The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator

My mom had all the house windows cleaned, and they look great. Alas, three of the screens refused to go back in their proper places. The kitchen one is warped, don’t bother says my mom. Ha! Saying that to me is tantamount to telling a bull to ignore the red cape :P 

A few struggles later, and all three screens are back where they should be.

Never could resist a challenge. Just ask, @Carlos Hazday, he’ll tell you as he sent me on many a mission (damned carrot!   :lol:) to verify something way back when in a CJ chapter. Not always on purpose mind you, but once my curiosity was piqued? I couldn’t rest until I found the answer to the query he posed. 

Edit: Oh, and the kitchen screen wasn’t warped, it was just being difficult. ;)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs, I hope everyone had a Good and Productive Tuesday. I’m finally home. So how is everyone this evening?

hi rick

was a pretty good day here, accomplished a lot at work, ran some errands & dinner's almost ready

how're you doing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi rick

was a pretty good day here, accomplished a lot at work, ran some errands & dinner's almost ready

how're you doing?

molly just sitting and watching tv not really doing anything. Thanks for asking. 

• Like 2

Sirs and friends I have question to ask is anyone a wine drinker? I need to get Steve a nice bottle of wine and I have no freaking clue what to buy. Does anyone have a good red wine they like. I’m sorry but I never really drank wine and this sub needs some advice. I walked into the wine store and I was so confused. Steve did give me a wine lesson on red wine but I was unable see the label. The amount of knowledge I have on wine is I could fill a thimble. 

Edited by rickproehl
Change word
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Sands of Iwo Jima, first time i ever saw him die was this movie

molly when we were growing up my sister had a crush on John Wayne and my dad ask her how where they to live and she said “we will sell brooms door to door” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends I have question to ask is anyone a wine drinker? I need to get Steve a nice bottle of wine and I have no freaking clue what to buy. Does anyone have a good red wine they like. I’m sorry but I never really drank wine and this sub needs some advice. I walked into the wine store and I was so confused. Steve did give me a wine lesson on red wine but I was unable see the label. The amount of knowledge I have on wine is I could fill a thimble. 

i don't drink a lot of wine, but a good merlot is good with red meat. there's also this one called Menage a Trois that is a blended wine and they are good too

• Like 2
  • Love 1

excuse me please Sirs thanks for the wine advice molly. I have a early morning so I’m going to bed early. So everyone take care of yourself and you you all have a great night. 

thanks molly and you have a good night 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

The Bogle Merlot is a good and reasonably priced red wine for those who prefer a robust red wine.  I know Costco carries it.  Usually a larger wine store will too.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

The Bogle Merlot is a good and reasonably priced red wine for those who prefer a robust red wine.  I know Costco carries it.  Usually a larger wine store will too.  

We have a Sams Club here in town. We do have a liquor store / or some people might call it a package store in Ohio you go to a State store for all of f your hard liquor 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

We have a Sams Club here in town. We do have a liquor store / or some people might call it a package store in Ohio you go to a State store for all of f your hard liquor 

I live in Ohio lol 

Try the liquor store.  They might if they carry a bigger wine selection.  You're by Chillicothe right? Try Kroger.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I live in Ohio lol 

Try the liquor store.  They might if they carry a bigger wine selection.  You're by Chillicothe right? Try Kroger.  

Starrynight yes I’m in Chillicothe, Ohio  and I will try Kroger. Like I said my wine knowledge would fill a thimble. I have been doing a lot you YouTube video watching. So thanks for the help.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Bit late for an answer perhaps (life has been crazy) but Dark Horse and Apothic are both good wineries.  Apothic Crush is a good, smooth, red blend; Dark Horse Double Down isn't bad but is a bolder red; Apothic Inferno has more of a smokey flavor as the wine is aged in whiskey barrels (but may be hard to find).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..