The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Worth it if it keeps you out of trouble!

It's such a racket.. need a note to return to work... doctor gets $50 for the visit plus another $20 for the note. Not bad for doing nothing except signing a piece of paper.   My after surgey papers cost me $150 ... he put 3 check marks and his signature, oh plus the $50 for the appointment.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Wow 4

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's such a racket.. need a note to return to work... doctor gets $50 for the visit plus another $20 for the note. Not bad for doing nothing except signing a piece of paper.   My after surgey papers cost me $150 ... he put 3 check marks and his signature. 

that is a racket, 😳 but maybe he can give you some prescription strength cough syrup & you can sleep

good morning everyone, hope it's a good one for all y'all

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's such a racket.. need a note to return to work... doctor gets $50 for the visit plus another $20 for the note. Not bad for doing nothing except signing a piece of paper.   My after surgey papers cost me $150 ... he put 3 check marks and his signature, oh plus the $50 for the appointment.

You forgot the waiting time in the office just to see the Doctor this last week my appointment was at 8:30 she showed up at 9:15. With all the sick people in the office I only sign papers with pens I bring in I don’t trust the ink pens in the office. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that is a racket, 😳 but maybe he can give you some prescription strength cough syrup & you can sleep

good morning everyone, hope it's a good one for all y'all

Morning molly

my boss at work got some pills for cough that worked better than ex strength cough meds

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

home from the doc ... i am sick, it's a bad cold... and i should live.  I can go back to work on Sunday, if i feel up to it.  God.. i hope so!!

well good now you know. take care of yourself. Everyone sending get well wishes to you.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

home from the doc ... i am sick, it's a bad cold... and i should live.  I can go back to work on Sunday, if i feel up to it.  God.. i hope so!!

Hugs, Hot Tea with lemon and honey, and some chicken soup (bone-in), and you'll be right as rain.

• Love 3

High 70's today (F); won't drop much overnight, then about the same for the high tomorrow --- up until about 1pm, when a very strong cold front moves in that could drop temps by 30F in 3 hours.   <bleh>

Got a steroid shot yesterday morning that's kept the pain level down to manageable levels so far - it should (I hope) keep working through at least Friday Morning.  [It's supposed to last for almost three months, but i'm luck if it lasts for a week; still worth it if it keeps the pain down to a manageable level.]

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

High 70's today (F); won't drop much overnight, then about the same for the high tomorrow --- up until about 1pm, when a very strong cold front moves in that could drop temps by 30F in 3 hours.   <bleh>

Got a steroid shot yesterday morning that's kept the pain level down to manageable levels so far - it should (I hope) keep working through at least Friday Morning.  [It's supposed to last for almost three months, but i'm luck if it lasts for a week; still worth it if it keeps the pain down to a manageable level.]

Fae man I thought we had weather changes but not like that. I hope the steroid shot works for you. They never helped me when I got them in the past so good luck.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Fae man I thought we had weather changes but not like that. I hope the steroid shot works for you. They never helped me when I got them in the past so good luck.

Wind chill Friday morning will be below freezing.   I normally start feeling the weather about 24-hours before it hits, so I should make it through ok.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Cleaning gutters and taking down flower pots.

I had some gutter-guards put on earlier this year. So far, they've been working wonderfully. A fine mesh that lets the water through but none of the debris, and they're slanted just enough to let the leaves and twigs slide off -- and they've kept up with the water flow even in really heavy rains.  Not too expensive (small house) but definitely worth the cost. More cost efficient than paying someone to come in and clean them out every few months. No way I could get on a ladder to do it myself.

• Like 3

hello Sirs and friends
i had a wonderful day at work, came home to get one of our favorite dinners in the oven, everybody is "full, fat and happy" and now i have time to be here
@rickproehl it's good to be on top of that stuff! 
@Fae Briona gutter guards are a great idea, sorry though, that you are in so much pain today

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends
i had a wonderful day at work, came home to get one of our favorite dinners in the oven, everybody is "full, fat and happy" and now i have time to be here
@Fae Briona gutter guards are a great idea, sorry though, that you are in so much pain today

Thank you @mollyhousemouse, it would be worse without the shot from yesterday so I can't complain. And even though wind chills Friday morning will be below freezing, by Monday it will be back up near 80F.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

Thank you @mollyhousemouse, it would be worse without the shot from yesterday so I can't complain. And even though wind chills Friday morning will be below freezing, by Monday it will be back up near 80F.

we had 19 (?) days above 90 in September, it was as bad as July, i'm really looking forward to cooler weather

• Like 2

Good evening everyone. 

tim I'm glad it's just a cold and I hope you feel better soon. 

Fae, sorry you're having pain. My mom says the temperature swings aggravate her pain from arthritis and her spinal rods.  I certainly hope you feel better soon. 

What was for dinner Molly? 

Hello Rick

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

thanks molly i’m glad it’s done for another year.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mini meat loaves, mashed potatoes and green beans
good hearty dinner, it was a special request from Phil and Number One Son

how was your day?

Omg meatloaf!!!  I love it so much but literally no one else in this house does so I never eat it.  I'm so envious lol 

Day was ok.  Thanks.  Tomorrow is a 'pay a dollar to wear jeans' day and I'm so excited lol 

I feel a bit silly getting so happy over jeans but whatever 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mini meat loaves, mashed potatoes and green beans
good hearty dinner, it was a special request from Phil and Number One Son

how was your day?

molly that sounds like a very good supper.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's a family favorite rick

One of ours as well when we make out meatloaf we use muffin pans and when we do we triple the recipe and then freeze the rest and eat them when we are short on time. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..