet. Oops... 

Gotta love dogs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I bought trial packs ... and started with a very low amount.

I might have to look into that myself.  I've started to have issues getting to sleep -- not sure if it's because I'm getting older or due to new Rx, 

Almost always remember my dreams, and most of them are very detailed.

• Like 5

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I can understand that.  I'm home today because we're having weirdly strong storms for August and my joints are killing me; had to come home early, even though there are things I really need to be doing at work. Just logged in to check work email real quick & order supper (because grocery shopping isn't happening & even if it were cooking wouldnt be happening) and am pretty close to the limit of my sitting.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  :hug:

:hug: 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I might have to look into that myself.  I've started to have issues getting to sleep -- not sure if it's because I'm getting older or due to new Rx, 

Almost always remember my dreams, and most of them are very detailed.

i likely dont need to say this.. but ask your doc first.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Back from festival. We were all too tired to watch any of the headliners, but we caught Sigrid which, holy shit, I have a new favourite, I think. It's not normally my genre, but her music just makes me feel good and she was such a remarkable live performer. So genuine and unaffected and the energy was amazing. I cried from the sheer power of it on this song (which I am now sharing with absolutely everyone I know, lol). This will be my new cheer-up song. When I feel awful, this is what I will listen to and feel better.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Don’t know what that is, so I’m going to Google it. Enjoy your evening...

If this is it, it looks really good 

Yes this looks good will have to check this out

• Like 4

Sirs and friends 

My wish is that you all had a fun and productive day and got everything done. I had a really good day and I was finally able to see some of the good work I had did for some of the kids. I had been behind the scenes helping but that has all changed. I made the decision that I was not staying in the back ground anymore. So I helped at the fair for this group and a few of the youths/teens told me a simple “thank you”. It broke my heart but in a good way. It made up for all the work that I had did. I know a simple thank you goes a long way. 

So I also need to tell a few people thank you as well. Michael Sir and MacGreg Sir and tim I have been talking to them and working on things to make me a better person. They are the ones that I have asked questions and they are the ones that have guided me to make the changes I have in the past 3 months. 

So to me my life has gone in a new direction and I can’t wait to see the new me. 

So as I work on the “new” me please know I’m a work in progress. So I’m sure I’m going to ask questions and make a few mistakes.

So THANK YOU to everyone in DiC but a special THANK YOU To Michael Sir, MacGreg Sir and to tim.

my final thought for everyone is “Hi, How was your day”

rick

• Like 3
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Hey rick. I’m glad your day went well. Speaking of Mike, Mac, and tim they are three really good men. Listening to their advice and view on things is a good idea in my book. From personal experience,  I can say Mike is a very sound and reassuring voice when one - I was - is faced with dealing with issues that overwhelm.

As for my day, it was good. Currently, I’m sitting here with a dog asleep on my foot. That’s right, I cannot move because I don’t want to disturb her... 

Reader I agree with you about Michael Sir - he has given me some things to think and has given me some really good advice. 

Now I have had a dog that was asleep on me and it was just better to let her alone as to move her. She is a lot of dog and it’s like moving a sack off potatoes. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Reader I agree with you about Michael Sir - he has given me some things to think and has given me some really good advice. 

Now I have had a dog that was asleep on me and it was just better to let her alone as to move her. She is a lot of dog and it’s like moving a sack off potatoes. 

She is seeking adoration elsewhere at the moment, so I got my foot back. :P 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Don’t know what that is, so I’m going to Google it. Enjoy your evening...

If this is it, it looks really good 

It's not terrible... I didn't grumble much .. and it's a little dated tech wise but it is 14 years old. But we are still enjoying it.  I've seen much much worse. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hey rick. I’m glad your day went well. Speaking of Mike, Mac, and tim they are three really good men. Listening to their advice and view on things is a good idea in my book. From personal experience,  I can say Mike is a very sound and reassuring voice when one - I was - is faced with dealing with issues that overwhelm.

As for my day, it was good. Currently, I’m sitting here with a dog asleep on my foot. That’s right, I cannot move because I don’t want to disturb her... 

Ah, I miss that, Ripley asleep on my foot.  It's beautiful thing. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..